Don't waste your time with Christmas ...

Don't waste your time with Christmas deniers

There are 6 comments on the Examiner.com story from Dec 23, 2012, titled Don't waste your time with Christmas deniers. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The Grinches are out in force, posting comments that they consider witty and very crushing about things like the Virgin Birth and indeed whether Jesus was actually even born.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Think Again

Coats, NC

#1 Dec 23, 2012
From the article:

"Frequently, when I post replies to skeptics, I advise them to just read a book. People like Bishop John Shelby Spong of the Episcopal Church have several best-sellers out there, so somebody is reading them and they must be pretty good (I have them all)."

Why would you recommend a book written by a skeptic to a skeptic?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Dec 23, 2012
Think Again wrote:
From the article:
"Frequently, when I post replies to skeptics, I advise them to just read a book. People like Bishop John Shelby Spong of the Episcopal Church have several best-sellers out there, so somebody is reading them and they must be pretty good (I have them all)."
Why would you recommend a book written by a skeptic to a skeptic?
Because it's by radical gay advocate Margot Fernandez of the Tucson Liberal Christian Examiner.

"I count myself fortunate because we do not subject each other to such non-conversations where I go to church, the Episcopal Church of St. Michael and All Angels in Tucson. But years ago, when the questions of ordination of women and/or LGBT candidates for the priesthood were being debated, there were disgruntled Episcopalians who were on the point of either leaving the Church or joining another denomination, who used to try to set up these situations until the issues were settled, after which they did whatever they were going to do. If they left the ECUSA, good riddance to them."

And I bet she didn't bother to wish them a Merry Christmas on their way out.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Jame Aist wrote:
Margot is spot on when she extends the main point to include comments on articles that do not promote the gay agenda ...
You obviously didn't even bother to read this article as radical gay advocate Margot Fernandez of the Tucson Liberal Christian Examiner writes articles that promote that gay agenda!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Think Again wrote:
From the article:
"Frequently, when I post replies to skeptics, I advise them to just read a book. People like Bishop John Shelby Spong of the Episcopal Church have several best-sellers out there ...
Spong's concept of Christmas from his 12 Theses:

Thesis #4: The virgin birth, understood as literal biology, makes Christ's divinity, as traditionally understood, impossible.
James Aist

Knoxville, TN

#6 Dec 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't even bother to read this article as radical gay advocate Margot Fernandez of the Tucson Liberal Christian Examiner writes articles that promote that gay agenda!
Actually, I did read the article, but obviously not carefully enough; my bad. I did make some good points, though.
Listen to the Word

Needles, CA

#7 Dec 24, 2012
The Incarnation of the Lord, inclusing the Virgin Birth, are matters of faith. Our reason cannot help here. If we could rationalize how Jesus became both God and man and how he was, is, and remains God and man, there would be no need for faith.

The historic creeds of the church -- the Apostles', the Nicene, and the Athanasian -- all remind us what the Bible teaches and adds the words, "I believe" or "We believe."

Nor is our faith a new rationalism. It is a gift of the Spirit for "No one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit."

The problem with Christmas in the world and in most churches is that unbelievers and theologians try to explain the inexplicable. Yet Christianity 101 teaches us that we know these things by faith and by faith alone. God tells us, "My thoughts are above your thoughts, and you cannot attain unto them." Since we can't, don't try. Simply believe because all of Christianity is a matter of faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's In A (Hispanic-Sounding) Surname? We Gav... 1 hr ex-deputy sheriff CO 6
News Shorty's Place changing ownership and management (Jul '14) 3 hr Whatajoke 7
News America's First Meat-Free Fast-Food Restaurant ... 8 hr CO MW Support Col... 2
News Inside basement where JonBenet Ramsey was murde... 8 hr BrotherMoon 2
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... 10 hr Rainbow334 7
News Are black visitors really welcome in the Adiron... (Aug '16) 11 hr Little John 34
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg surprise speaker at Rosh Ha... 16 hr Just Saying 7
More from around the web