Do Interracial Relationships and Self...

Do Interracial Relationships and Self-Hate Go Hand in Hand?

There are 271 comments on the BlogHer story from Sep 20, 2012, titled Do Interracial Relationships and Self-Hate Go Hand in Hand?. In it, BlogHer reports that:

Recently, freelance writer Jenny An caused an online firestorm with her confessional essay I'm an Asian Woman and I Refuse to Ever Date an Asian Man for xoJane.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BlogHer.

Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#201 Oct 6, 2012
Grouch wrote:
<quoted text>
"The only black features I have are my kinky hair and more abrasive facial features".
So you're neither Asian nor black, but a Neanderthal?
"I can pass for white." There you go getting those fancy ideas again.
"And even if I wasn't white, what's so special about being white?"
ME!
"ME!" Wow, and with that comment I am now ashamed to be white.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#202 Oct 6, 2012
Grouch wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you two are getting on it seems like you've got designs on making DerekJ your 'wife'. Well his wife is out of the country at the moment so now's your chance. I'm sure you two lovebirds can find a nice cozy cell, sorry I mean room somewhere.
TheJazuma is right. You do like creating erotic gay fantasies to pleasure yourself.

“YOUPI”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#203 Oct 7, 2012
My mom is Black my dad Arab, she was looking for an educated and family oriented man, knowing that most black men don't really take care of their kids, she knew she wouldn't probably be with a black man but is that self hate or being honest? Most people don't wanna waste their time and look for an exception. It was easier for her to find a non black man actually. She was about to marry an Italian man but thanks Lord my grand parents didn't agree because he was not Muslim.*exhale* I wouldn't be born....

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#204 Oct 7, 2012
MelissaBrownx3 wrote:
My mom is Black my dad Arab, she was looking for an educated and family oriented man, knowing that most black men don't really take care of their kids, she knew she wouldn't probably be with a black man but is that self hate or being honest? Most people don't wanna waste their time and look for an exception. It was easier for her to find a non black man actually. She was about to marry an Italian man but thanks Lord my grand parents didn't agree because he was not Muslim.*exhale* I wouldn't be born....
I hear that some Black women just don't want to be with Black men and vice versa. I read alot of opinions on this on the African-American Forum. From the gist of things, the more educated/middle class African-Americans are, they have more of a tendancy to date outside their ethnicity compared to their working-class counterparts. Not sure if that is an accurate scope of things, but it seems that Blacks who go to college tend to mix more with people of various racial backgrounds, including Whites.

I'm glad that you have a healthy relationship with your mixed heritage.

Location hidden

#205 Oct 7, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> This offends you "just a little"? Really Aussi? Grouch comes here everyday disrespecting your sister, your mother, and your grandmother, and you can somehow remain civil with him?
I get some of what he is getting at, but getting too racial on every single detail of Asians just shows that he is a bigot who just hates everyone.

Grouch, I thought that you would've grown more as a person. Now I know that you will never stop hating people.

By the way, Grouch is West Virginian as he made a slip of a tongue here: http://www.topix.com/forum/asian-american/TIC...

Location hidden

#206 Oct 7, 2012
Typo: made a slip of *the* tongue here

“YOUPI”

Location hidden

#207 Oct 7, 2012
My mom has no issues with black men, but bm aren't usually family oriented. One of the biggest shame for a Muslim woman is to be a single mother.
Her choice wasn't based on physical appearance or level of education even though she eventually ended up marrying an engineer lol.
For my part, I've only dated light skinned Black and biracial/mixed men like me. They're the only men I'm attracted to.

Location hidden

#208 Oct 7, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> Well as long as these white guys truly want to be with these Asian women and can form intimate, loving relationships with them, then I see no problem with that. Maybe some white Australian girls have a "cold" personality.
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> Well as long as these white guys truly want to be with these Asian women and can form intimate, loving relationships with them, then I see no problem with that. Maybe some white Australian girls have a "cold" personality.
You are partly right about this, but many of these White guys don't 100% want to be with these Asian women. And yes, many White-Australian girls do have cold personalities as they tend to be hard to talk to, if they even let you have a conversation with them at all.
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> I know exactly what you are talking about, but these liberal arts girls will date anybody, regardless of race, ethnicity, and nationality... And gender;) But I love these types of girls. Cute, petite, quirky dress-code, especially those sexy hipster glasses.
Well the ones I'm talking about are intellectual, happy, and some with nice curvy figures in conjunction to the ones you have described.

Aussie women in general tend to think that they are all that. Guess this is generally the same in other Anglophone countries. Girls from Continental Europe tend to be friendlier and easier to have a conversation with. However there are a number of Polish girls that are snooty and stuck-up, trying to appear "rich" even though they aren't. I guess 'class' and 'status' is a big thing over there.

