Two-year-old with pea up nose forced ...

Two-year-old with pea up nose forced to wait 26 hours in casualty

There are 874 comments on the www.mirror.co.uk story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Two-year-old with pea up nose forced to wait 26 hours in casualty. In it, www.mirror.co.uk reports that:

A HOSPITAL forced a two-year-old to wait for more than 26 hours for emergency treatment to remove a pea which lodged up her nose.

Too bad they didn't know about the great vacuum available over at the car wash. -ed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mirror.co.uk.

First Prev
of 44
Next Last

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#1 Oct 19, 2008
Ah, the joys of socialized medicine.

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 19, 2008
If you are going to leave small things around that curious toddlers might push up their nostrils, let it be chocolate chips. They will melt.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#3 Oct 19, 2008
He was F O R C E D!!! Are you people monsters?

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#4 Oct 19, 2008
Well, I took a pee on the kitchen floor once, yep, I was a bit out of it..uh huh, but let me just say that it has lasted way longer than 36 hours. Ohhh yeah, comes up at least once a year!..
The girl should just be happy that she got her vegetables for the day..you know they are starving in Qwaxzamba..

Plum, Purplonia

#5 Oct 19, 2008
justaguess wrote:
Well, I took a pee on the kitchen floor once, yep, I was a bit out of it..uh huh, but let me just say that it has lasted way longer than 36 hours. Ohhh yeah, comes up at least once a year!..
The girl should just be happy that she got her vegetables for the day..you know they are starving in Qwaxzamba..
But vegatables are not usually nasally administered.
A-MOM

Santa Rosa, CA

#6 Oct 19, 2008
hello!!!! next time go to urgent care...emergency room is for life or death DUH! no the child shouldn't have had to sit there for so long...the parent did, need a brain scan
mes112174

Stillmore, GA

#7 Oct 19, 2008
The parients need thier rear kicked for making the child wait that long. When I was growing my Dear old dad would have laughed and got it out himself

“What did you say?”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Oct 19, 2008
My daughter, who is now 23, used to put all kinds of things up her nose. She put pieces of wipes, kleenexm=, peas, green beans, walnuts, pillbugs, legos, etc. I carried around a long pair of tweezers and a flashlight to remove these items. If I could not get them out, I took her to the doctor. Finally, this problem ended. Thank goodnesss!
Beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#10 Oct 19, 2008
stopTAGGING ourWALLS wrote:
He was F O R C E D!!! Are you people monsters?
Yep,face first on the floor with a foot in the back of the neck. Pea up nostril is serious!
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#11 Oct 19, 2008
Why didn't the parents find a way to get it out?
You don't have to go to a hospital to get a pea out of your nose do you?

Maybe it is just natural selection anyway. Who are we or the hospital to interfere

“Our Grand daughter”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#12 Oct 19, 2008
And where did she shove her chicken nugget?? All she had to do was blow...lol! I don't really believe this story, 26 hours with a child sitting in one place???????

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13 Oct 19, 2008
nd where did she shove her chicken nugget?? All she had to do was blow...lol! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.(Ever tell a two year old to blow?)

“Our Grand daughter”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#14 Oct 19, 2008
Vee wrote:
nd where did she shove her chicken nugget?? All she had to do was blow...lol! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.(Ever tell a two year old to blow?)
Exactly...if one ER was busy they could have gone to another, too. So not real..
KCP

Woods Cross, UT

#15 Oct 19, 2008
wouldn't be easier for the parent to just get the pea out them selves instead of waiting so long.

Plum, Purplonia

#16 Oct 19, 2008
Church Slave wrote:
Why didn't the parents find a way to get it out?
You don't have to go to a hospital to get a pea out of your nose do you?
Maybe it is just natural selection anyway. Who are we or the hospital to interfere
Well, she was told to blow her nose to get it out and she sniffed instead, and it lodged up in there further.

Plum, Purplonia

#17 Oct 19, 2008
Mommy of four wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly...if one ER was busy they could have gone to another, too. So not real..
Oh, they did go to another one. The first hospital did not have an ENT on call, so they were directed to another hospital, where others were directed when their own hospitals lacked staff to help them.

The waiting time in cases like this depends on part which triage policy is in place. Do they treat the sickest first, or the ones most likely to make it? So if they treat the sickest first, then it is so easy to keep getting bumped to the back of the list if that is the only doctor for several cities to have sufficient on-call staff.
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Stockton, CA

#20 Oct 19, 2008
KCP wrote:
wouldn't be easier for the parent to just get the pea out them selves instead of waiting so long.
Well yeah, that's what I would have done but you have to remember that people are stupid nowadays and most don't know their ass from their elbow.
Not only that but then they would be able to try and make people feel sorry for their stupid kid.

“Be American Buy American”

Big Rock Candy Mtn.

#21 Oct 19, 2008
Seems some people never outgrow the urge to put stuff up their nose.

Plum, Purplonia

#22 Oct 19, 2008
albion wrote:
I once got pee up my nose, when the wife sat on my face.
TMI! Now good thing she was clean. Could you imagine someone going to the doctor with herpes or some other form of VD up their nose?

Plum, Purplonia

#23 Oct 19, 2008
Oh, I do have a theory... If the pea had stayed up their much longer, the mother could have pulled the pea out by the leaves and stem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 44
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Burke Ramsey responds to conspiracy theories, a... (Sep '16) 56 min Let It Snow 25
News Read On 5 hr The gramfather 1
2018 Fastest HEVC/H.265 Decoder and Encoder 5 hr lazling 1
News On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall (Oct '07) 5 hr PRIME RIB 51
News Boulder still vexed by Ramsey mystery a year af... 6 hr Let It Snow 10
News 'Dreams do pay off': Black women cheer royal en... 9 hr Harrisson 111
News Cities, volunteers clash over feeding homeless ... 10 hr Skinnydave 9
More from around the web