Xbox Runaway Brandon Crisp Found Dead

Xbox Runaway Brandon Crisp Found Dead

There are 358 comments on the technologyexpert.blogspot.com story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Xbox Runaway Brandon Crisp Found Dead. In it, technologyexpert.blogspot.com reports that:

15-year-old Brandon Crisp, who ran away from home on October 13th after his parents took away his Xbox 360, has apparently been found dead. His parents had taken away the game console because Crisp had become addicted to the game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at technologyexpert.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Braveheart

Louisiana, MO

#1 Nov 6, 2008
sicko games for kids, no need for those kind of games.
Foul play is currently not suspected in his death.
how does a 15 year old kid die without foul play?

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#2 Nov 6, 2008
We are Sad Too

& waiting for details

as World of War Crack

users deny

their

addictions

as well

“THE HUMAN CONDITION WHAT URGES”

Since: Oct 07

LONDONER

#3 Nov 7, 2008
Games are very addictive, like anything else in life that withdraws you from reality, and takes you somewhere imaginary (in your head) or virtual (games), where you are nearly invincible and can do almost anything.

You can actually suffer withdrawal symptoms, where you can't see yourself without being in that world. It's very dangerous.
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#4 Nov 7, 2008
Addicted? that's BS.Nowadays everybody is "addicted" to something.It's a lame excuse for not taking responsibility.
Politically Incorrect

Southview, PA

#6 Nov 7, 2008
I'm just glad that no one is blaming the parents. They did what the "experts" advise you to do, when your child is "troubled". God be with them during this most sad time in their live's.

Since: Aug 08

Canada

#7 Nov 7, 2008
First this game has a rating of "M" for mature which means its meant for players 17 and older so how is the game responsible for the parents bad choices.
WarCraft

Toronto, Canada

#8 Nov 7, 2008
Hypothermia suspected in Brandon Crisp's death

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/5...

Since: Mar 08

Caryville, TN

#9 Nov 7, 2008
No video game in the world is worth this.

Why did the parents allow it to become an addiction in the first place?

Plus, as far as I am concerned with the father helping him pack his bag to go is putting it in the kids mind that he must go just like a person assuming that a person who is threatening suicide won't do it so they say "Well go ahead, do it." which is a crime if that person does kill themselves.

So in the context of this boys death and his fathers real or pretend encouragement for him to leave, is legally responsible for his sons death and should be convicted for it.

So the parent allows such a thing to become an addiction then takes away the addiction away and then plays these cruel mental and emotional games on the kid to leave, then the kid ends up dead, the man killed his own son in my opinion.

Prosecute him.

Since: Mar 08

Caryville, TN

#10 Nov 7, 2008
With the father playing these cruel mind games on the boy I have no doubt the boy laid there and died under the perfect impression that he COULD NOT go home because once hunger and tiring set in a boy (or girl) who has run away in anger will head straight back to where they belong.

This boy didn't.

The only explanation was that he was convinced that he could not.

Rebecca Goodwin

“He went belly up!”

Since: Apr 08

Dont credit yourself so highly

#11 Nov 7, 2008
Very sad story.
My kids love that stupid x-box too. I understand the parents becoming concerned, but the world is different now. Kids play computer games and the Internet world is at their finger tips.
I'm sure the parents are absolutely crushed over the turn of events. I believe the father was trying the tough love bit. You don't get a manual when the kid is born, all you can do is your best.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 7, 2008
Politically Incorrect wrote:
I'm just glad that no one is blaming the parents. They did what the "experts" advise you to do, when your child is "troubled". God be with them during this most sad time in their live's.
Thats true, the parents didnt do anything wrong however I think they will most likely blame themselfs for the death of their child. How sad..

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 7, 2008
While this is very sad, the point here should be that parents ARE responsible for their children up to the time they are 18 (adults).

When my daughter was a teenager she wanted a cell phone. We would not get her one until she was 18. She did have a video game console and a computer. They were both out in the family living area where my wife and I could monitor what she was doing on them. Did she like these restrictions? Of course not. Not at the time anyway. Now that she is an adult and going to law school to become an attorney, she has had time to reflect on that part of her life and agrees we did the right thing.

“Rickroll me I dare you.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#14 Nov 7, 2008
What does this have to do with video games?

Clinton, Illinois

#15 Nov 7, 2008
This is what happens when so called parents let tech and other devices do what they should've been doing all the time...being parents ! They have noone one to blame but, themselves. The game has an "M" rating, the parents knew this and still either gave him the money to buy it or bought it for him. If he bought it, who was the ignorant SOB that sold it to him without I.D ?

“Rickroll me I dare you.”

Location hidden

#16 Nov 7, 2008
Video Games are the 00s rap music. Rap music was the 90s Dungeons and Dragons. Dungeon and Dragons was the 80s Long Hair. Long Hair was the 70s Rock Music.

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#17 Nov 7, 2008
Brandon Crisp autopsy today

by Robyn Doolittle

Nov 7, 2008 (82)

An autopsy will be performed today on the body of 15-year-old Barrie boy Brandon Crisp,

who ran away from home at Thanksgiving after arguing with his ...

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/5...
Politically Incorrect

Southview, PA

#18 Nov 7, 2008
IMO, every generation since the old radio programs, have had their share of violence. How did 99.999% of those generations ever make it to a ripe old age, while listening to their "hero's/heroines?

The roadrunner...why haven't more kids/YOUNGER kids succumbed to cliff's, because he falls over, then WOW, he's fine and dandy, and all ready to do it over again, in the next episode.

Why haven't more/YOUNGER kids been injured/killed while emmulating Spiderman and the rest? Could it be that THEY KNOW THOSE CHARACTERS ARE NOT REAL!!...without having to be told.

We don't know that the parents didn't allow him to leave/helped him pack to go, before? Many kids run away from home, to teach their parents a lesson...but they always come home. This kid did too, as far as we know.

Lebanon, VA

#19 Nov 7, 2008
How very sad. We are talking about a child here. That is what 2 parents are assigned to each one. I think the parents ARE responsible to a degree. Yes they should have done something, but they waited too long. That poor child died outside alone freezing to death. I have heard dying in cold is the best way to go as you fall asleep. But still no one should die that way, young alone afraid........ A waste of a life, heaven only knows what he could have been. I wonder if the parents sought professional help for the kid. Anyhow, it is done now. The parents will have a lot of time to hash this over. And I would bet a divorce isn't far behind.

Prayers, Grandma A

“waz up?”

somewhere

#20 Nov 7, 2008
this is so sad..*sniff8 :(
think about how the kids parents feel..
he should have taken the punishment instead of running away how sad..
Catch 22

United States

#21 Nov 8, 2008
All parties in this sad story are culpable. Did anyone else notice in the newspaper article.......

Publicity was such that Microsoft agreed to help investigators and

co-operated with police who sought IP addresses of those who played the game with Crisp.
Does the disclaimer on the box warn DANGER this product may be hazardous to your health,AND you civil rights?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PETA sparks outrage with child smoking campaign... 19 min Sneaky Pete 4
News Sweet spot: A second generation of family runs ... 48 min Running in circles 1
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 3,968
News School drops race-based rules for elections (Aug '10) 2 hr Them crooked cops 6
News Japan emperor wishes for peace in New Year's ap... 3 hr Ainu 116
News On the menu 02.05.16: Inspectors serve up three... 16 hr Ripped off 1
News Biker Clubs Claim Self-Defense in Deadly Denver... 20 hr Elise In Texas 1
More from around the web