“Smoking UP by 1% since Chantix”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7292 Mar 1, 2011
smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I hate the anxiety it's bad feeling since I am not typically bothered by people. But honestly I could do without this rash there is nothing fun about open sores on your face. especially when it makes your face hurt at the same time. I have tried a million creams from the dermatological doc and the family doctor as well as a few antibiotics. Nothing has worked and my concern is that this will leave my face scared or just be on going forever. I know I will be quitting cold turkey and I am ok with that because at least that won't ruin your life.
I am also meeting with attorneys this week about the problems. This should get interesting.
Good luck Smith! You can quit without chantix making your life hell.

Location hidden

#7293 Mar 1, 2011
dawnn wrote:
hello fellow chantix lovers, i had no problems with my emotions while on the meds, but did have some wild dreams, i was on only 12 weeks, and fight to keep off the smokes, also i was wondering if anyone had problems with thier skin, i would get thease very painful pimples that were deep in my skin, went to the docter, he said i had feliulitis (spelling) which is an infection in your hair folicles, cause is from shaving or plugging, but i got this in parts of my body that i dont do either, shave or plug, i now have bad scars from this condition, and am wodering if anyone has had this problem..it seems to me i started getting it when on chantix,please someone get back to me thanks DAWNN
I also had this problem. At first I did not relate it to chantix. My hair has grow extremely fast in the last few years. I believe it is part of the way chantix affects the hormones, in this case the FSH, follicle-stimulating hormone. The good side is more donations to those who need wigs due to their health issues.

Here is a link to folleculitis maybe it can help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folliculitis

Location hidden

#7294 Mar 1, 2011
Robert wrote:
I just spent a half hour typing a reply that wouldn't go through and I'm not doing it again, but here's the gist of it, I'm not "blessed with intelligence" because I hate greedy, lying lowlifes???? I have an IQ of 147 and in your posts I see mistakes I wouldn't have made in 3rd grade. I first came onto this post more than a year and a half ago, commented for a month or so, left, came back a year later, commented for a little while than left again. I came back a couple of months ago. I come to counter the whackos who claim this drug was develped by the devil himself. It is a miracle drug. If you want to see a whacko, look at Virginia, she's been on here constantly for at least 20 months. She's a nut. Maybe she's just trying to extort money from Pfizer, like you. If chantix is bothering you, STOP TAKING IT!!!!!!!!

Poor baby, you lost your flaming post. Your first posts were to wish death to Peggy, then anyone else who disagrees with you. This is typical psychotic behavior! You are mean. Your type 2 diabetes, from abusing sugar, has made you lazy. The second leading cause of preventable death will claim your life. Well, unless you step out in front of a bus, karma, lol.

Location hidden

#7295 Mar 1, 2011
Robert wrote:
One more thing , I know seven people who haven taken this gift to humanity and NONE had these terrible side effects the greedy lowlifes on here claim! I hope you all lose this class action suit (which should be illegal anyway) If chantix is affecting you badly, stop taking it! If you needed medical attention from any side effects, Pfizer should cover any expenses you incurred, thats it!!! NO millions of dollars!!! If you're too stupid to stop taking a drug thats messing you up, thats your own fault. I took interferon for my liver, it's known to have severe side effects and it really affected me! So I stopped taking it. Guess what?? Problem solved!!!I didn't sue. Drug companies won't develop new drugs if they keep getting sued when one tenth of one one hundredth percent of the population gets a cough or itch from a drug. Shame on you.
This post shows how LITTLE you know! I did stop taking chanitx and that is what made me change from a chantix cheerleader to a chantix hater. Funny thing is the hospital has not billed me or my insurance company for the forced stay at their facility.

You can only sue if you have been injured. Your injury has to be severe enough to justify a lawsuit. We are not talking about an itch or a cough but death and/or hospitalization from the use of chantix. My labs showed a critically low level of potassium. Chantix is only a substitue for nicotine. Pfizer says chantix shows a greater affinity to the receptors then nicotine, meaning the acetylcholine is replaced or blocked by chantix.

BTW, Pfizer has not paid for anyone's medical bills, yet! when they do it will not be millions but pennies on the dollar.

Location hidden

#7296 Mar 1, 2011
terri wrote:
<quoted text>
If chantix is affecting you badly, stop taking it!.....
THIS is exactly what the problem IS!! The drug is sooo sneaky and thorough...you have no idea it's changing/distorting your way of thinking! No one took this drug with hopes of having horrific adverse effects...and then taking an early retirement on Pfizer.
I speak from experience when I say, "you could share a bunk bed w/doctor...he/she STILL couldn't get to you in time....it's a very scary...EXTREMELY sneaky, yet ALL-CONSUMING drug. ONCE it is in your bloodstream...only God knows how/where you'll land. I have no reason to lie. It is what it is....it's been proven it's deadly...now it's time to yank it.
Now that the blame for chantix has switched from Pfizer to doctor, it will die a slow death. Pfizer shifted the responsibility to them. Those who have had previous mental health issues who take it have a greater risk and the doctors have been warned to avoid it's use in that patient population. The studies Pfizer has done so far to try and disprove this association have no results posted, which means the results were not favorable to their opinion. I still find it hard to believe there are ignorant people who think a lawsuit is fun or we took it to retire. Shows they are delusional and have no idea of how the justice system works.

Good luck on recovering from your injuries. It is a long hard road but you can do it! The trials are expected to start in 2012 and take most of the year. Your chances of being picked as a representative are slimmer then the chances of having a reaction serious enough to justify a lawsuit.

Location hidden

#7297 Mar 1, 2011
medview wrote:
<quoted text>
well said
Great, then invite these two bozos to join you on the "Has" thread. Bashing people who have problems stopping or weaning from chantix makes your day? We do not want to hear you putting us down for "having problems". Of course if you have no life and no real reason to promote chantix you would have been living rather then fighting on these threads for years. I am here because I did. I stay here because the studies and lack of quitters are proving my point. Chantix is more deadly then quitting cold turkey and only effective while using it, so why chance it?

Location hidden

#7298 Mar 1, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's time to yank YOU!!!! Sniveling little weaklings like you are ruining our country. You just won't listen to facts. It's all about you.
No it is drug users like you who are ruining this country. You cannot do without and spend more then you make. Now get up off your large butt and go to work. Pfizer made chantix to try and boost their profits idiot!
Robert

West Babylon, NY

#7299 Mar 1, 2011
Virginia Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is drug users like you who are ruining this country. You cannot do without and spend more then you make. Now get up off your large butt and go to work. Pfizer made chantix to try and boost their profits idiot!
But I'm not a drug user moron! As for working , I've had hardly any work for the past couple of years, the same situation as you I'm assuming. After all, if you worked, how could you possibly spend this much time on here?? NOt to mention all the time you spend "researching" chantix. You're on here so much that when you didn't comment the past week, I thought you had died.(or was commited to the looney bin)You think pfizer made chantix to make money??? Really? They're a business you moron! Of course they developed it to make a profit!!! What's wrong with that??? Or maybe you'd like obama to make drugs for you?

Since: Jan 11

Alachua, FL

#7300 Mar 1, 2011
Robert wrote:
I come to counter the whackos who claim this drug was develped by the devil himself. It is a miracle drug. If you want to see a whacko, look at Virginia, she's been on here constantly for at least 20 months. She's a nut. Maybe she's just trying to extort money from Pfizer, like you. If chantix is bothering you, STOP TAKING IT!!!!!!!!
====
robert
this is a forum for people who are asking about possible problems while taking chantix or weening off of it.
Not a forum to defend chantix/phizer.
Not a forum to flame other posters.
You can start a thread of that nature though if you are so inclined.
But geeze! Did it ever occur to you that maybe-just maybe she has had some real problems with this drug?
Everyone is different.
Every drug has different side effects on people.
Oh and I am almost certain she did stop taking it.
Do you think she kept taking it with all the problems she was having?
She does not sound like a stupid person.
I'm just tired of getting alerts there is another post only to get here and see it is yet again another flame on this topic.
deb

“Go Giants!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7301 Mar 1, 2011
Virginia Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, then invite these two bozos to join you on the "Has" thread. Bashing people who have problems stopping or weaning from chantix makes your day? We do not want to hear you putting us down for "having problems". Of course if you have no life and no real reason to promote chantix you would have been living rather then fighting on these threads for years. I am here because I did. I stay here because the studies and lack of quitters are proving my point. Chantix is more deadly then quitting cold turkey and only effective while using it, so why chance it?
OMG!! Do you ever stop foaming at the mouth? You are such a vile creature

