Vets Wait 11 Months for Benefits

Nov 12, 2012 Full story: NBC New York

Veterans are forced to wait 11 months or more for benefits they have earned due to a backlog at the Department of Veterans Affairs, the I-Team has learned.

Full Story
wtf

Athens, TN

#1 Nov 13, 2012
This is due to budget cut backs, it will only get worse as congress trims the edges in order to save wealthy people a little money.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#2 Nov 13, 2012
wtf wrote:
This is due to budget cut backs, it will only get worse as congress trims the edges in order to save wealthy people a little money.
WTF, this has been an on going process of denial of benefits and vets not geting their full benefits unless they protest thier denied request. thsi has been occurring ever since Viet Nam and before that period. How do you think the big wigs make their bonuses but off the backs of veterans. the more denieals of benfits the bigger the bonuses for the administrators. My grand son has beeen waiting in protest for over a year trying to get his fulll benfits because of his service disabilities from 4 tours in Irag, in numberous IED explosions has surveer braion trauda , plus numberous other injuries service connected. Hell they have even fired people for giving benefits to veterans because of V.A. employees correcting the denials that had wrongfully denied vets their benefits. As seen on the news and on Free Speech TV. courtsesy of DISH SAtalite. Amazing how our elected officials praise our veterans then don't wont to compenate the vets when injured in war time. GOD BLESS VETS they dam sure need all the blessings they can get because the V.A. is still falling behind in taking care of our vets.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Remeber our forgotten vets. Cause the people have dam sure forgotten them. As well as the V.A.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Come on guys and dolls, who among you hasn't ensured the old hurry up and wait? Our system is old and outmoded. At last glance it's based on a system that was put in place during the Eisenhour(?) administration. The politicos dont want to address in because it's not popular. They tell you what they think you want to hear, but do they really care? I THINK NOT. They turn us vets down as a deterent, to tire one out or frustrate us. The power brokers in D.C. don't want to address the issue or don't you think the would? We're talking the most powerful nation on the planet. Now while we gripe an complain, we are not the worst off as our former enemies. Some of them die waiting for injuries sustained on active duty. Ask the Russian soldier or even our ally the South Koreans. I say this to put things in perspective, cause as the old saying goes ''No matter how had off you think you have it there's always someone worse''. I suggest we all put on a good suit of armor and a better pair of boxing gloves. And pack a good lunch cause you're in for a damn good fight!
pappy

Lancaster, TX

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Well Ezekiel, the troops when they are injured or entered into a goverment program that was promised them as benefits it should be set up to do what it is suppose to do. It sure did not take the military very long to let a person join up, infact in some cases the DOD will not let that person out because of a shortage of manpower. The whole country has been WalMarted--hurry up and stand in line and maybe your fiel will not be files in file 13, and oops--overlooked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Harper: PM back on top in parliamentary sea... 57 min no Wynne situation 1
Why is Canada's bee population drastically in d... 2 hr no Wynne situation 1
Ontario beekeepers lost more than half of their... 2 hr no Wynne situation 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | School su... 4 hr ELR 3
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr ann 8,755
BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) 5 hr Anonomous 34
New dining options: Downtown Tupelo's restauran... 6 hr Tom 11
More from around the web