Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 20 comments on the Jan 2, 2013, KTVK Phoenix story titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2566 Apr 3, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD
On a 10" or 15" lap top screen, for me .. smartphones are a hassle abd toi big fir guys to lug around. I use a small slim very compact cell phone.
Buddhas everywhere, became hip with the cool crowd n their decor...lol...even Architecural Digest highlights them. Are they becoming a Graven Image or Amulet for some Americans. Others claim to be inspired to humility.
Do you have a patron Saint, I still have leanings towards this part of Catholic doctrine.
Steve Jobs supposedly even believed in some type of Budddhist vibe in the evolution of the smart phone.
I was curious if you had a smart phone because the screen is so small (and so are some laptops), because that would make it a challenge to see posts on one screen... I have a small thin cell phone; the smart phones are too small to see enough :)
My problem w/the buddhas, buddhism is that it's given a place of importance, when only God is important. God should inspire humility, because he made the majesty of the entire world... I don't have a patron Saint, but I know there are Guardian Angels Ps. 91:11: "He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash they foot against a stone" *** Isn't it amazing, like the breastplate of St. Patrick: protection from enemies, anear & afar, alone & in a multitude :)
I read about Jobs; he became lost to Zen, used a lot of LSD...God was left behind.
Another Poster

Addison, IL

#2567 Apr 3, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi made two gas purchases in Pasadena, California within minutes of each other before she went to Mesa, Arizona, she also made two gas purchases within minutes of each other in Salt Lake City, Utah when she was on her way back to California.
There were two separate purchases because she filled up her rental car and the gas cans with fuel.
Martinez is trying to prove premeditation by claiming that the reason why Jodi had the gas cans was because she didn't want to leave a paper trail in Arizona. If that is the case, why did she made two gas purchases in Utah?
The fact that she filled up her car and the gas cans in Utah is a blow to the prosecution's theory.
"June 3, 2008:
Pasadena, California
Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.
June 6, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
Arias makes two gas purchases at Tesoro between 3:57 a.m. and 4:05 a.m. The first one was for $41.18. The second one was 8 minutes later for an additional $36.98."
Cock A Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to remember she is severely mentally ill which means the things she does do not necessarily have to make sense as far as what a normal person would do. Remember, she said that going to Mesa, Arizona really didn't put her too far out of her way on her trip to Utah. She traveled a a total of almost 3,000 miles.
Jodi has not claimed that she was legally insane when she killed Travis, she has asserted an affirmative defense (self defense / justifiable homicide).
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2568 Apr 3, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I was curious if you had a smart phone because the screen is so small (and so are some laptops), because that would make it a challenge to see posts on one screen... I have a small thin cell phone; the smart phones are too small to see enough :)
My problem w/the buddhas, buddhism is that it's given a place of importance, when only God is important. God should inspire humility, because he made the majesty of the entire world... I don't have a patron Saint, but I know there are Guardian Angels Ps. 91:11: "He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash they foot against a stone" *** Isn't it amazing, like the breastplate of St. Patrick: protection from enemies, anear & afar, alone & in a multitude :)
I read about Jobs; he became lost to Zen, used a lot of LSD...God was left behind.
You are special..crashing...talk tomorrow
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2569 Apr 3, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, Hun, will get back to you on this. One thing for sure, she has always been met with dislike by other females, perhaps even a reason why she dropped out of HS. Men, even experienced mem, found her hypnotic in the bedroom, beyond technique or passion. She locked into them when making love something they had not felt before. Subtle, but hypnotic.
I didn't have a strong opinion about her until all of the journaling testimony, and her Wiccan, buddhism, hindu interests w/the guys she dated. I think she was/is a mess. She's not soemone I would've stayed friends with if she started talking about any of that. I like women who are stable, and grounded w/God. It doesn't matter if they are doe-eyed...
She may have had a special trait that many women don't, because many women harbor a competitive or resentment towards men; they don't see men as the best gift God gave them when they're in love... most women don't consider/honor them as their best friend and their hero. Hard to be warm love when you don't have a man in the highest regard, above all else.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2570 Apr 3, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jodi has not claimed that she was legally insane when she killed Travis, she has asserted an affirmative defense (self defense / justifiable homicide).
de facto insanity/diminshed capacity defense...lol
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2571 Apr 3, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are special..crashing...talk tomorrow
thank you LG:) You too :) Sweet dreams & Godspeed
Ford

Eufaula, OK

#2572 Apr 3, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, Hun, will get back to you on this. One thing for sure, she has always been met with dislike by other females, perhaps even a reason why she dropped out of HS. Men, even experienced mem, found her hypnotic in the bedroom, beyond technique or passion. She locked into them when making love something they had not felt before. Subtle, but hypnotic.

