PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot

May 31, 2012 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 10,818

The season premiere of Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" is June 4, and PETA has a bone to pick with Gordon Ramsay's screaming... sort of.

Full Story
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11015 Oct 15, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The small "e" is used to indicate that there is NOTHING ethical about PeTA.
Small "e" or Capital "E"...the MEANING is the same...

Definition of ethics
1 [usually treated as plural] moral principles that govern a person’s behavior or the conducting of an activity...

2 the branch of knowledge that deals with moral principles....

as in the "ethical" treatment of animals....
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11016 Oct 15, 2012
passin like gas wrote:
Since we know nothing about billions of animals being murdered, I will enjoy my ignorant bliss and eat another burger.
You got it, Bud...that was the same attitude of many people in Germany during WWII....they "didn't know Jews were being exterminated".....??? They were disappearing...but who knew?????

Ignorance really is bliss, but sometimes it's just "avoidance of facts"....to avoid responsibility for suffering.

Jews were dehumanized, and animals are relegated to "things" and you can continue eating hamburgers..Just don't think about it...
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11017 Oct 15, 2012
Liberty Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>etc..etc.. Don't let PETA or the more pet owner friendly ASPCA dictate anything to. etc..etc.. Am I right or am I right, that they both suck but PETA is just plain ridiculous. GOT IT or are you a puppet?!!!
In a PETA ad, world-renowned astrophysicist Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson suggests “kindness is a virtue,” and more people need to show compassion for the fellow inhabitants of our planet.

Dr. Tyson, who is the director of New York City's Hayden Planetarium, said in an interview with PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk, "Maybe humans aren't as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with the … feelings and thoughts of others -- be they humans or other animals on Earth.”

Dr. Tyson went on to explain the importance of compassion, and state that “part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were 'reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy.'" etc..

I don't know...but Dr. Tyson seems so much more reasonable than you....

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#11018 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Small "e" or Capital "E"...the MEANING is the same...
Definition of ethics
1 [usually treated as plural] moral principles that govern a person’s behavior or the conducting of an activity...
2 the branch of knowledge that deals with moral principles....
as in the "ethical" treatment of animals....
That blind spot of yours just keeps getting bigger and bigger. How ethical is the support (be it open or tacit) of violence and terrorism? How ethical is it to stereotype and lie? Don't be a sheeple all of your life.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#11019 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it, Bud...that was the same attitude of many people in Germany during WWII....they "didn't know Jews were being exterminated".....??? They were disappearing...but who knew?????
Ignorance really is bliss, but sometimes it's just "avoidance of facts"....to avoid responsibility for suffering.
Jews were dehumanized, and animals are relegated to "things" and you can continue eating hamburgers..Just don't think about it...
Comparing pigs and chickens to humans is not going to win PETA any converts. And PETA has already been sternly admonished for comparing chickens deaths to the Holocaust.

I kill a fair amount of my own food so I know exactly what is going on... I'm procuring and processing my food. We call it the circle of life.

Boggy Creek

#11020 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention Nazis, the AR movement seeks to “humanize” everything and is willing to do violence against those who disagree because they "dehumanize" meat eaters and non-vegans. Does that make you backdoor Nazis? You're a bunch of walking oxymorons. Or maybe just plain, ordinary, run of the mill morons.

BTW, FYI, Jews are not animals, they are human beings, big difference. Your attempt to compare Jews to animals is not only ludicrous, it's offensive. Can you say non sequitur?
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11021 Oct 15, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should mention Nazis, the AR movement seeks to “humanize” everything and is willing to do violence against those who disagree because they "dehumanize" meat eaters and non-vegans. Does that make you backdoor Nazis? You're a bunch of walking oxymorons. Or maybe just plain, ordinary, run of the mill morons.
BTW, FYI, Jews are not animals, they are human beings, big difference. Your attempt to compare Jews to animals is not only ludicrous, it's offensive. Can you say non sequitur?
You missed it again, Bud....

