New York couple tries to trademark 'Occupy Wall St.'

Oct 25, 2011 Full story: Free Republic

A Long Island couple wants to trademark the slogan "Occupy Wall St." with the intent to sell sweatshirts, T-shirts, bumper stickers and hobo bags, among other merchandise.

Full Story
pete

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 26, 2011
Putz maresca
michelleleaann

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2011
Anyone who buys such items misses the point. Entirely. And, unfortunately, I think there's a good market for the merchandise.
I agree with the points unanimously agreed upon by occupiers found here: http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/first_...
These are real grievances, that most of my neighbors admit have affected them in some way. Yet, when discussing ows they throw up their hands, displaying prejudice and fear of the occupiers. They've been influenced by the poor coverage and redistributionist slurs applied to the movement.
Ows doesn't want to eliminate the playing field. Rather, they want to demonstrate how few people are really ON the playing field. 99% of us are benched. Regardless of how hardworking, dedicated, intelligent or clever we are, we will NEVER have a chance to step up to bat.
Because ows encourages us to have a discussion about the playing field, the system, I identify with the movement.

Find me on twitter. Username MichelleLeaAnn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patent / Trademark Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Aug '14 JasonTT 1
Patent question Aug '14 JasonTT 2
Maker of RevitaLash , Files Suit Against Allerg... (Aug '09) Aug '14 jazzpollard 65
Need help understanding Patent claims legal doc... Aug '14 Jenny 1
Redskins trademark yanked by patent office Jun '14 WeTheSheeple 70
Selling trademarks that are not currently used (Jun '13) Jun '14 MattsJone 2
Slogan vs. Brand name in trademarks (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jeff T 1

Patent / Trademark Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE