West Hempstead Bringing Aid to 'Forgotten' Island Park

Nov 2, 2012 Full story: Patch.com

The electricity was out inside West Hempstead High School Friday but dozens of students, faculty and parents were inside demonstrating the true power of their community by banding together to help those in need.

Full Story
Joey Sprague

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 2, 2012
I am doing all I can to raise support all the way from Southern California. I grew up in Island Park and much of my family still lives there. Thank you for all that you are doing. I will be there to help in person ASAP. Wishing you all strength and love...not forgotten.
Glendy Chavarria

United States

#2 Nov 3, 2012
I was raised in Island Park and have many friends and and family there. I am attempting to raise awareness of this town my hometown and its great need at this time. I'm currently located in Fort Smith, Arkansas but am doing everything i can to get supplies and care packages out there. Stay strong my friends, and remember many of your friends,family and neighbors are all over the world and we will let everyone know. You are all far from forgotten!! Your friend always, Glendy....
Debbie Demar

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2012
My mother's home in Harbor Isle is uninhabitable.
It is the home I was born in 53 years ago. She and her 91 year old partner are with me in RI.
I need help securing a company that can clean and gut the first floor including freezer, washer/dryer, furnace, furniture and walls down to the studs. If you have any one reliable that can help please friend me on Facebook with an email: Debbie Demar Krohn ..THANK YOU!

Since: Nov 12

Islip, NY

#7 Dec 6, 2012
Debbie Demar wrote:
My mother's home in Harbor Isle is uninhabitable.
It is the home I was born in 53 years ago. She and her 91 year old partner are with me in RI.
I need help securing a company that can clean and gut the first floor including freezer, washer/dryer, furnace, furniture and walls down to the studs. If you have any one reliable that can help please friend me on Facebook with an email: Debbie Demar Krohn ..THANK YOU!
Your story breaks my heart! Not sure if you still need help but there is a guy out of LB who has set up an amazing volunteer service, tool library, etc. He seems eager to help and is reaching out to Island Park as well. His Facebook page is "Sandy Help LB" his name is Bryan Murphy all his contact info is under about tab on FB. He can steer you in the right direction at least. Hope this helps! SandyHelpLB@gmail.com
Mad dog

Franklin Square, NY

#9 Jan 16, 2013
Funny how they ditched us for long beach a couple years ago and now they ever so dearly need help from their Father West Hempstead

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taiwan named by Singapore travellers as top New... 2 hr TW_sugar_daddio 5
Wind advisory in effect Christmas Eve 3 hr Skeeter 1
Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots 4 hr Switches 25
Do Muslims celebrate Christmas? 4 hr Just a guy 4
Veterans Affairs clinic chief praises improved ... (Jan '10) 5 hr Channel Cat 47
Sierra Leone bans Christmas parties amid Ebola 5 hr dirtypeople 1
US economy accelerates and helps lift Dow to 18K 5 hr Go Blue Forever 2
More from around the web