The subject was: "Ignorance is bliss, but sometimes it's just "avoidance of facts"....to avoid responsibility for suffering."

BTW, it was Issac Bashevis Singer (Jewish) who coined the phrase in regard to factory farms:
"Holocaust On Your Plate"....

And being it's still a free country...I agree with Dr. Tyson's description of how careless we are with other life forms on our planet....

You try to act all "holier than thou" but it ain't "woikin"!
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11024 Oct 15, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should mention Nazis, the AR movement seeks to “humanize” everything and is willing to do violence against those who disagree because they "dehumanize" meat eaters and non-vegans. Does that make you backdoor Nazis? You're a bunch of walking oxymorons. Or maybe just plain, ordinary, run of the mill morons.
Humans ARE animals, you pathetic, witless PoS. YOU are offensive as well as a complete insecure spineless m o r o n who fears ANIMAL RIGHTS.

Let me add: impotent, insecure, self humiliating squatty is spending another entire day and night slobbering over his filthy keyboard obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS and proving what a self humiliating COWARD he is. You also are still proving that you are an insecure, spineless COWARD who fears ARAs. The fact that you aren't even a mere shell of a man because you lack DIGNITY, PRIDE, INTELLIGENCE, a sack and a spine is only magnified every time you throw one of your uncontrollable pansyass hissy fits. Face it squat, not only are you a COWARD and you prove it EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT, but you clearly suffer from mentall illness like all of t he insane corpse eating trolls who infest the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7 because you loser trolls fear ARAs.Insecure squatty will be obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS and all things VEGAN because insecure squatty fears ARAs. yep, the spineless COWARD shore is! For someone who thinks that VEGANS are such a tiny percentage, you sure spend a LOT of time having uncontrollable hissy fits over them! LOL, face it, squatty, you are. COWARD and you prove it EVERY DAY all day and all night. No sane, CONFIDENT MAN, would EVER act like you and the other spineless COWARDS here do. You do nothing BUT prove what a frightened insecure COWARD you are. You fear the ' big bad VEGANS and you prove with every flailing hissy fit! How many more time do you want to be old you are a COWARD? A real MAN would not even waste their time obsessing over a topic they know NOTHING about. A real MAN, has a spine, dignity, pride, intelligence and CONFIDENCE in what he believes. A real MAN doesn't flail about and throw uncontrollable hissy fits day in and day out on a frickin public forum or anywhere else for that matter.
Only a spineless, sackless, self humiliating COWARD would act like you worthless PoS trolls do and that is a FACT that you will prove over and over and over!!!
Only an insecure, spineless COWARD who lacks DIGNITY, PRIDE, INTELLIGENCE, a spine and a sack would continue to humiliate himself daily like you pathetic slobs do!
You are a spineless COWARD and you will prove this FACT again and again and again...matter of fact you will prove it in 10..9..8..7..6.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11025 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I don't know why he thinks you're a PETA member, because PETA members don't usually spell it as PeTA..(small "e").
The witless trolls think that anyone who speaks out against animal cruelty is a PeTA member. Idiots scream "PeTA" and bash them because they have nothing sane, logical or intelligent to refute with.
btw, if you look at PeTA ads, they use a lower case 'e' in their logo. It was simply a way to stand out. Next time you see a PeTA ad, look closely at the logo.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11026 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was: "Ignorance is bliss, but sometimes it's just "avoidance of facts"....to avoid responsibility for suffering."
BTW, it was Issac Bashevis Singer (Jewish) who coined the phrase in regard to factory farms:
And being it's still a free country...I agree with Dr. Tyson's description of how careless we are with other life forms on our planet....
As you've noticed the trolls just keep regurgitating the same ignorant garbage over and over day in and day out.

