The Fresh Market to Open Charlottesvi...

The Fresh Market to Open Charlottesville Location

There are 16 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 19, 2013, titled The Fresh Market to Open Charlottesville Location. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Charlottesville, VA, The Fresh Market, Inc. will expand its presence next month with a new store in Charlottesville, marking the company's ninth store in the state of Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Glad something is going into that shopping center. Good luck to The Fresh Market. Hopefully it will help draw others there. I hate to see so much new construction when there are so many empty stores.
Traffic Alert

Columbia, MD

#2 Jan 22, 2013
Disillusioned wrote:
Glad something is going into that shopping center. Good luck to The Fresh Market. Hopefully it will help draw others there. I hate to see so much new construction when there are so many empty stores.
Dis- how do you figure that is new construction? They remodeled the old Circuit City store, which has been empty for quite a long time.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Traffic Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Dis- how do you figure that is new construction? They remodeled the old Circuit City store, which has been empty for quite a long time.
now that you have sobered up, please re-read his post
Dude

Winchester, VA

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Hopefully it'll attract less pretentious d-bags that go to whole foods and trader joe's. And for the majority of you that go to these places, you don't have to be miserable inconsiderate rude pretentious negative snobs. DIAF. For those few that also patronize those stores that actually show a decorum of class, are polite, have respect for others, and have a generally positive attitudes, please disregard.
Right

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Dude wrote:
Hopefully it'll attract less pretentious d-bags that go to whole foods and trader joe's. And for the majority of you that go to these places, you don't have to be miserable inconsiderate rude pretentious negative snobs. DIAF. For those few that also patronize those stores that actually show a decorum of class, are polite, have respect for others, and have a generally positive attitudes, please disregard.
You can avoid all this....shop at Food Lion on 5th!
Dude

Winchester, VA

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You can avoid all this....shop at Food Lion on 5th!
The problem with food lion is that it sucks in terms of service, produce, meat, fish, selection (non-GMOs, organics, and rSBT dairy) and store cleanliness. I don't mind paying 10-20% more for quality. But just because I can, doesn't mean I have be a jerk to those around me, and in fact, go out of my way to be especially courteous and pleasant.
Right

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 23, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with food lion is that it sucks in terms of service, produce, meat, fish, selection (non-GMOs, organics, and rSBT dairy) and store cleanliness. I don't mind paying 10-20% more for quality. But just because I can, doesn't mean I have be a jerk to those around me, and in fact, go out of my way to be especially courteous and pleasant.
That's nice, I'm sure it gets their attention.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 23, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with food lion is that it sucks in terms of service, produce, meat, fish, selection (non-GMOs, organics, and rSBT dairy) and store cleanliness. I don't mind paying 10-20% more for quality. But just because I can, doesn't mean I have be a jerk to those around me, and in fact, go out of my way to be especially courteous and pleasant.
C'mon it's not that dirty. I don't eat meat, or buy fish there, but their lettuce is a pretty good deal and looks just as good as WF. Their store brand OJ (non-concentrate) is relatively cheap.
"Organic" is not always what it's cracked up to be. That said, I'm addicted to WF's 12 grain bread. Raisin pecan is good too (but over $6/loaf)
Real World

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 23, 2013
This is great, if they really do bring in local producers! They mention their own coffee a bit, hopefully Trager Brothers will get their coffee in their stores! That'd save me some mileage and time!
Dude

Winchester, VA

#10 Jan 23, 2013
Right wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice, I'm sure it gets their attention.
I have to admit, sometimes it's hard not to be condescendingly polite to d-bags.
Dude

Winchester, VA

#11 Jan 23, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon it's not that dirty. I don't eat meat, or buy fish there, but their lettuce is a pretty good deal and looks just as good as WF. Their store brand OJ (non-concentrate) is relatively cheap.
"Organic" is not always what it's cracked up to be. That said, I'm addicted to WF's 12 grain bread. Raisin pecan is good too (but over $6/loaf)
I didn't call WF's dirty, I called Food Lion(s) dirty. I selectively shop, for the top combination of service and quality, I like Harris Teeter. You can't beat the cheese selection at WF's and the house wine at TJ's is not bad, and great at $4/btl. I like that TJ's is non-rBST dairy. If you like Rosemary, you ought to try their olive oil rosemary bread, HT's is pretty good, too. If I have one carb weakness, it's that. Though, you can tell they add a lot of gluten to it. We've tried with some of the lighter northern hard wheats, but it's difficult to duplicate without adding gluten.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't call WF's dirty, I called Food Lion(s) dirty. I selectively shop, for the top combination of service and quality, I like Harris Teeter. You can't beat the cheese selection at WF's and the house wine at TJ's is not bad, and great at $4/btl. I like that TJ's is non-rBST dairy. If you like Rosemary, you ought to try their olive oil rosemary bread, HT's is pretty good, too. If I have one carb weakness, it's that. Though, you can tell they add a lot of gluten to it. We've tried with some of the lighter northern hard wheats, but it's difficult to duplicate without adding gluten.
I know. I was talking about FL not being that dirty. WF is fine except for the occasional fly around the salad bar. Pulled pork from there is good. The Rosemary bread is great. I can't come remotely close to approaching their 12 grain bread. I've tried no-knead, different flours, etc.
Jayne

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Your newscast on the opening fails to inform the public "where" in "Albemarle County" the store is located. Thank you
h2oh

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Dude wrote:
You sound bitter ...did they throw your teabag arse out the door?
Pinky

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Feb 5, 2013
I am chauffeured to high end dining locations and don't frequent places where the masses shop.
Self check out? Shopping carts? How demeaning.
Diane Piglet

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Mar 4, 2013
Does fresh market provide a catering service?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton aims to reframe 2016 debate 3 hr The WINNAH 1
News Are black visitors really welcome in the Adiron... 3 hr Ontharun 7
News Jacobs & Brichford Introduces Two New Cheeses a... 5 hr Al Bion 8
News Where to Go for Seafood in Washington, D.C. 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News The Wall Street Journal: America's newest commu... 10 hr indict robert mercer 3
News Office workers turn urban gardeners on Paris lu... 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Banff billboard promotes conspiracy theory abou... 11 hr Harpo and Associates 1
More from around the web