Aging Population

Aging Population

There are 9 comments on the KOAT-TV story from Mar 8, 2014, titled Aging Population. In it, KOAT-TV reports that:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH AGING PARENTS, THE PROSPECT OF CARING FOR THEM AS THEY GET OLDER IS DAUNTING.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOAT-TV.

Pure BS

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Mar 9, 2014
Most parents nowadays in this supposed 'aging' category still have their children sponging off them. The percentage of 20-40 somethings living off their parents is at an alltime high.
Soo true

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Mar 9, 2014
Pure BS wrote:
Most parents nowadays in this supposed 'aging' category still have their children sponging off them. The percentage of 20-40 somethings living off their parents is at an alltime high.
I have a 30-year sibling 'living off''MOOCHING' my folks who just barely make ends every month. Folks are 4 hours away, and when I visit or stay the night, I try to 'help' by 'paying' for my stay/visit by bringing them groceries/items/supplies needed in/around the house. The problem is my youngest sib (were not close) indirectly takes away what i share.

I have couple of other sibs 38-42 living at this same house, BUT they help/assist parents where they can. They do have careers.

What happens to the "moochers" if one or both parents happen to…..

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#3 Mar 9, 2014
Soo true wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a 30-year sibling 'living off''MOOCHING' my folks who just barely make ends every month. Folks are 4 hours away, and when I visit or stay the night, I try to 'help' by 'paying' for my stay/visit by bringing them groceries/items/supplies needed in/around the house. The problem is my youngest sib (were not close) indirectly takes away what i share.
I have couple of other sibs 38-42 living at this same house, BUT they help/assist parents where they can. They do have careers.
What happens to the "moochers" if one or both parents happen to…..
I don't know your parents medical condition or their age, but there is assistance out there for them. It isn't much but you can find it if you look. As for your "mooching" sibling, well that is up to your parents to make the decision to kick him out. As for your siblings with careers why don't they help by making sure their parents are cared for. You can have your career and take care of your aging parent too.
How about

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Mar 9, 2014
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know your parents medical condition or their age, but there is assistance out there for them. It isn't much but you can find it if you look. As for your "mooching" sibling, well that is up to your parents to make the decision to kick him out. As for your siblings with careers why don't they help by making sure their parents are cared for. You can have your career and take care of your aging parent too.
if our New Mexico-sized family come and live with you in your house and you can support us.

When was the last time you've 'hugged' a US Federal poverty family?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 9, 2014
Obamacare at work for the baby boomers! Generational genocide.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#6 Mar 9, 2014
How about wrote:
<quoted text>
if our New Mexico-sized family come and live with you in your house and you can support us.
When was the last time you've 'hugged' a US Federal poverty family?
I am a native New Mexican, I cared for my aging parents, terminally ill sister, aging relatives, and my partners aging parents too. I am by no means rich and I scrape by every month to make ends meet. So what exactly is your point?

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#7 Mar 9, 2014
CornDogz wrote:
Obamacare at work for the baby boomers! Generational genocide.
It has NOTHING to do with Obamacare so get over yourself already!
blame barrack obama

United States

#8 Mar 10, 2014
An Obamanation of State-sponsored aftercare of stay at home kids till they reach 26 years.

More Govt. Handouts of not to independently go out and establish themselves.

The mean times; kids will continue to soak retirement of parents.

Blame Barack Obama and his watch as Elected US President.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#9 Mar 23, 2014
'Blame Barak Obama'...as 'Elected US President'? is this a case of reaching out for sour grapes? Could Republicans have done any better? AAAH,The benefits of having a member of the family become us president! Mama, lets head for China

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Details on Massachusetts Fallen Heroes 'Patriot... 1 hr For Jenny 6
News How Donald Trump's bizarre taco bowl tweet can ... 1 hr L Craig s Hush Pu... 1
News Those doctors telling you to drink skim milk we... 4 hr Three Days 1
News "Paleo" is More Than a Fad Diet: Boyd Eaton's P... 4 hr Three Days 2
News Fries for dessert: Why it should totally be a t... 12 hr mr moe 6
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 12 hr Richard 4,264
News Revenge Voting? Hell Yea (Nov '12) 13 hr Change Is On CP Time 9,380
More from around the web