Barilla Pasta Opens Restaurant in Mega-Gay Midtown Manhattan

Mar 14, 2014 Full story: EDGE 15

After inciting rage and boycotts across the globe for last fall's anti-gay comments, Barilla, the world's largest pasta producer, has now opened the doors to an Italian restaurant in mega-gay midtown Manhattan, home to Broadway and nearby gayborhood Hell's Kitchen.

Full Story
Conrad

Stamford, CT

#1 Mar 14, 2014
Mega-gay midtown Manhattan? They make it sound like the gays control midtown Manhattan and any restaurant that doesn't kiss gay ass can't survive there.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Mar 14, 2014
Even a troll is right once in a while.
Ariana Grande

Frederick, MD

#6 Mar 14, 2014
I hate gays,love pasta.pasta yes,gays,basta !!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Mar 15, 2014
Ariana Grande wrote:
This is GOOD news!
If GAYS can cure Barilla of homophobia
GAYS can cure YOU of homophobia too
Its just a matter of time

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Mar 15, 2014
This is very bad.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#10 Mar 15, 2014
I hate to sound like advertising, but if you don't want to buy Barilla another good Italian import brand is Agnesi (they have it here in Toronto, not sure about the States). It makes very good dry pasta that holds its shape well when cooked.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#11 Mar 15, 2014
I'm not sure what the follow-through has been. But Barilla was appropriately chastened by the coverage they originally received:
NY Daily News wrote:
Chairman Barilla, the 55-year-old great grandson of the company's founder, has since held at least eight meetings with gay organizations and activists both in Italy and in the United States, a market where it is counting on for growth outside its crisis-hit home market... The pasta maker plans to introduce an advisory board that includes American gay activist David Mixner to improve "diversity and equality in the company's workforce and culture", according to a statement posted on its website.
Luca Virginio wrote:
The meetings have helped open our eyes and ears to the evolution taking place in the world outside Parma. We are already working on new advertising concept that will be much more open and much more inclusive
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/ba...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#14 Mar 16, 2014
Ariana Grande wrote:
Good, stuff down as much starchy pasta as you can get your fat blubbery hands upon and bring on that stroke or heart attack that much faster. I hope they can find a piano box to bury your fat ass in, however.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#15 Mar 16, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
I hate to sound like advertising, but if you don't want to buy Barilla another good Italian import brand is Agnesi (they have it here in Toronto, not sure about the States). It makes very good dry pasta that holds its shape well when cooked.
Oh, lord. Pasta is pasta. I usually find Kroger's brand at our local Ralphs Mkt. It's always on sale and is just as good as any other brand. I used to use Barilla for they frequently had sales on it too, they still do, but I could not tell the slightest bit of difference from Kroger brand.

If I want something more upscale, I go to Trader Joe's for their own house brand of pastas.

It's all flour and water when it is over and done with. I used to have a pasta maker, but it was too hard to clean, so gave it to a thrift store.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16 Mar 16, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, lord. Pasta is pasta. I usually find Kroger's brand at our local Ralphs Mkt. It's always on sale and is just as good as any other brand. I used to use Barilla for they frequently had sales on it too, they still do, but I could not tell the slightest bit of difference from Kroger brand.
If I want something more upscale, I go to Trader Joe's for their own house brand of pastas.
It's all flour and water when it is over and done with. I used to have a pasta maker, but it was too hard to clean, so gave it to a thrift store.
TJ's uses too much salt in it's dough. It why it cooks so fast.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#17 Mar 16, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, lord. Pasta is pasta..
Tell that to my Italian housemate and you'll get a mouthful of Calabrian curses.
Marco

Shawnee, OK

#18 Jun 22, 2014
What do you Americano's know about Pasta only the Italian people we know what pasta is good and the ones that are no good American people know hot dog and hamburger if they serve you shit on a stick you americans will say it's good and eat it Italian people we do not eat shit we eat good food not frozen TV dinners!!!!!!! Viva Italia!!!!!
Christsharians

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jun 22, 2014
Marco wrote:
What do you Americano's know about Pasta only the Italian people we know what pasta is good and the ones that are no good American people know hot dog and hamburger if they serve you shit on a stick you americans will say it's good and eat it Italian people we do not eat shit we eat good food not frozen TV dinners!!!!!!! Viva Italia!!!!!
I'd agree, but no one who knows culture or cuisine would tolerate living in Oklahoma for more than two months, so I think your post is a little fishy.
Christsharians

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jun 22, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to my Italian housemate and you'll get a mouthful of Calabrian curses.
What's the difference between spaghetti and pasta?

About $5 a pound.
Marco

Shawnee, OK

#24 Sep 13, 2014
Christsharians wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree, but no one who knows culture or cuisine would tolerate living in Oklahoma for more than two months, so I think your post is a little fishy.
I live here because I make a lot of money selling land and building homes but I do not like it here too many stupid people and they food is garbage but I grow my own garden and I go to Dallas maybe few times a year and stock up on all my products and pasta that comes from Italy so I survive good because I know how to cook I could of been a chef in my younger years but I make more money in real estate and construction and I don't pay the taxes they pay on the east coast ridiculious no my friend they only think fishy is the stupid working man who lives on the east coast and pays high taxes and in the end is always broke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of Toledo red... 52 min They cannot kill ... 2
Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots 2 hr Switches 22
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 3 hr Who 1
Christmastime a big time for El Paso tamale makers 3 hr huey goins 1
Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... 4 hr Will Dockery 1
Solid Rock Church hosts concert for Grammy nomi... 4 hr Will Dockery 1
Abundant Living Faith Center Christmas Celebrat... 4 hr Clark Morales 10
More from around the web