Location hidden

#7302 Mar 5, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>But I'm not a drug user moron! As for working , I've had hardly any work for the past couple of years, the same situation as you I'm assuming. After all, if you worked, how could you possibly spend this much time on here?? NOt to mention all the time you spend "researching" chantix. You're on here so much that when you didn't comment the past week, I thought you had died.(or was commited to the looney bin)You think pfizer made chantix to make money??? Really? They're a business you moron! Of course they developed it to make a profit!!! What's wrong with that??? Or maybe you'd like obama to make drugs for you?
You are type 2 diabetic, you use drugs to control it. Right now, with your rages, I would say the drugs are not working. In the past, you claim to have used methadone for your addiction. No wonder you say needed chantix to quit nicotine.

I am different. The only time I ever spent in the hospital overnight in my adult life was from STOPPING chantix! When I lowered my dose, it made me nervous. I eventually went to the dr who suggested chantix. While trying to wean off chantix I ended up psychotic. It was due to critically low potassium. That day I took the last half pill of chantix.

"Nicotinic AChRs may exist in different interconvertible conformational states. Binding of an agonist stabilises the open and desensitised states. Opening of the channel allows positively charged ions to move across it; in particular, sodium enters the cell and POTASSIUM EXITS. The net flow of positively-charged ions is inward."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinic_recept...

I am sure those lawyers with higher IQ's can prove the psychosis listed as a chantix side effect have far more proof then wikipedia quotes.

So go ahead and call me names and try and run me down. That will not stop me from posting what I know to be TRUE! BTW, I do work and earn more today then I did before taking chantix. Your comments about me and anyone who has or had a problem weaning or stopping chantix are uncalled for. The death wishes are over the top. You might want to check your comments before they become direct threats. To convey a death threat, even over the internet, is a felony.

Location hidden

#7303 Mar 5, 2011
medview wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! Do you ever stop foaming at the mouth? You are such a vile creature
Still can't stop being mean? I will never stop trying to get others who have taken chanitx and had ill effects get over them and REPORT them. So get over it. Move on, this doesn't have to be part of your future. It is mine since the trials will not even start for another year. Maybe then Pfizer will have to devulge some of what they are HIDING! At this point I assume the results for the "crazy" people clinical trials they have not posted are not good for the business of pushing chantix as a cure all for smoking. I quit nicotine cold turkey and did not have the same results as quitting chantix. That proves to me it was chantix that caused my psychosis.
John from Ohio

Middletown, OH

#7304 Mar 6, 2011
viki wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Leslie,
Better go to our other site and read as much as you can. I think the folks on Chantix know more than the doctors do sometimes. I had a horrible time when I quit cold turkey, and my doctor but me on a very long wean...
1 week 1/2 mg 2x daily
1 week 1/2 mg only daily for a week
1 week 1/4 mg only for a week
1 week 1/4 every other day for a week
Then off Chantix
I didn't have too many side effect though.
Go to this other site and you will get a lot of opinions....
http://www.topix.com/forum/law/healthcare/TKU...
The swollen ankles are a concern!
Viki
Started Chantix December 7, 2006
Quit Smoking 1/1//07
Last Chantix 5/4/07
Man, this stuff is nasty. I began Chantix on 1/7/11, smoked for a week and then went off cigs entirely. It is eight weeks today (smoke free) but I wish I was back on the damn things and not experiencing what I am feeling emotionally. I am so aggitated, am quick to anger, and have no patience for anyone or anything. I feel like I'm coming out of my skin from this crap. My doctor informed me that I could go two months and simply stop when that period of time was over; no "weaning off" or anything. So I did and that is when my world went upside down. I really need some advise folks. Should I go back on and drill down the doses? I don't like feeling like this and I'm sure my wife hates me for how I have been treating her. She deserves better after 30 years of marriage.
Jackie from Kingman

Leduc, Canada

#7305 Mar 6, 2011
Hi, I started champix in July 2010, I had my last cigarette Aug 30. I have not had the urge or even wanted to smoke. I've had where I think this is about the time I would have a cigarette, or boy it would be nice to have a cigarette about now, but never ever want one, I actually get nauseous when I smell it. My problem is my dr. told me that I can be on this pill for as long as I need, up to a year, it has been 7 months and I'm weaning myself off, I started 2 weeks ago taking one a day after lunch, and tomorrow I will start one every other day for a week, then one every 3 days and hopefully stop. I am concerned with reading all of these posts, am I in for some heavy duty side effects from quitting or is it just because they did not wean off very well. This past week I have found that I get very sick to my stomach about 1/2 hour after taking the one pill after lunch.

I am already on Celexa and Seroquil for anxiety disorder, so I'm kinda worried about the anxiety side effect. And does the champix actually leave the body completely.

Please if someone can assure me that they have not had a problem, or has weaned off like I am, I would love to hear if there is another way or if they succeeded. I am very grateful for how much it has helped me with quitting, my dr. told me when I started that the only bad side effect was quitting smoking. He never mentioned about going off the pill.
nobody really

Seattle, WA

#7306 Mar 6, 2011
[quote]Should I go back on and drill down the doses?[/quote]
Congrats on the 8 weeks!

I would consult with your doctor, for sure. I took chantix last year and stopped when I felt so inclined, and I started smoking again after about two months after I quit (and about a month after I stopped taking chantix). In terms of its effect, It was like I never quit. I am terrified of that repeating. Taking chantix sucks, but smoking is worse, at least for me.

Can you do other things to cope with your agitation? Deep breathing, counting backwards, that kind of stuff?

I am taking chantix again and am only at day 8 without a cigarette. I definitely have been going through some side affects (it takes me forever to fall asleep, so I'm taking benadryl for that and I'm still not sleeping 8 hours). I can't wait to get off chantix, but don't want it to be in vain. I'm definitely going to ween myself off it after reading this thread.

Good luck.
treezoop

High Springs, FL

#7307 Mar 6, 2011
i took chantix for 3 months with mild to nil side effects.
stopped smoking dec 20 2011.
being as concerned stopping chantix as i was starting it i weened off the stuff and am nearly weened.
the first week i weened i took half a tablet in am and half a tab in pm.
the next week i took a quarter tablet in am and a quarter tab in pm.
thats where i'm at now.
havnt had any problems so far and still not smoking.
so far so good.
i was very concerned with even taking this drug as i have depression problems but take nothing for it because of the side effects that i get from those nasty drugs.
But i couldnt stop smoking and eventually opted to give chantix a try.
so far it has worked for me with no outstanding side effects.
and none at all as i am weening off the stuff.
i'm not promoting chantix-just giving my experience using it.
being as depressed as ive always been i was quite worried going into this.
all i can say is so far so good.
not had any problems oddly enough.
deb
treezoop

High Springs, FL

#7308 Mar 6, 2011
should say dec 20 2010
oops!!
deb
K-ammon

San Diego, CA

#7309 Mar 22, 2011
Im having muscle spasms and severe neck and shoulder pain>>. I started taking chantix 2 1/2 months ago and this has been going on for over a month>>
saw my dr. 3 weeks ago he put me on flexeral and the prescription is gone and i still am having twitches and spasms >> Is it Chantix ???
supp

Branson, MO

#7310 Mar 22, 2011
K-ammon wrote:
Im having muscle spasms and severe neck and shoulder pain>>. I started taking chantix 2 1/2 months ago and this has been going on for over a month>>
saw my dr. 3 weeks ago he put me on flexeral and the prescription is gone and i still am having twitches and spasms >> Is it Chantix ???
try taking some magnesium,it may help. other things that may help,potassium, calcium & co q 10.
K-ammon

San Diego, CA

#7311 Mar 23, 2011
supp wrote:
<quoted text>
try taking some magnesium,it may help. other things that may help,potassium, calcium & co q 10.
Thanks I really appreciate the advice>>>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medicare reduces funding to 9 O.C. hospitals 19 hr icthelite 1
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) 19 hr CharlieJ 70,324
Vermont's Giving Up On Single-Payer Health Care... Thu jonik 1
Retreat is 14th largest mental health provider ... (Apr '14) Thu Esther 12
14 arrested, charged in meningitis outbreak Thu Mark Winshel 1
Number of Minnesota adults without health insur... Thu maryjaneprincton 1
Compound interest? Us Fda sets up compounding p... Thu maryjaneprincton 1
More from around the web