Vallejo's Christian Help Center toy g...

Vallejo's Christian Help Center toy giveaway serves more than 400 needy children

There are 14 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Dec 19, 2010, titled Vallejo's Christian Help Center toy giveaway serves more than 400 needy children. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

When Steve McCoy was 8, he was in heaven at Christmas, "ripping presents open and not in an orderly fashion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

santa

United States

#1 Dec 19, 2010
good job
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#2 Dec 19, 2010
What children REALLY need are TWO parents who consider the sacrifice and dedication it takes to raise a child, then plan and work toward that end so that they don't have to rely on Charity.
Merill

San Ramon, CA

#3 Dec 19, 2010
I'm not needy 'cause I'm not on the Government dole. I work. Always have. I would like one of the toys! Is there problem with that?
pimpinlibs

United States

#4 Dec 19, 2010
400 ! how long will be before these for hundred " needy " kids become needy pantsdraggers and then needy adults with needy kids of their own ? Can't you see that this is the result of 40 years of democrat policies of welfare instead of work ? Now this is all they know, just wait 'til Christmas or Thanksgiving put you hand out and will be filled by some community oraganizer using you for a vote next time another democrat is in an election .
SammySophie Grandma

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2010
Wanglow wrote:
What children REALLY need are TWO parents who consider the sacrifice and dedication it takes to raise a child, then plan and work toward that end so that they don't have to rely on Charity.
Well the reality is that many children do not have what you have described and many children from all socio-economic backgrounds do not have that. Yet those that are poor are the ones in most need of having the community come together and show that they care about them. The better off parents that do not have it together in the parenting department and to are divorced or separated may be using their children as weapons against each other and other abuses as well that are easier to cover up when a child's physical needs are met. These children though they may have plenty of things-well dressed and all the new toys-and I mean plenty because both parents over compensate with things and not really quality time. SO this is a story about families that financially cannot buy some of the things they may want to for their children because they are even challenged at meeting the child's needs let alone the wants. So in this season of giving-Grinch Wanglow-we try to focus on the child-his wants-and stay kind of far away from the harsh reality trail of things. For now-a child in need is happy. So in the spirit of giving for now be wan-GLOW and not the usual wang-LOW.
pimpinlibs

United States

#6 Dec 19, 2010
SammySophie Grandma wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the reality is that many children do not have what you have described and many children from all socio-economic backgrounds do not have that. Yet those that are poor are the ones in most need of having the community come together and show that they care about them. The better off parents that do not have it together in the parenting department and to are divorced or separated may be using their children as weapons against each other and other abuses as well that are easier to cover up when a child's physical needs are met. These children though they may have plenty of things-well dressed and all the new toys-and I mean plenty because both parents over compensate with things and not really quality time. SO this is a story about families that financially cannot buy some of the things they may want to for their children because they are even challenged at meeting the child's needs let alone the wants. So in this season of giving-Grinch Wanglow-we try to focus on the child-his wants-and stay kind of far away from the harsh reality trail of things. For now-a child in need is happy. So in the spirit of giving for now be wan-GLOW and not the usual wang-LOW.
SOOOOO I have to feed them ?????????? democrats are the party of abortion, what happened here ?
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#7 Dec 19, 2010
pimpinlibs wrote:
<quoted text>
SOOOOO I have to feed them ?????????? democrats are the party of abortion, what happened here ?
Take it easy on the old couche, that egg-nog can really slip up on a person. Democrats; the Party of Poverty, nothing much to be proud of there.
Keeping it real

United States

#8 Dec 19, 2010
Wanglow wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy on the old couche, that egg-nog can really slip up on a person. Democrats; the Party of Poverty, nothing much to be proud of there.
WangLOW.......hahahahahahaha!

Being born out of one, you should know about "old couche". Me thinks if you close your mouth the smell may dissipate some.
dave1021

Hayward, CA

#9 Dec 19, 2010
Wow, the fascist wingnut scumbags have really outdone themselves this time. Thanks for the Christmas cheer, Times Herald!
mackerel

Vallejo, CA

#10 Dec 20, 2010
If I'm reading the article correctly the gifts to the children were all donated, mostly by 'toys for tots.'
There was no mention of this being a government run program. I also don't think you had to be a liberal or have voted for a democrat to participate...could be wrong on that...
SammySophie Grandma

Walnut Creek, CA

#11 Dec 20, 2010
pimpinlibs wrote:
<quoted text>
SOOOOO I have to feed them ?????????? democrats are the party of abortion, what happened here ?
So what happenes to all those Catholics who are Democrats? I believe Democrats are the party that up-holds the Constitution and that no man is above the law and all men are created equal and that all men and women have control over their destiny. The Tea cuppers are going to choke on this, the Republicans will have a tizzy...actually maybe the democrats are the party for abortion but the republicans want them born and then not feed them...is that accurate?
tisay

Vallejo, CA

#12 Nov 24, 2012
Wanglow wrote:
What children REALLY need are TWO parents who consider the sacrifice and dedication it takes to raise a child, then plan and work toward that end so that they don't have to rely on Charity.
...and if they don't have any....what next....although the center can't help provide them with TWO parents...the Christian Help Center helps the best way they can...they not only provide...they also help train those they do give shelter and food to to become viable citizens again amidst what little resources they do have...people who runs the Christian Help Center are doing the best they can...the least we can do is thank them
Correction

United States

#14 Dec 11, 2012
pimpinlibs wrote:
<quoted text>
SOOOOO I have to feed them ?????????? democrats are the party of abortion, what happened here ?
You dont have to do shit ur a heartless soul. Wow I hope u fall on your ass . And eventually need help. People like u are the reasons the economy is ducked up. U only care about ur selfˇ
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#15 Dec 11, 2012
If you can read this thank your mother for not being "pro-choice".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Dreams do pay off': Black women cheer royal en... 54 min Ooo9 105
News Atheists plan 2018 gathering in Oklahoma City 8 hr Robert Walde 14
News Activist compares Detroit PETA billboard to KKK 9 hr ThomasA 7
News A little bit of Lopez in New York (May '10) 9 hr three blocks 2
News Neighbors sue farmer over 'cannon' to keep away... (Sep '07) 10 hr Exposed 54
News News Families of Navajo Code Talkers decry Trum... 10 hr dreidel dreidel d... 305
News Haitians shocked at decision to end temp status 11 hr Maggie 2
More from around the web