The definition of holocaust: "Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale.
Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life"

Thanks for the reminder that Issac Bashevis Singer coined the phrase "Holocaust on your plate". He also stated in regards to animals: "In relation to them, all people are Nazis."
LUMPY is a BABOON

San Angelo, TX

#11027 Oct 15, 2012
hunters are COWARDS - LUMPY wrote:
<quoted text>Humans ARE animals
But other animals are not human - big difference but as a baboon you could not know that.
hunters are COWARDS - LUMPY wrote:
<quoted text>Let me add: I'm impotent, insecure, self humiliating and I soil myelf day and night while slobbering over my filthy keyboard, obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS that DON'T EVEN EXIST and proving what a self humiliating COWARD I am.
This has never been in dispute.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11028 Oct 15, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>The witless trolls think that anyone who speaks out against animal cruelty is a PeTA member. Idiots scream "PeTA" and bash them because they have nothing sane, logical or intelligent to refute with.
btw, if you look at PeTA ads, they use a lower case 'e' in their logo. It was simply a way to stand out. Next time you see a PeTA ad, look closely at the logo.
Yes, PETA is like the "iconic symbol" of AR groups.
Penn & Teller have a few "Bull S#!T" videos on You Tube...and even though a more radical group clearly announces their name, Penn & Teller insist on calling them "PETA" and unless you give a damn, no one notices....I always liked Penn and Teller, now I don't know if I can trust them....They do a bit on the Catholic church too...

There are a few really radical groups, but PETA is always mentioned...I'm blaming it on Center for Consumer Freedom....they've been around a long time.

Boggy Creek

#11029 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss anything. I simply commented on how blissfully ignorant you are about PeTA. You point out that the CCF is an agenda driven propaganda mill and ignore the fact that PeTA is the exact same thing. That, my friend, is IGNORANCE and you seem to be happy with it so.........blissful ignorance. Or, as it was called in reference to Nazi Germany "willful blindness".

BTW, nobody cares about Isaac Bashevis Singer and his phrase coining.........ask the other gazillion Jews out there how they feel about being equated to chickens. People are people and animals are animals. Any comparison of the two is completely non sequitur.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11030 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>The witless trolls think that anyone who speaks out against animal cruelty is a PeTA member. Idiots scream "PeTA" and bash them because they have nothing sane, logical or intelligent to refute with.
Yes, I know how they write their logo, but PETA uses all caps in correspondence.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11031 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know how they write their logo, but PETA uses all caps in correspondence.
Ah....now I understand what you meant!:)

