ravindra

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

1. I have developed an web-application that does some processing online (some part of it is normal desktop utilities functionality done online and some parts of it are unique). Can I file for a patent?

2. Why is it so that many companies can provide web-based e-mail? Did none of the patent it?

3. My application is already released and is online. So what if some cool dude just files a patent today or tomorrow covering the same idea? Will it be called as his innovation and my application that does it already be caused some touble?

PLEASE give some information as my net search is confusing.
In_O_V8r

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

I am not totally sure but I believe you can Patent this type of web process as I know certain websites have patented their processes. try creating a profile at www.PatentsProfiled.com it is a cool new site for inventors to network with other inventors, patent lawyers, the National Inventors Hall of Fame, Inductees of the Hall of Fame etc.
Try it out it might be helpful and encouraging.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••