Trademrk Assignment
SideShow

Miami, FL

#1 Jul 2, 2009
Hi. I have a question I hope someone can answer. Let's say I own a company and I also own a trademark that my company is exclusively using. Right now, there is no assignment or license of the trademark to my company because, I don't care that my company is using my trademark and I'm the only one that would care anyway. But, now let's say that something happens and my company is sued. Am I personally liable at all because I personally own the trademark under which my company is operating? In other words, do I need to be concerned about protecting my assets because I personally own the trademark and, if so, should I be assigning or selling the trademark to my company? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patent / Trademark Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Apple's iPad Smart Cover patent looks to bend t... May 11 Lindy 1
News NFL Team Asks Supreme Court to Consider 'Redski... Apr '16 discuss 1
How do you decide where to get your patent draw... Mar '16 shoozy 1
News Trademark expiration a symbolic end to Firehous... (Nov '12) Feb '16 William Rogers 5
personal versus corporate liabitlity Jan '16 ed-guy 1
News Top police body-cam companies get embroiled in ... Jan '16 DARPA 1
Brand/Trademark Similar With National Flag (Oct '15) Jan '16 SathishKm 4
More from around the web