Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, cancer risk and more

Full story: El Paso Times 65
Registered dietitian and El Paso Times nutrition blogger Bridget Swinney took part in an online chat March 14. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

El Paso, TX

#23 May 25, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> And that's why you're a lard ass you pos. NOW LEAVE the girl alone you freaking pervert!!!
You're mexican huh?
Ashley

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jun 26, 2012
I am 24 years old, 4'11" and weight 121 lbs, I am wanting to lose 10lbs. I recently changed my diet to include vegetables, fruits, and lots of protein. I eat whole grains every now and then. I eliminated all pop, sweets, and fast food. I drink only water. I was doing the advocare products for 24 days without much results. It is too expensive for me to stay on the product; however, I really liked the meal replacement shakes in the morning. Are the OTC Whey Protein Shakes good for weight loss? And is there anything else I could do to increase weight loss. I lost approximately 5lbs in 24 days with the Advocare and diet change. I work nights and have a baby so it is hard for me to find a lot of time to workout or sleep at that. Thanks for any feedback
Kenna Mike

Belgrade, Serbia

#26 Jun 30, 2012
Some of the most typical doubts obtained in your email messages is usually - exactly how much do i need to weigh pertaining to my personal height? In the following paragraphs, we're going to reveal the most popular ways this may be determined.

To discover exactly how much you need to weigh a number of elements is highly recommended, which includes years of age, muscle-fat percentage, height, sexual category, as well as bone mineral density.

Most people advise that determining your Bmi is certainly the the easy way determine if one's body weight is good. Other people point out that Body mass index is actually wrong because it doesn't consider muscles and the hip-waist rate is best.

Reference - http://www.howmuchshouldiweighchart.com/

A particular persons ideally suited body mass might be totally different from another's. When you compare and contrast yourself to friends you actually risk both striving way too high in case you are between fat or even fat people, or perhaps way too low in the event that all people near you does the job like models.
Nate K

Glassboro, NJ

#27 Jul 7, 2012
Any ideas on a aggressive dieting routing to eliminate rebound weight? I was previously experiencing significant problems with eating solid foods for over 6 months, causing me to lose 93 lbs in total. The issue that I had has seemed to have passed, but now I'm beginning to gain weight again - not something I particularly want given the previous weight loss put me in a decent range for my height (5'10"). I'm currently unemployed and have little to do but sit on a computer filling out applications, smoke cigarettes, or eating garbage food like snacks and takeout - I'm obviously kind of depressed over the whole thing which is not making things much better. My previous "diet" plan was incredibly effective, but is no longer an option. Having never really learned how to cook decent meals in my life that aren't horribly fattening, I'm looking to completely cease all consumption of the bad foods here and start with a reasonable diet to help bring the weight down to where it needs to be (namely 50 lbs below its current point).

From what I can infer, I need to completely eliminate breads of all types or and severely limit all foods containing carbohydrates, perhaps to <25% less than the recommended amounts. Also, it would seem any and all sugars are verboten.

My theory her involve structuring a strict routine including aggressive dieting and significant exercise. As for exercise, I use a bowflex machine daily and run a recombinant bike at the gym (~2 hrs)/day. My estimated calorie burn is about 2K/day. Given my depressed BMR, I would infer a net usage of 3800 kcal/day less food.

As for food, I'm looking to implement a plan that allows me to eat the same items every day at every meal to simplify preparation and minimize cost...this diet would be

Breakfast

1 c Lima Beans
1 c Spinach
1 c water

Lunch

Same as breakfast

Dinner

Same as breakfast+.25 lb lean chicken breast

The idea here is to cycle these meals until I receive my goals in conjunction with excercise. Figuring I have about 50 lbs to drop to make my BMI levels (currently 198 lbs). This is about the easiest way I can come up with make that work fairly quickly.

I'm graced with an inability to detect hunger whatsoever, so the hunger aspect wouldn't be a problem for me. I figure I could prep a week's worth of meals in advance and freeze, making prep a breeze.

Any thoughts here?
La Gorda Mexican Hottie

El Paso, TX

#28 Jul 7, 2012
Nate K wrote:
Any ideas on a aggressive dieting routing to eliminate rebound weight? I was previously experiencing significant problems with eating solid foods for over 6 months, causing me to lose 93 lbs in total. The issue that I had has seemed to have passed, but now I'm beginning to gain weight again - not something I particularly want given the previous weight loss put me in a decent range for my height (5'10"). I'm currently unemployed and have little to do but sit on a computer filling out applications, smoke cigarettes, or eating garbage food like snacks and takeout - I'm obviously kind of depressed over the whole thing which is not making things much better. My previous "diet" plan was incredibly effective, but is no longer an option. Having never really learned how to cook decent meals in my life that aren't horribly fattening, I'm looking to completely cease all consumption of the bad foods here and start with a reasonable diet to help bring the weight down to where it needs to be (namely 50 lbs below its current point).
From what I can infer, I need to completely eliminate breads of all types or and severely limit all foods containing carbohydrates, perhaps to <25% less than the recommended amounts. Also, it would seem any and all sugars are verboten.
My theory her involve structuring a strict routine including aggressive dieting and significant exercise. As for exercise, I use a bowflex machine daily and run a recombinant bike at the gym (~2 hrs)/day. My estimated calorie burn is about 2K/day. Given my depressed BMR, I would infer a net usage of 3800 kcal/day less food.
As for food, I'm looking to implement a plan that allows me to eat the same items every day at every meal to simplify preparation and minimize cost...this diet would be
Breakfast
1 c Lima Beans
1 c Spinach
1 c water
Lunch
Same as breakfast
Dinner
Same as breakfast+.25 lb lean chicken breast
The idea here is to cycle these meals until I receive my goals in conjunction with excercise. Figuring I have about 50 lbs to drop to make my BMI levels (currently 198 lbs). This is about the easiest way I can come up with make that work fairly quickly.
I'm graced with an inability to detect hunger whatsoever, so the hunger aspect wouldn't be a problem for me. I figure I could prep a week's worth of meals in advance and freeze, making prep a breeze.
Any thoughts here?
Can I substitute the lima beans for fijoles?
Bev