But in a nutshell, Australians in general need to wake up and start becoming Asia-literate as Asia's economic influence on Australia will continue to grow. Ultimately, White-Australian culture will become increasingly Asian-influenced even if White Aussies still won't like Asians, as more will continue to migrate here and strengthening their cultural influence.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#209 Oct 7, 2012
I think MOST of these white males want to be with there Asian girlfriends/wives. Honestly Aussie, I really don't think you like these couples, and you choose to believe only the negative stereotypes about them. Old, outdated stereotypes. I'm not even sure your liking of white women is genuine, but more or less a way of getting back at AW/WM couples. If you are open-minded, wouldn't you be interested in the Mediterranean and Desi girls you have told me about, as well as the women who share your racial background.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#210 Oct 7, 2012
^^THEIR Asian wives/girlfriends^^

Location hidden

#211 Oct 7, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
I think MOST of these white males want to be with there Asian girlfriends/wives. Honestly Aussie, I really don't think you like these couples, and you choose to believe only the negative stereotypes about them. Old, outdated stereotypes. I'm not even sure your liking of white women is genuine, but more or less a way of getting back at AW/WM couples. If you are open-minded, wouldn't you be interested in the Mediterranean and Desi girls you have told me about, as well as the women who share your racial background.
I have dated a Desi girl but it didn't work out due to her being a Sikh and I am a Catholic (non-devout). In regards to Filipina girls, there are nice ones but they tend to be very religious and boring. The rest are just a bunch of pokpoks (sluts) who would sleep with men for financial gain.

I'm dating a Czech-Australian girl and things have been good so far. Her family are accepting to Asian guys like me, especially that I come from a Christian background which makes things easier.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#212 Oct 7, 2012
AussiPino wrote:
<quoted text>
I have dated a Desi girl but it didn't work out due to her being a Sikh and I am a Catholic (non-devout). In regards to Filipina girls, there are nice ones but they tend to be very religious and boring. The rest are just a bunch of pokpoks (sluts) who would sleep with men for financial gain.
I'm dating a Czech-Australian girl and things have been good so far. Her family are accepting to Asian guys like me, especially that I come from a Christian background which makes things easier.
Please read the first 3 sentences in the previous comment.

“YOUPI”

Location hidden

#213 Oct 7, 2012
LOL white men really really loooooooooove Asian women. Some even more than their own white women
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#214 Oct 7, 2012
MelissaBrownx3 wrote:
My mom has no issues with black men, but bm aren't usually family oriented. One of the biggest shame for a Muslim woman is to be a single mother.
Her choice wasn't based on physical appearance or level of education even though she eventually ended up marrying an engineer lol.
For my part, I've only dated light skinned Black and biracial/mixed men like me. They're the only men I'm attracted to.
Hello gorgeous! Do you think a guy of mixed Native/African/European-Americ an decent like me would have a chance with a beautiful woman such as yourself? LOL I'm just kidding about that part, but you are very beautiful. You don't have to respond.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#215 Oct 7, 2012
MelissaBrownx3 wrote:
LOL white men really really loooooooooove Asian women. Some even more than their own white women
That is true, but out of all honesty, all I love all women, regardless of race.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#216 Oct 7, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> That is true, but out of all honesty, all I love all women, regardless of race.
Exactly. Why limit yourself?
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#217 Oct 7, 2012
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Why limit yourself?
If you are only going to limit to one or two races, then you are better off sticking to your own race. Not that there is anything wrong with sticking with your own race.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#218 Oct 7, 2012
I think a lot of threads made by Asian men and black women expressing their love for whites may be made out of both insecurity and self-hatred, though. Just a thought.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#219 Oct 7, 2012
MelissaBrownx3 wrote:
Watch what you say Melissa. You may offend AussiPino.

“YOUPI”

Location hidden

#220 Oct 7, 2012
Why???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 11 Must-Try Lobster Rolls in the U.S. 3 hr Walter Glen stock... 1
News Clinic helps obese pregnant women lose weight (Apr '09) 5 hr bratbroxto2 3
News Central Alabama VA has shortage of psychiatric ... 12 hr HumanSpirit 1
My sister's relationship with me and my girlfri... 16 hr KJman3232 1
News Are food stamps welfare? - Jeb talks ag policy ... 17 hr Storm in a Teacup 1
News McDonald's now has burgers with lettuce 'buns' 18 hr Parden Pard 3
News Pearl Cafe: Asian Cuisine That Continually Cran... 20 hr Poo Tacos 3
More from around the web