Microsoft Patents 'Avoid Ghetto' GPS Feature for Unsafe Neighborhoods, Bad Weather

Jan 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: International Business Times

Many are already calling this the " avoid ghetto " feature. Microsoft won a patent for a GPS feature that helps the user avoid dangerous areas, such as unsafe neighborhoods, bad weather areas, and areas with unstable terrain.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I can hear the whining about 'racism' already. It is only a matter of time before someone files a frivolous lawsuit.
AIA

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Interesting, I got a message for the fist time on my Garmin GPS today that said, when I put in a particular address, Override avoidance or area C, Yes or No? I have had the GPS for a year or two and never have seen that before. I clicked 'no' and entered the address again and it didn't give me the message and accepted the location. The GPS has the MSN Direct feature but I don't subscribe to it. Must have been a glitch with this posting I going to check out to see if that is something that comes with a subscription.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••