Homeless Supplied With Socks, Tents a...

Homeless Supplied With Socks, Tents as Snow Storm Approaches

There are 13 comments on the 5NEWSonline.com story from Dec 24, 2012, titled Homeless Supplied With Socks, Tents as Snow Storm Approaches. In it, 5NEWSonline.com reports that:

Close to 200 people in need made it out to the intersection of North 6th and 255 in Fort Smith Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5NEWSonline.com.

Midnight Cowboy

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Dec 27, 2012
One way bus tickets to Florida would have made more sense. But then the bureaucrats would reduce the census and put themselves out of a job. Detestable!!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Just think about how sad the habitat challenged would be if my wonderful president Mister Obama had not provided them with hope. Hope warms the heart more than a pair of socks or a good meal ever could. Thank you Mister Obama for filling us full of hope.
Homeless or Hopeless

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Dec 31, 2012
9th Street Campground

Fort Smith, AR

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Cozy tents for rent. Close to free food and entertainment!
9th Street Comfort

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Jan 4, 2013
9th Street Campground wrote:
"Antifreeze" and other comfort substances are allowed.
Sonny

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Jan 4, 2013
Solar heat, no extra charge when available. BTW, one way bus tickets and happy meal cards are cheaper than tents,sack lunches and the administrative costs(aka 'phony executive' career salaries)
buddy salaries

Nassau, Bahamas

#7 Jan 4, 2013
it looks like the city chief is buying more support with taxpayer money! big salaries paid to administrate the freebee hand outs! its just so easy to spend someone elses money! bet even old PJ could handle that job and wouldn't blow the whistle on ray!
RIP

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Jan 5, 2013
Poor Danny, I hope you are in a better place now.
facts

Fayetteville, AR

#9 Jan 5, 2013
Danny did not freeze to death behind a dumpster. He died in a room at the Garden Lodge. He was sick and had refused medical attention.
Gossip

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Jan 5, 2013
Yet another disinformation campaign to promote the interest of the missions pastors(charlatans). Close the missions to public funding. Discourage homelessness refuge in Fort Smith while encouraging and enabling indigent out migration from Fort Smith to other regions where employment and mental health resources are more plentiful. Who would be left would be more manageable,especially if they face re-incarceration. This follows the divisions of thirds.

1-Down on their luck

2-Mentally Ill

3-Crooks and Con-artists

1 and 2 will benefit from relocation and ease the burden on our city.

3 will get what they deserve, jail time preferably out of town.

Maybe the Garden Lodge has to be shut-down. It is a blight on the Hotel/Motel/Tourist segment of downtown Fort Smith. It is too close in walking distance to what aims to be a tourist zone. Unless of course we want to promote free lunch tourism.
Compassion in Lavaca

Fort Smith, AR

#11 Jan 9, 2013
The driveway, the spare bedroom and the Keurig are ready for you. No work required. My mate and kids will be thrilled.
Who wants to live at a Walmart parking lot. Really.
LavacaLocationLo cation

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Compassion in Lavaca wrote:
The driveway, the spare bedroom and the Keurig are ready for you. No work required. My mate and kids will be thrilled.
Who wants to live at a Walmart parking lot. Really.
Your heart is in the right place, but shelter is in the wrong location. Without opportunity for self sufficiency or adequate mental health care your offer would be temporary and limited. Keep your sentiment close to your heart and soul while using it to induce your leaders to do the right thing for the victims, not the "rescuers" in sheep's clothing. Keeping them honest should make you feel good as well as helping the victims of a bad economy or ill health. Thank you for your sincere concern.
Cheap Sarcasm

Fort Smith, AR

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Uber Liberal12 wrote:
Just think about how sad the habitat challenged would be if my wonderful president Mister Obama had not provided them with hope. Hope warms the heart more than a pair of socks or a good meal ever could. Thank you Mister Obama for filling us full of hope.
Hey Uber Goober! You are a butthead!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I am Proud to be a Muslim 41 min Old Pom 48
News The most technologically advanced country in th... (Jul '08) 1 hr Elizabethr 55
News Rep. McGovern, on a tour in Northbridge, touts ... 4 hr Empty Suits 1
News Solar Energy Is Not A Viable Alternative To Fos... 4 hr yandli 2
News Flipside Burger & Bar serves up burgers and fam... (Sep '09) 17 hr Norbert of Norview 4
News Free Pizza and Candidate talk today Wed Donald Trump 2
News Tingley family tries to 'Save Face' on Facebook (Dec '08) Wed Andrew le 41
More from around the web