Trademark time frames and general que...

Trademark time frames and general questions

jason

New Orleans, LA

#1 Jul 5, 2012
I have designed a logo and name for my company and have applied and received my llc. I would like to trademark my logo and company name to where no one else can use it. I have the logo minus the font which is also the name of the company that I have a question about. Should I trademark the logo image and name of company or wait and trademark the logo with the font that i plan on using with my logo? I havent decided on what font to use with the image for the logo but I do know the text will be my company name only. I would like to proceed with production of a few items but want to be covered. My second question is after I apply using a site like legal zoom when is the company protected and im ok to start making items with the logo? Thanks for any replies!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patent / Trademark Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer Who Started Fight Over 'R-Word' Mascot A... Jun '15 Elise 1
Implicit acceptance of trademark infringement May '15 AndyS1967 1
News Decision on Asian-American band's name is wrong Apr '15 Ainu 1
Do it yourself, if fail, then patent lawyer? (Oct '12) Mar '15 calebhart54 4
Does anyone know a reputable company that can s... (Sep '08) Mar '15 Michellelevee 9
Descriptive or suggestive TM Mar '15 Michellelevee 1
News Patterson Intellectual Property Law Welcomes Re... Feb '15 kurtcooksalot16 2
More from around the web