Nintendo court loss shows patent syst...

Nintendo court loss shows patent system at its worst

There are 1 comment on the VentureBeat story from May 15, 2008, titled Nintendo court loss shows patent system at its worst. In it, VentureBeat reports that:

“Troll litigation is annoying because you have to get permission to use something you created. It's like a protection racket.”

Here's another case that shows what's wrong with the patent system. Nintendo of America has been ordered to pay $21 million to a small East Texas game company for infringing on a patent related to game ... via VentureBeat

Join the discussion below, or Read more at VentureBeat.

Linda Taylor

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#1 May 15, 2008
Nintendo has been blamed for something that if you look at all the controllers for any of the game systems they are ALL alike! In their look's, controller action etc. This company just seen a way of getting some easy money or so they thought! Fight Nintendo! I own a "Wii" and bought a classic controller, I also own a Playstation original. I found both controllers to work the same and my grandson's did too. Their appearance is different in this instance but so what. Just look around the stores Honorable Judges and then you's will see what I am saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patent / Trademark Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to protect your firm's patents, trade secre... (Jan '14) 19 hr matthewbeazley 5
Does anyone know a reputable company that can s... (Sep '08) Fri amandapan 10
News Apple's iPad Smart Cover patent looks to bend t... May '16 Lindy 1
News NFL Team Asks Supreme Court to Consider 'Redski... Apr '16 discuss 1
How do you decide where to get your patent draw... Mar '16 shoozy 1
News Trademark expiration a symbolic end to Firehous... (Nov '12) Feb '16 William Rogers 5
personal versus corporate liabitlity Jan '16 ed-guy 1
More from around the web