PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With...

PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot

There are 10805 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from May 31, 2012, titled PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

The season premiere of Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" is June 4, and PETA has a bone to pick with Gordon Ramsay's screaming... sort of.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

Spokaloonian

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Since: Jul 12

for a hamburger today.

#6406 Aug 21, 2012
Such stupid corpse eaters wrote:
In 2008, the Humane Society of the United States captured employees of a California meatpacking plant in Chino...
It wasn't 4 years ago moron.
You are aware it is now 2012 aren't you?

“I reckon it is what it is”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#6407 Aug 21, 2012
Spokaloonian wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are aware it is now 2012 aren't you?
the lil fruiticake ain't none too bright. reckon 2 r 3 more shockins would prolly help.

Location hidden

#6413 Aug 21, 2012
ya know. I ain't never heard none of yall bellyachen bout folks pinchin worms in halve to make the bait lasts further.
I reckon them there worms are just sol.

Spokaloonian

for a hamburger today.

#6416 Aug 21, 2012
You AREN'T aware that the article was written HOURS ago and the very first line states: "The U.S. Department of Agriculture shut down a slaughterhouse in California's central agricultural heartland because of a graphic video showing cows being mistreated during the slaughtering process, officials and activists said on TUESDAY."
the article was written HOURS ago
officials and activists said on TUESDAY
let alone decipher that one or two month ago was RECENT:
An undercover activist shot the video at the farm in JUNE and JULY
In 2008, the Humane Society.....
Do YOU even know when it happened??? These are all dates that YOU have posted.

Location hidden

#6417 Aug 21, 2012
reckon its a good thing most a them crazy types dont eat no meat or it'd really be bad. youd be right on thisin fruiticakes. yall crazys dont need be eatin meat or havin yunguns.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6418 Aug 21, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't the Animal Rights Forum. This is the Offbeat Forum. The original post in the thread says it is about making PETA understand that some of us use animals for food.
I enjoy the way animals taste. I don't think that they have a soul or any rights. If I think that an animal might be tasty then I kill it, I cook it and I eat it.
Animals are delicious!
If you were a real man, you'd eat its warm,raw heart while it was still quivering, barely dead.

J/K:-)

Location hidden

#6420 Aug 21, 2012
I just picked up a savory pollo asado taco from Filiberto's Take-Out. So delish with pico de gallo, fresh jalapeños, avocado, and sliced cucumber. Yummmm!

Location hidden

#6422 Aug 21, 2012
such stupid corpse eaters wrote:
USDA closes California slaughterhouse over cow cruelty video
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture shut down a slaughterhouse in California's central agricultural heartland because of a graphic video showing cows being mistreated during the slaughtering process, officials and activists said on Tuesday.
The agency's Food Safety and Inspection Service said in a statement that it was conducting an investigation and that inhumane treatment of animals was unacceptable.
"Upon confirming several humane handling violations,(the Food Safety and Inspection Service) suspended operations at the facility and is prepared to take further action as warranted by the investigation," the statement said.
The plant was shut down on Sunday, the USDA said, and several teams of investigators were sent to California.
Video of the facility posted online by activist group Compassion Over Killing, shows cows at the Central Valley Meat Company flailing wildly as they are dragged by one leg on a conveyor belt on their way to be slaughtered.
Video shows other lame, sick former dairy cows being shot in the head multiple times and struggling before they die. In one portion of the video, a worker stands on a cow's nostrils to kill it after the cow is shot in the head.
The video also shows cows that appear to have difficulty standing being electrically prodded to walk on their way to slaughter. The USDA does not allow cows that cannot stand on their own to enter the food supply.
The USDA said in a statement after activists posted the video online that footage provided to them did not show a "downer" cow entering the food supply, but added they would investigate food safety as well as humane treatment issues.
The farm, based 30 miles south of Fresno in rural Hanford, supplies meat to the National School Lunch Program, according to the activist group.
California-based fast-food chain In-N-Out Burger immediately suspended its relationship with the farm after hearing of the investigation, the company's chief operating officer, Mark Taylor, said in a statement.
"Central Valley Meat was one of several companies that supplied the beef chucks we use to make our hamburger patties," he said. "As soon as we became aware of the allegations regarding Central Valley Meat Company and their handling of cattle, we immediately severed our supplier relationship with them."
Central Valley Meat Company said in a statement emailed to Reuters that it was "extremely disturbed" to find it was suspended because of a third-party video, but noted it would cooperate fully with the USDA investigation.
"We take these allegations seriously and we are committed to correcting any problems identified on the video as quickly as we can," the company said, adding that it had retained an outside animal welfare expert to conduct an internal investigation.
An undercover activist shot the video at the farm in June and July, the animal rights group said.
In 2008, the Humane Society of the United States captured employees of a California meatpacking plant in Chino torturing cattle and processing the unfit animals for human consumption in a gruesome undercover videotape.
That video's release led to the record recall of nearly 143 million pounds (65 million kg) of meat by the Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Company.
http://news.yahoo.com/usda-closes-california-...
That's why it's best to eat free-range, farm-raised meat or wild game and wild caught fish.