Boggy Creek

#11032 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>Humans ARE animals, you pathetic, witless PoS. YOU are offensive as well as a complete insecure spineless m o r o n who fears ANIMAL RIGHTS.
Let me add: impotent, insecure, self humiliating squatty is spending another entire day and night slobbering over his filthy keyboard obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS and proving what a self humiliating COWARD he is. You also are still proving that you are an insecure, spineless COWARD who fears ARAs. The fact that you aren't even a mere shell of a man because you lack DIGNITY, PRIDE, INTELLIGENCE, a sack and a spine is only magnified every time you throw one of your uncontrollable pansyass hissy fits. Face it squat, not only are you a COWARD and you prove it EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT, but you clearly suffer from mentall illness like all of t he insane corpse eating trolls who infest the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7 because you loser trolls fear ARAs.Insecure squatty will be obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS and all things VEGAN because insecure squatty fears ARAs. yep, the spineless COWARD shore is! For someone who thinks that VEGANS are such a tiny percentage, you sure spend a LOT of time having uncontrollable hissy fits over them! LOL, face it, squatty, you are. COWARD and you prove it EVERY DAY all day and all night. No sane, CONFIDENT MAN, would EVER act like you and the other spineless COWARDS here do. You do nothing BUT prove what a frightened insecure COWARD you are. You fear the ' big bad VEGANS and you prove with every flailing hissy fit! How many more time do you want to be old you are a COWARD? A real MAN would not even waste their time obsessing over a topic they know NOTHING about. A real MAN, has a spine, dignity, pride, intelligence and CONFIDENCE in what he believes. A real MAN doesn't flail about and throw uncontrollable hissy fits day in and day out on a frickin public forum or anywhere else for that matter.
Only a spineless, sackless, self humiliating COWARD would act like you worthless PoS trolls do and that is a FACT that you will prove over and over and over!!!
Only an insecure, spineless COWARD who lacks DIGNITY, PRIDE, INTELLIGENCE, a spine and a sack would continue to humiliate himself daily like you pathetic slobs do!
You are a spineless COWARD and you will prove this FACT again and again and again...matter of fact you will prove it in 10..9..8..7..6.
So, humans are animals. That's a strange argument coming from someone who wishes to completely isolate humans from the animal kingdom. If humans are animals, why then is it wrong (in your opinion) for humans to hunt and eat meat but its okay for other animals to do so? Our closest relatives in the animal kingdom, the chimpanzees, fashion hunting weapons, hunt, kill, and eat other animals. Should we ban their hunting too? You AR freaks sure do love an oxymoron, don't ya? Now be sure to cut and paste your same ridiculously stupid reply, we all know you will because you obviously can't deal with facts and reality. Have fun storming the castle..........
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11033 Oct 15, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't miss anything. I simply commented on how blissfully ignorant you are about PeTA. You point out that the CCF is an agenda driven propaganda mill and ignore the fact that PeTA is the exact same thing. That, my friend, is IGNORANCE and you seem to be happy with it so.........blissful ignorance. Or, as it was called in reference to Nazi Germany "willful blindness".
BTW, nobody cares about Isaac Bashevis Singer and his phrase coining.........ask the other gazillion Jews out there how they feel about being equated to chickens. People are people and animals are animals. Any comparison of the two is completely non sequitur.
WRONG. You've missed EVERYTHING on the entire ANIMAL RIGHTS forum that you obsess over day in and day out.
People with COMPASSION care about Isaac Singer's sentiments. People with empathy equate ALL SENTIENT BEINGS as being important and they ALL matter....except for despicable psychopaths who derive sick pleasure in maiming, mutilating and MURDERING other beings. YOU are not only ignorant, but you are a spineless, insecure, sackless COWARD and you prove it daily...matter of fact, you will prove it again in 10..9..8..7..6...

Boggy Creek

#11034 Oct 15, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, if thinking for myself instead of letting some bullshit organization set my agenda for me makes me "holier than thou" then so be it! I thought it just made me a free thinker.
LUMPY is a BABOON

San Angelo, TX

#11035 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>Ah....now I understand what you meant!:)
Ah... duh... dum de dum...

Your shrinking brain needs animal protein in the worst way.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11036 Oct 15, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Jews got real upset with Singer's phrase.
Jews believe they are special because of their connection to the Bible...

Mammals, the group of vertebrates (animals with backbones) to which human beings belong. Mammals are distinguished from all other animals by their mammary glands, glands that produce milk to feed the young. Mammals are also unique in having hair, although it may be scant. They are warm-blooded and air-breathing, and all but the whales and sirenians, or sea cows, have four limbs.

Just because we are developed in a way to get us through life, so other animals developed in a way to get them through life...A dog can have the power of scent up to 5,000 times that of a human...
Many animals have special "talents" humans can only dream of....A cat can see in the dark, wouldn't pilots and soldiers love that...but they can't do it...I know humans don't like to be thought of as animals, but somewhere along the line, Darwin and other scientists have been proving otherwise..

Only the Bible tells you have a soul..and you can live forever in heaven...And that's just another belief system....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Scotland Votes "Yes," Is Northern Ireland Next? 2 hr James 1
Lake County to collect veterans' stories 7 hr Viet Nam Vet 1
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 10 hr Facefaceface 8,272
Obama's ISIS Plan Divides Iraq War Veterans In ... 13 hr Jeff Brightone 2
Eating well on the road 13 hr on the road 2
U.S. to press India on trade row during Modi's ... 15 hr Humhainna 1
Ay Chiwowa's new menu from Chef Kevin Hickey 22 hr Anonymous 1
•••

Life People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE