What impact have you had?

What impact have you had?

There are 23 comments on the Jamaica Observer story from Dec 20, 2012, titled What impact have you had?. In it, Jamaica Observer reports that:

SO Christmas is five days away. In Jamaica, Christmas is a time when more people than usual go to church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jamaica Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 21, 2012
Interesting. From the article:

'So what if December 25 was originally a pagan celebration in Rome? The Christians converted it to the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, just as Jesus converted the feast of the Passover into His Eucharist and God converted the corn festival of 50 days after Passover (Pentecost) into the day when the Holy Spirit came.'

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
'So what if December 25 was originally a pagan celebration in Rome? The Christians converted it to the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, just as Jesus converted the feast of the Passover into His Eucharist and God converted the corn festival of 50 days after Passover (Pentecost) into the day when the Holy Spirit came.'
A) The passover was NOT a celebration to false Gods.

B) It was JESUS CHRIST who changed the passover, NOT the Catholic Church.

The fact is that Christmas is a collection of ritual celebrations to false gods performed in the name of Jesus Christ.

It is about as insulting as you can get. I mean they couldn't even invent something new for Jesus, they had to celebrate Jesus using the same celebrations that they celebrate the enemies of Jesus with.

And now they would rather make excuses than do the right thing because the FLESHLY DESIRES that the group experience called "Christmas" provides is blinding them to spiritual truth.

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#3 Dec 21, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>A) The passover was NOT a celebration to false Gods.

B) It was JESUS CHRIST who changed the passover, NOT the Catholic Church.

The fact is that Christmas is a collection of ritual celebrations to false gods performed in the name of Jesus Christ.

It is about as insulting as you can get. I mean they couldn't even invent something new for Jesus, they had to celebrate Jesus using the same celebrations that they celebrate the enemies of Jesus with.

And now they would rather make excuses than do the right thing because the FLESHLY DESIRES that the group experience called "Christmas" provides is blinding them to spiritual truth.
It was a quote from the article.

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 21, 2012
The true history and motives of Catholicism!
www.scribd.com/doc/99734260/Stealing ...

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 21, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
I understand that it is a quote from the article.
1: Passover was not (and still isn't) a pagan holiday.

2: I think Jesus had a bit more authority to make this kind of change then the Church leaders did.

3: it is all about the accuracy of the date.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 21, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a quote from the article.
Why did you bother?

Obviously there are issues with the quote that you didn't understand or don't care about.

But if you are going to quote the article then I am going to point out its faults.
Spike

Whippany, NJ

#7 Dec 21, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you bother?
Obviously there are issues with the quote that you didn't understand or don't care about.
But if you are going to quote the article then I am going to point out its faults.
gareth were you sitting on the toilet with an erection as you typed that? did it make you spooge?

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#8 Dec 21, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you bother?

No, that's completely cool to point out what you disagree with.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you drink sorrel Aneirin? Or eat rum cake?

Just curious.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>gareth were you sitting on the toilet with an erection as you typed that? did it make you spooge?
spike there are women on this forum and I don't appreciate that sort of talk.
Spike

Whippany, NJ

#12 Dec 22, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>spike there are women on this forum and I don't appreciate that sort of talk.
sorry cant help you. I say it as it is. Leave if you dont like it.
Prime

United States

#14 Dec 22, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>Lookie here...Acrobat is trying to tiptoe into this thread and defend the apostates without looking like he/she is defending Christmas.
Hey,Acrobat....That post name of your's is appropriate.mp
You're a real piece of work. Quite the contortionist.
Talk about contortionists,I've never seen someone sashay around the forum with their own lips firmly planted on their own arse like you do!

It's no wonder you like cleaning toilets with your tongue!
Spike

Whippany, NJ

#15 Dec 22, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>ND is one of those that thinks she runs the forum.
l8ke a priestess? Lol
TPMP

New York, NY

#16 Dec 22, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>l8ke a priestess? Lol
LOL!

Nothing would surprise me.
Prime

United States

#17 Dec 22, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>I like cleaning toilets with my tongue, the dirtier the better, yum!
Yeah we know Jose, that's probably why you like using dirty jockstraps as dental floss too!

Location hidden

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>sorry cant help you. I say it as it is. Leave if you dont like it.
not a bad idea.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 22, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>ND is one of those that thinks she runs the forum.
no you think that little man, just because I said I didn't appreciate dirty talk you think I run the forum, I can only imagine the abuse I would cop of you had I agreed with the post.
TPMP

New York, NY

#20 Dec 22, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>no you think that little man, just because I said I didn't appreciate dirty talk you think I run the forum, I can only imagine the abuse I would cop of you had I agreed with the post.
I wouldn't waste my time, ND.

Posting with you is like a bottomless pit

Enjoy your evening.
Spike

Whippany, NJ

#21 Dec 22, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>not a bad idea.
then you go right on ahead

Location hidden

#22 Dec 22, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>then you go right on ahead
in my own time, is that ok?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best places for breakfast in Buffalo: 5 WNY pla... (Dec '15) 3 hr Kilhoffer Street ... 4
News Office of Veterans Affairs opens on Jefferson B... 4 hr Whitdog 1
News Batavia residents continue tradition of hosting... 7 hr Verruckt 1
News Deputy claims self-defense in Marksville fatal ... 23 hr frilled2b 1
News Top Three Restaurants in Florissant, Missouri (Apr '10) Sun Just precious 62
News Happy 108th, Mary Cousins Sat W1DGA 1
News Bruester's Ice Cream looking to open in next ye... Sat Melted 3
More from around the web