Location hidden

#6424 Aug 21, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
I just picked up a savory pollo asado taco from Filiberto's Take-Out. So delish with pico de gallo, fresh jalapeños, avocado, and sliced cucumber. Yummmm!
hey. we might be livin close to each other. we gotta feller goes by that name pumped out our septic tank. small world. kinda strange name. reckon he is foriegn.

Spokaloonian

for a hamburger today.

#6426 Aug 21, 2012
such stupid corpse eaters wrote:
Try reading the article
It is more of a challenge to decipher your ramblings.

I would never click on a link you provide.

I am afraid it might lead to a picture of you and your goat in some revealing manner. Just the thought makes me shudder!

I do not research what you suggest as I have no interest in anything, or anyone, trying to get me to stop eating meat.

You seem to enjoy hearing about all the meat we consume though, you never miss a day of reading and commenting on our posts and recipes we share.

carry on little troll.....

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#6427 Aug 21, 2012
this forum will never be an end to what you perceive as evil...you are simply too off the wall and, well, insane.

IF you had a message that needed to be heard, it would be missed due to your obvious anger and mental health issues.

(glad this amuses you, as it serves no real purpose)

It amuses me at times, at others I feel a sense of pity and sadness.

In order to deal with these feelings, I believe a nice BLT will serve nicely.
good evening.

Location hidden

#6430 Aug 21, 2012
Lil Abner wrote:
<quoted text>hey. we might be livin close to each other. we gotta feller goes by that name pumped out our septic tank. small world. kinda strange name. reckon he is foriegn.
Damn, I hope he washed his hands before he made my food.
such stupid corpse eaters

Virginia Beach, VA

#6431 Aug 21, 2012
trolls are slacking with the decorations! Better hop on it...chop chop!!
such stupid corpse eaters

Virginia Beach, VA

#6432 Aug 21, 2012
oh, and trolls, your homework assignment for the morning will be to start infesting this thread with your usual witless, asinine trash....and be sure to announce whatever corpses you ate for breakfast, and most importantly: DECORATE posts, I want every post to have lots of pretty decorations on them. Got that? I expect full cooperation from all of you trifling no life trolls!lol, I know you'll obey!
John

Brisbane, Australia

#6433 Aug 22, 2012
Stupid Vegans (Part 1)

By Dr. Melissa Clouthier

There are no other kind.
My husband groaned when I pointed out a couple weeks ago, the couple who starved their baby to death by refusing to give the baby protein. Stupid. And then there's the family who starved their toddler a few years back. My husband, the chiropractic physician, knew that the news was blog-worthy and I would, eventually, blog about it. "Please don't say vegans are stupid. Can you at least put it a nice way?" he urged. Well no, I can't. Actually, I had forgotten about the stupid vegan thing, but Glenn Reynold's post reminded me. He says he had a girlfriend who came down with Kwashiorkor from her vegan diet. Amusing and unsurprising.
One of my first patients in clinic was a stupid vegan. When I pointed out her leather shoes, she shrugged. The next week, she had on some plastic shoes. I told her that there was no way to stay healthy long-term by being vegan. She was a college student, a nice girl, but she was making herself increasingly sick with severe B vitamin deficiencies typical of long-term vegans and vegetarians. Her B vitamin deficiency was already contributing to an anemia that made her very sick when she menstruated. Eventually, she'd be that sick all the time.
"Have you seen one healthy vegan in your years of practice?" I asked my husband rhetorically. He knew the answer. We had treated one healthy vegetarian. She was very meticulous about her food pairings to get proteins. And she was healthy. One lady in ten years of practice.
Because we are in the "alternative health" field, we see more "alternative" lifestyles than the average health care practitioner. We see a lot of vegetarians and vegans. To a person, they are all marginally healthy. The vegans are sickly. Their bodies lack definition. Their demeanors lack vitality. Their skin is dull.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#6434 Aug 22, 2012
Stupid Vegans (Part 2)

By Dr. Melissa Clouthier

It serves no purpose to pretend that veganism is a healthy lifestyle choice. It's not. Eventually, the stores of vitamin B12 in their livers will be depleted and they'll descend into madness. More madness. I'm only slightly exaggerating. In addition to the B12 problem, they'll have problems with folate, too.(Another B vitamin.) It is important to supplement with both, when supplementing with one. A pregnant or nursing woman should never adhere to a vegan diet.
When a patient says she is a vegan, I ask if it's for health or philosophical reasons. If it's health, we go through the science and end the nonsense. If it's philosophical, I don't even bother. I recommend the supplementation, ask the patient to look at the research, and hope for the best.
A friend of a friend came to a birthday party with her waifish two year old. She was a hostile little girl who was clearly malnourished.(I'd be irritable, too, if I was hungry and lacking nutrients.) There was no convincing this woman to add protein to her child's diet. Her husband, an executive for Exxon, caused her no end of mortification. "What can I do? He works for an oil company," she explained when I commented that their lifestyle was owed to a big American business. Anyway, she was starving her children once weaned from breastfeeding.
Nina Planck writes about parents starving their children with veganism in her "Death by Veganism" op-ed in The New York Times:
Responsible vegan parents know that breast milk is ideal. It contains many necessary components, including cholesterol (which babies use to make nerve cells) and countless immune and growth factors. When breastfeeding isn’t possible, soy milk and fruit juice, even in seemingly sufficient quantities, are not safe substitutes for a quality infant formula.
Yet even a breast-fed baby is at risk. Studies show that vegan breast milk lacks enough docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, the omega-3 fat found in fatty fish. It is difficult to overstate the importance of DHA, vital as it is for eye and brain development.
A good diet is simple, really, and most people know the answer. Fresh fruits, lots of them, vegetables, and some meat. At least nine ounces of red meat a week, is a good goal to shoot for. Eggs, cheese, light on the sugar, moderate on the alcohol and good fats. Babies need breast milk. After that, they need a balanced diet including protein.
I don't know what to think of the life sentences for the parents who starved their baby. I'm assuming it was from ignorance. While I'm happy that the sentence gets them beyond their child-bearing years, I'm not sure they fall into the same category as cold-blooded murderers. But the mother said that she loved her son and, "I did not starve him." Well, she clearly starved him. At six weeks old, he died being only 3 and 1/2 pounds. And that's a crime.

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#6435 Aug 22, 2012
Who cares about the health benefits of either vegan or non-vegan diets? Life isn't solely about self denial. Animals taste good. They don't have rights or souls or anything metaphysical about them. I eat them because I like eating them.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6436 Aug 22, 2012
John wrote:
Stupid Vegans (Part 2)
By Dr. Melissa Clouthier
It serves no purpose to pretend that veganism is a healthy lifestyle choice. It's not. Eventually, the stores of vitamin B12 in their livers will be depleted and they'll descend into madness. More madness. I'm only slightly exaggerating. In addition to the B12 problem, they'll have problems with folate, too.(Another B vitamin.) It is important to supplement with both, when supplementing with one. A pregnant or nursing woman should never adhere to a vegan diet.
When a patient says she is a vegan, I ask if it's for health or philosophical reasons. If it's health, we go through the science and end the nonsense. If it's philosophical, I don't even bother. I recommend the supplementation, ask the patient to look at the research, and hope for the best.
A friend of a friend came to a birthday party with her waifish two year old. She was a hostile little girl who was clearly malnourished.(I'd be irritable, too, if I was hungry and lacking nutrients.) There was no convincing this woman to add protein to her child's diet. Her husband, an executive for Exxon, caused her no end of mortification. "What can I do? He works for an oil company," she explained when I commented that their lifestyle was owed to a big American business. Anyway, she was starving her children once weaned from breastfeeding.
Nina Planck writes about parents starving their children with veganism in her "Death by Veganism" op-ed in The New York Times:
Responsible vegan parents know that breast milk is ideal. It contains many necessary components, including cholesterol (which babies use to make nerve cells) and countless immune and growth factors. When breastfeeding isn’t possible, soy milk and fruit juice, even in seemingly sufficient quantities, are not safe substitutes for a quality infant formula.
Yet even a breast-fed baby is at risk. Studies show that vegan breast milk lacks enough docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, the omega-3 fat found in fatty fish. It is difficult to overstate the importance of DHA, vital as it is for eye and brain development.
A good diet is simple, really, and most people know the answer. Fresh fruits, lots of them, vegetables, and some meat. At least nine ounces of red meat a week, is a good goal to shoot for. Eggs, cheese, light on the sugar, moderate on the alcohol and good fats. Babies need breast milk. After that, they need a balanced diet including protein.
I don't know what to think of the life sentences for the parents who starved their baby. I'm assuming it was from ignorance. While I'm happy that the sentence gets them beyond their child-bearing years, I'm not sure they fall into the same category as cold-blooded murderers. But the mother said that she loved her son and, "I did not starve him." Well, she clearly starved him. At six weeks old, he died being only 3 and 1/2 pounds. And that's a crime.
Very interesting reading. I guess this is part of the explanation of why there has never been a successful vegan society in the history of mankind.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#6437 Aug 22, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting reading. I guess this is part of the explanation of why there has never been a successful vegan society in the history of mankind.
It also explains the lunacy of HAC.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#6438 Aug 22, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting reading. I guess this is part of the explanation of why there has never been a successful vegan society in the history of mankind.
Probably that, and they all had strokes from yelling and arguing with each other.

How many vegans have you seen get along on this site over the years?

They always inevitably end up attacking each other the same as they do at the rest of society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 2 min CNN is bogus 225
News Star Tribune: Franken Wona t Resign, Staffer Says 35 min Just Think 9
News Franken spokesman: Senator won't resign, doing ... 1 hr Red in a blue state 1
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 1 hr swampmudd 188
News Rachel Dolezal now sells homemade lollipops, ju... 3 hr Pu55yP0P5 2
News Christmas wonderland coming to Generals' baseba... 10 hr guest 6
News Library card will soon double for Costco member... 21 hr Jerry 1
More from around the web