USB Patent Information
Nicolas

France

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Hello,

I am currently a french student in TSE (Toulouse School of Economics) and within the framework of a project I have chosen to study initial USB .

I am working on the stardard induced by the introduction of universal serial bus.
I am very interested by the initial release period (up to 1996) and some information are very hard to find.

*I am wondering if the corporations which had created the USB had registered a patent (or some patents?)? And is it "open source"?
(In fact it seems natural that the initial idea was to create a standard across the "new" computer market so it implies no fees BUT in the other hand it seems painful to create such a wonder without making money on IT [not on the derived product around])

*At this time (up to 1996) who was creating the product USB (male & female)?
(Was it dedicated to the corporations that had created USB or was it available to any firm? If it was available was it free? To summerize if I wanted to create a firm in China in 1996 whose purpose was only to create USB ports should I have been allowed to do it without asking any authorization?)

I am eagerly waiting for your answer so as to keep studying this wonderful market created by USB!

Sincerly yours

Nicolas Beaube
TSE
M2-Market&Organization

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patent / Trademark Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Patent-Law Change Would Raise Medical Costs Sep 1 fatbacksx 1
Patent Attorney Services (Oct '13) Aug 17 Regina Peterson 3
Cease and Desist Letter Jul '15 Anonymous 1
News Lawyer Who Started Fight Over 'R-Word' Mascot A... Jun '15 Elise 1
Implicit acceptance of trademark infringement May '15 AndyS1967 1
News Decision on Asian-American band's name is wrong Apr '15 Ainu 1
Do it yourself, if fail, then patent lawyer? (Oct '12) Mar '15 calebhart54 4
More from around the web