I'm sorry just had to comment as a woman in her 20's and I am married to a man in his 40's...lets be real here as in 100% real..a man is man is man... Young or old they like sex!!! Period!!! Hypnotic ummm... No ...different from the norm,sure,make them feel more youthful,energetic ,etc..yes!!! Like they won lotto even.. Hypnotic,no... Sorry to say.. The normal man would if n only (if) would screw just about anything they could get away with..

I really do enjoy your take on things,n your point of view..again I know all to well how men think....
;)
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2573 Apr 3, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't have a strong opinion about her until all of the journaling testimony, and her Wiccan, buddhism, hindu interests w/the guys she dated. I think she was/is a mess. She's not soemone I would've stayed friends with if she started talking about any of that. I like women who are stable, and grounded w/God. It doesn't matter if they are doe-eyed...
She may have had a special trait that many women don't, because many women harbor a competitive or resentment towards men; they don't see men as the best gift God gave them when they're in love... most women don't consider/honor them as their best friend and their hero. Hard to be warm love when you don't have a man in the highest regard, above all else.
Great point on many women harboring a resentment .. JA was Latina wired, they love being women and love men.

Interesting, I was at a Pentacostal type wedding, afterwards heard a "Sista" who was married to a deacon, causually speaking on a postive note of men holding dominion over women, supposedly something in the bible about it.

OK, crashing now:) No Asian Pursasian present nor on the radar screen...lol
Ford

Eufaula, OK

#2574 Apr 3, 2013
Also she did not have a lot of friends..man or woman.
Just ppl she acknowledged.. She never let ppl get to close n the ppl she did called her out or told her she may in fact need help..

Also with LAGuY giving refense to her being Latina,Mexican ,etc... She is more Indian in her looks just because her maiden name is (Arias).. Really isn't irrelevant...I know blonds with last name Sanchaz,and Mexicans with last name White... Look at her...
Mandy

Phoenix, AZ

#2575 Apr 3, 2013
I agree with LA Guy
And Sarah you're stupid. Wait and see the hung jury.
Ford

Eufaula, OK

#2576 Apr 3, 2013
Ummm let's not call names here..tis a open convo..with different opinions..
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2577 Apr 3, 2013
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2578 Apr 4, 2013
LG, after midnight, so nice nad quiet... Still awake, listening to talk radio and "researching"...
I was curious about the Patron Saints, since you mentioned them. I found this: Police officers Patron Saint is Michael the Archangel (Arch means Chief/Ruling in Greek), also known as the patron saint of policemen, is the guardian of the church and a faithful servant of God.
:) I wonder if that is the Saint that was on the "Scapular medal" that you recieved from your Mom, and carried in your wallet at the time you were in an OIS.
* So this time, I can tell you Good morning first :)
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2579 Apr 4, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, after midnight, so nice nad quiet... Still awake, listening to talk radio and "researching"...
I was curious about the Patron Saints, since you mentioned them. I found this: Police officers Patron Saint is Michael the Archangel (Arch means Chief/Ruling in Greek), also known as the patron saint of policemen, is the guardian of the church and a faithful servant of God.
:) I wonder if that is the Saint that was on the "Scapular medal" that you recieved from your Mom, and carried in your wallet at the time you were in an OIS.
* So this time, I can tell you Good morning first :)
How nice, this message and you with my first cup of coffee. I also listen to talk radio at times when in bed and in the car. Rush L was up you way in SAC for a long time. I like Geraldo in the AM and a few others. How about when Howard S was on. Was unaware of the the Patron Saint for police officer's, thank's for the touching message. Research St Jude, I always like hear about miracles and we have all heard of St Jude hospitals run by the
Shriners. The Catholic Church, about the only religion who keeps the history of the Saints alive.

As to JA, I was disappointed to hear that she was so disrepectfull to her parents. They appeared very down to earth and caring in the interviews. She supposedly belittled her mom for not being educated.

Still see her as an Enigmatic type, since I have known a few and they do exist. If JA had married a wealthy guy, I could see her turning into a pretentous Biatch. JA was (is) not evil though, granted most will not agree with me on this one. She also was attracted to the Mormon Doctrines of goodness, despite most thinking she only became involved to curry favor with TA.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2580 Apr 4, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Det Flores is a real pro, like his style. He does look a little perplexed when the cam pans on him at the prosecutor's table, usually when Martinez is gyrating around.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2581 Apr 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice, this message and you with my first cup of coffee. I also listen to talk radio at times when in bed and in the car. Rush L was up you way in SAC for a long time. I like Geraldo in the AM and a few others. How about when Howard S was on. Was unaware of the the Patron Saint for police officer's, thank's for the touching message. Research St Jude, I always like hear about miracles and we have all heard of St Jude hospitals run by the
Shriners. The Catholic Church, about the only religion who keeps the history of the Saints alive.
As to JA, I was disappointed to hear that she was so disrepectfull to her parents. They appeared very down to earth and caring in the interviews. She supposedly belittled her mom for not being educated.
Still see her as an Enigmatic type, since I have known a few and they do exist. If JA had married a wealthy guy, I could see her turning into a pretentous Biatch. JA was (is) not evil though, granted most will not agree with me on this one. She also was attracted to the Mormon Doctrines of goodness, despite most thinking she only became involved to curry favor with TA.
Godspeed LG :) Radio: I really like-love Rush, he tells it like it is... I love it when he says, "On loan from God", rustles his papers, and just the way he talks ... he's on now :) Younger Conserv Andy Dean, especially when he has his Atty or Med guests; he's amusing. Dave Ramsey sometimes: the Conserv version of Suze Orman.* I like IHeart Radio, too: I can listen to NY, or Dallas, or LA Conservs :)* Geraldo, not so much... in fact, I can't watch him on FoxNews... what is with the uncontrolled stache????:) I like Dr. Anthony Napoleon on Twitter: he's an expert on Forensic Psychology, as well as Progressive/Marxism and it's effect on our Country. I use twitter like a News feed, not for a social outlet.* Howard Stern used to scare me when he was on TV, with all of his strange and nasty guests, and I didn't like Robin either. He was definitely the shock jock.
:) You're welcome. Happy to look up St.Jude...
"St. Jude is invoked in desperate situations because his New Testament letter stresses that the faithful should persevere in the environment of harsh, difficult circumstances, just as their forefathers had done before them. Therefore, he is the patron saint of desperate cases and his feast day is October 28. Saint Jude is not the same person as Judas Iscariot who betrayed Our Lord and despaired because of his great sin and lack of trust in God's mercy. St. Jude, known as Thaddaeus, was a brother of St. James the Less, and a relative of Our Saviour. St. Jude was one of the 12 Apostles of Jesus." ref: http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php...
Jodi: ok, if she wasn't attractive, then 100% Nut Job, gentlemen. And, she was beyond a rebelious teen or daughter; she was very disrespectful, and as an adult, no respect for the law or authority (ptsd or not). Regarding Mormonism, if TA was an atheist, she was going to become one, no doubt about it. Look at her history w/men. When she met TA, all of the sudden she was ready to become a Mormon. She's very immature, manipulative, and eventually her good looks will fade (already looks worn out), and who is she???? Has she ever apologized for all of her lies and wasting LE's time, etc.? If she was an innocent bystander in all of this, ok, lessons learned, apologize, make amends-somehow, but she's not, she's still stuck on herself... that journal speaks Legions upon Legions of who she is.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2582 Apr 4, 2013
Martinez just took LV on cross. The first question out of his mouth was something about her only having a BA degree. Yes, a few pages back I mentioned that he woud be foolish enough to belittle her credentials, lack of a PhD. Immediatley HLN cuts with longer commercials and old interview vids of JA.

GD, do you remember me calling this one!
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2583 Apr 4, 2013
OK, surprisingly calling the cross of LV early, after some thirty minutes. LV is foolishly arguing back, lacking professional poise of an expert witness. Does not bode well for her credibility. So many were critical of Dr Samuels, but he remained dignified.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2584 Apr 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Martinez just took LV on cross. The first question out of his mouth was something about her only having a BA degree. Yes, a few pages back I mentioned that he woud be foolish enough to belittle her credentials, lack of a PhD. Immediatley HLN cuts with longer commercials and old interview vids of JA.
GD, do you remember me calling this one!
Yes, I do, LG :) Brilliant, as usual :)
her web page: http://www.alycelaviolette.com/
Another Poster

Addison, IL

#2585 Apr 4, 2013
Jodi and Snow White: Connection?

By Dr. Drew staff

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/04/jodi-an...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chipotle is now GMO-free 10 min woodtick57 11
News Clinton Foundation Put On Charity 'Watch List' 1 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 6
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 6 hr Elmer 25
News Houston Chef David Guerrero Faces Major Brain S... 9 hr TexasFarter 8
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 10 hr nng 8,953
News Clinton Foundation admits missteps in donor dis... 12 hr Eleanor 14
News 'View' Crew Mock Anti-Vaccine Crowd as 'Nuts,' ... 16 hr Doctor My Eyes 4
More from around the web