PAID, Inc. Files Complaint Against eB...

PAID, Inc. Files Complaint Against eBay in US District Court in Massachusetts for Patent Infringe...

There are 1 comment on the Market Wire story from Dec 23, 2013, titled PAID, Inc. Files Complaint Against eBay in US District Court in Massachusetts for Patent Infringe.... In it, Market Wire reports that:

PAID is represented in its lawsuit by Hunton & Williams LLP, an international law firm with intellectual property attorneys in multiple offices around the world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Market Wire.

NetNews

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2014
From an online discussion board: "I have read everything I can get my hands on about this action, and eBay should be worried. Paid Inc showed the patented technology to eBay years ago and offered to work out a licensing arrangement, but eBay refused, clearly hoping that Paid Inc would go out of business and they would be able to buy the patents for very little. eBay and PayPal tried to patent a very similar process and were turned away by the US Patent Office, since Paid Inc already had the process covered. eBay is just the tip of the iceberg, evidently, as there are a number of large retailers infringing on the Paid Inc patents. This will cost eBay several BILLION dollars and could jeopardize the operation of the PayPal business. eBay's pattern of stealing technology and settling later with damaged parties has been noticed by the US Justice Dept, and could be proven as a criminal pattern of activities. Stay tuned for the eBay response to the complaint."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patent / Trademark Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EDITORIAL: A case involving The Slants, an Asia... 7 hr Anar 2
China patent in U.S. Jan 10 zlarson 1
News Judge Mayer's Concurrence in IV Shows the Probl... Dec '16 cool math games 6
International territories and selling preferences Oct '16 Anon 1
How Do You Bring an Idea to Market? (Oct '15) Oct '16 juegos de futbol 2
News RenovoRx Announces The U.S. Patent And Trademar... Oct '16 fnaf sister location 1
News Judge Oetken Holds that Amendments Made During ... Oct '16 run 2 2
More from around the web