El Paso, TX

#29 Jul 7, 2012
La Gorda Mexican Hottie wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I substitute the lima beans for fijoles?
I wouldn't recommend that since you'd also be doing away with needed fiber. One of the problems that obese people have is that they failed to fully evacuate their bowels and many pounds of partially digested food as well as waste clutter up their insides. If you insist on the lima bean switch, you need to buy a good colon cleanser to flush out all the crap built up inside of you. Colon Blow is a reputable brand and you take it orally so you don't have to stick anything up your butt to use it. Thanks for your question.
La Gorda Mexican Hottie

El Paso, TX

#30 Jul 7, 2012
So if I use your Colon Blow can I still eat Hot Takis and drink fanta?
Bev

El Paso, TX

#31 Jul 7, 2012
So if I use your Colon Blow can I still eat Hot Takis and drink fanta?
Hold on there, sweetie. I never said that. It all depends on your body mass index (bmi) as to what yuo can intake. Start slow and work your way up to it so you'll have a ripping body that will drive the men wild.
La Gorda Mexican Hottie

El Paso, TX

#32 Jul 7, 2012
I already drive men wild. I have chavalitos by 3 different Machos. I just haven't seen or been able to get ahold of any of them in the last 2 years. And I do catch machos looking at me all the time at the cantinas when I wear tight pants or super mini faldas.
Bev

El Paso, TX

#33 Jul 7, 2012
I already drive men wild. I have chavalitos by 3 different Machos. I just haven't seen or been able to get ahold of any of them in the last 2 years. And I do catch machos looking at me all the time at the cantinas when I wear tight pants or super mini faldas.
Yes, but how is your stamina in the sack? As a registered dietician, I can attest that there's more to life than looking good. Keep in mind that some night you might want to take on all three of your Machos and then where will you be? If you're pooped out after the first one finishes, the other two will be steamed. So change your diet and you can swing all night long.
Kaustubh Bhave

Thane, India

#34 Jul 17, 2012
I'm very weak and I want to improve myself
so what diet and exercise I must follow to
become healthy?
sahithi

Mumbai, India

#35 Jul 31, 2012
farha wrote:
i m 30 yrs i want to lose weight my weight is 95 kgs n height is 5'6 pls suggest me how can i lose my weight by diet
i am sahithi i am 22 years old my weight is 73 and height is 5'2 and i am doind aerobics for half an hour so please sugeest me how to reduce weight and my main problem is i am having belly fat
sahithi

Mumbai, India

#36 Jul 31, 2012
i am 22 years old my weight is 73 and height is 5'2 and i am doind aerobics for half an hour so please sugeest me how to reduce weight and my main problem is i am having belly fat
sahithi

Mumbai, India

#37 Sep 11, 2012
hi my weight is 75kgs and my height is 5'2 i want my weight to be reduced so please provide me a diet chart
ashica

Muntinlupa, Philippines

#38 Oct 2, 2012
My mother is undergoing on a renal diet to reduce creatinine, can you please give me a meal sample for her for a day.
Christy

Charlotte, NC

#39 Oct 7, 2012
I am 15 years old and I am 109 pounds and I want desperately to know how many calories I need to maintain my weight please I need this deletes toy it is ruining my life
say hey j

El Paso, TX

#40 Oct 9, 2012
Sally wrote:
I was wondering can you put on much weight eating alot of chocolate ova 2 days if so how much can you gain??
I don't know about weight gain in 2 days, but I think I read somewhere that eating large quantities of chocolate in a short period of time can be harmful to your kidneys, particularly if you already tend toward a high sodium diet. Con cuidado!!
Priya

Coimbatore, India

#41 Oct 29, 2012
Hi I am 23 and 80 kg in weight so is there possibility to have future problem of infertility
sandya

Mumbai, India

#42 Nov 6, 2012
i am only 12 yrs old n i weigh 49.9 kg but i look thin only but my shoulders and thighs are very fat wat should i do?
sandya

Mumbai, India

#43 Nov 6, 2012
hi aishwariya
U should eat only fruits in breakfast
U should avoid potato,sweets and dal.
And shold eat only 2 chapatis twice a day in aft n night n should avoid the fruits which are 2 sweet.....
See you will find much diffrence in your body
N then suggest me aish.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mohawk Valley Memories 50 min matti 1
Solar flare knocks out some radio temporarily 3 hr Terry 1
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 5 hr crazy 4 stuff 8,467
'Jimmy' Adams 7 hr A sister in Christ 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... 13 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
College: arrests, injuries during Pumpkin Fest 15 hr ACE MCMILLAN 6
A Toothy Grin Lasts After Halloween Says Loyola... 15 hr Gerald Vonberger 1

Life People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE