Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7172 Jan 9, 2011
Not Sure in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why you're being such a jerk! Everybody's body reacts differently to medication, that's why some people have side effects and others don't. If your life is so footloose and smoke-free what are you doing hanging around when there are other people who are suffering and need the support?
He IS experiencing drug w/d from chantix and cannot reason. It is best to post "around" him. Sorry I responded to him but notice he ignored my factual reason why he still has problems. His brain is an addictive one and why he had previous problems with other drugs of abuse. So he still hangs around here to try and dispute the truth. He doesn't want to chance being cut off from his new favorite "live saving drug" his dopamine response is different. Be glad you skipped the aggression s/e and don't live in the Bronx, lol.
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7173 Jan 9, 2011
tarheelnm1 wrote:
I had an even more serious, nearly fatal, experience with Chantix. After taking it for 3 weeks, I woke up one day and decided to swallow a bottle of Xanax. There was no warning. I had no history whatever of suicide ideation or actions. In fact, that is the last thing I would ever do. Further, I am licensed mental health professional. One of the most frightening aspects of this experience was that I had no idea why I had done such a thing, there was simply no explanation. After many months, I spoke with someone who had had suicidal thoughts while on this medication, and finally realized why this had happened to me. The TV ads now require a warning about suicidal thoughts, but, like me, you may not have any and it will be too late. This is a very dangerous drug. Yes, it will help you stop smoking, but it won't matter if you're dead.
So what do you think about valdroxin (agomelatine)? Is there anyway to get it in the US? I feel the activation of 5-HT 2c as an agonist is possibly the how chantix did what it did to you. That and how it interrupts the circadian rhythms. It sure adds up as to how more older females have violent responses due to HPA axis.

"Research indicates that some suicide victims have an abnormally high number of 5-HT2C receptors in the prefrontal cortex."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2C

"Serotonin is involved in basal and stress-induced regulation of hypothalamus and pituitary gland hormones such as prolactin, adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), vasopressin and oxytocin, mainly via actions of receptor subtypes 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C.[13] As such, the 5-HT2C receptor is a significant modulator of Hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis (HPA axis).[14] The HPA axis is the main controller of acute sympathetic stress responses related to fight-or-flight response. Prolonged activation and disturbances of the HPA axis contribute to depressive and anxiety symptoms seen in many psychopathological conditions."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2C
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7174 Jan 9, 2011
wiseguy wrote:
Something happens inside your brain because of Chantix! It is something you can`t explain, something very dangerous.
It is like diffuse axonal injury and traumatic brain injury!
Somebody already knows the truth!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffuse_axonal_i...
That was one of my first thoughts too when researching the different brain dysfunctions after using chantix except I was not hit in the head as that link. Can you get Agomelatine? Your pup should be a big dog now if you are who I think you are :)
wiseguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7175 Jan 10, 2011
Virginia wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of my first thoughts too when researching the different brain dysfunctions after using chantix except I was not hit in the head as that link. Can you get Agomelatine? Your pup should be a big dog now if you are who I think you are :)
I have lost your contact information because my computer was broken so please send me an email.Yes ,pup is a big dog now!
wiseguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7176 Jan 10, 2011
Virginia wrote:
<quoted text>
Toxic Brain Injury, we are very close !

http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article...
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7177 Jan 10, 2011
wiseguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Toxic Brain Injury, we are very close !
http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article...
WOW thanks Wiseguy, this link is spot on! I am sure the toxic chantix and stress caused my anterior pituitary to go into action, which kicked in my adrenal function so I could resist 6 adults trying to hold me down to take the blood I asked to be drawn when I walked into the ER. Wish they had used the valium first instead of the geodon, which set me off because I was experiencing akathisia from discontinuation of chantix. No wonder my brain is stuck calling it poison, lol.

At least I can rest assured that instead of testing chantix on PTSD vetrans they are banning it now. I guess the things they heard from them made them rethink this equation on violence. The middle aged woman signal should lead some doctor to realize it is hormonal since women of that age have pituitary action on the high levels anyway. I know my hair has grown to supernatural lengths for me since chantix, I guess other lose theirs if it has the opposite action. Hope us little old ladies can get the message through to the guys who have always thought woman under hormonal influence were crazy, lol.

I emailed you already. Thank you!

“Go Giants!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7178 Jan 10, 2011
Virginia wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you overlooked the other posts, it is not just me who has issues and the numbers have risen to a CLASS ACTION! It will take years for any of the cases to be heard in court but they will. We will win too because by the time the first case does get to a judge chantix will be pulled form the market. Your nastiness still continues to those who have had the worst effects from taking chanitx, why? Will the loss come form your pocketbook? In the end you are nothing.
No - my nastiness is only towards you. You belittle anyone who doesn't agree with your longwinded opinions. I'm sorry your husband found you worthless enough to leave you and you have nothing to do all day but copy info to scare others. It's been years since you have been on Chantix. Why do you continue to blame every little ache and pain and every psychiatric issue (that you have had for decades) on Chantix?
terri

Saint Charles, MO

#7179 Jan 10, 2011
medview wrote:
<quoted text>
No - my nastiness is only towards you. You belittle anyone who doesn't agree with your longwinded opinions. I'm sorry your husband found you worthless enough to leave you and you have nothing to do all day but copy info to scare others. It's been years since you have been on Chantix. Why do you continue to blame every little ache and pain and every psychiatric issue (that you have had for decades) on Chantix?
...wow....such a strong/hateful reaction...why?...

Chantix IS a powerful drug and it DOES affect everyone differently! I took two scripts of this pill between Oct. 06 - Oct.'07. Two hospital stays in '08. I took Chantix with ONLY the best intentions and was quite excited to get started!

I have no reason to lie or exagerate re: MY experience. I didn't take Chantix w/hopes of having a horrible side effect, then take an early retirement on Pfizer! My first hospital stay was Jan.'08 -- taken by ambulance in middle of nite w/horrific chest pains, headache, fever and stomach contractions so strong...they felt like contractions. Stayed a week. Released w/diagnosis -- possible virus.

May '08 -- overdosed, woke up six days later surrounded by confused, devastated family member...when being taken off the vent. Have spent the past 2 1/2 years groveling for forgiveness.

Never would I have put the puzzle together on my own...only one person besides the pharmacist/doctor knew I even TOOK Chantix...and while I was busy beating myself up over my actions, my mom kept feeding me negative articles on Chantix. Once I took a step back I realized....OMG...could I possibly not be insane...could a little blue pill REALLY put in a different "place" mentally...??

For months prior to my attempt, I had dreams/hallucinations of deceased loved ones coming to me at nite...all healthy and happy...bragging about how awesome heaven is...BEGGING me to come w/them....tried to assure me my job was done here. Married 35 years, mother of 2, and nana of 6....yeah...it's been a good run. And, tired? I was BEYOND exhausted...and ran on empty for so long...

I shouldn't be here. I've been given another chance. And, I can assure you...if Phizer KNEW what they were putting out there...and FDA fast-tracked it because it's such a money maker...SOMEone needs to be punished. This drug is for real. I pray for my day of vindication. The real question is, "how many people have already been laid to rest and no one put Chantix in the equation?" THAT'S REALLY sad!!!!!!!!!!

“Go Giants!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7180 Jan 10, 2011
terri wrote:
<quoted text>
Chantix IS a powerful drug and it DOES affect everyone differently! I took two scripts of this pill between Oct. 06 - Oct.'07. Two hospital stays in '08. I took Chantix with ONLY the best intentions and was quite excited to get started!
I have no reason to lie or exagerate re: MY experience. I didn't take Chantix w/hopes of having a horrible side effect, then take an early retirement on Pfizer! My first hospital stay was Jan.'08 -- taken by ambulance in middle of nite w/horrific chest pains, headache, fever and stomach contractions so strong...they felt like contractions. Stayed a week. Released w/diagnosis -- possible virus.
May '08 -- overdosed, woke up six days later surrounded by confused, devastated family member...when being taken off the vent. Have spent the past 2 1/2 years groveling for forgiveness.
Never would I have put the puzzle together on my own...only one person besides the pharmacist/doctor knew I even TOOK Chantix...and while I was busy beating myself up over my actions, my mom kept feeding me negative articles on Chantix. Once I took a step back I realized....OMG...could I possibly not be insane...could a little blue pill REALLY put in a different "place" mentally...??
For months prior to my attempt, I had dreams/hallucinations of deceased loved ones coming to me at nite...all healthy and happy...bragging about how awesome heaven is...BEGGING me to come w/them....tried to assure me my job was done here. Married 35 years, mother of 2, and nana of 6....yeah...it's been a good run. And, tired? I was BEYOND exhausted...and ran on empty for so long...
I shouldn't be here. I've been given another chance. And, I can assure you...if Phizer KNEW what they were putting out there...and FDA fast-tracked it because it's such a money maker...SOMEone needs to be punished. This drug is for real. I pray for my day of vindication. The real question is, "how many people have already been laid to rest and no one put Chantix in the equation?" THAT'S REALLY sad!!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck to you Terri - that reaction is directed at one person. Apparently you haven't been around the forum for long or you would understand why.
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7181 Jan 11, 2011
medview wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you paid attention???

Chantix will soon be banned for military use rather then used WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF SIDE EFFECTS on PTSD sufferers!

It is not MY opinion but FACT! Now go crawl back to your hooray for chantix thread and mean team. Those of us with real problems from chantix do not need your negativity. You took it and are happy ... PROVE it by going away. Show you can leave those who suffer alone instead of trying to add to it, SADIST! I didn't come to you and start anything. I started a thread call side effect sufferers not cheerleaders and you couldn't stay away from there being mean nasty and socially unacceptable. Or did you have to use chantix again to stop smoking and are finding out the second time around on it is ever worse???

I blame Pfizer for not being honest about zoloft too. I never knew when I would take it for a few months then think it was ok to stop the resulting relaspe was due to akathisia. Neither did anyone else in my family who took it or other drugs of this nature. Well no my uncle did because he used to work for a pharma. I have a family history not a personal one. I took antidepressants because of them fighting. It is well documented and part of my medical record. I only know this now because of my lawsuit for chantix. It is not even common knowledge in the medical field that these drugs do this because they can't stop fighting each other to figure it out!

BTW, my husband and I celebrated our 25 anniversary on Kauai and are glad that paradise will never see the mean likes of any of you there.
Calling A Dog A Dog

AOL

#7182 Jan 11, 2011
You must understand, Terri,(and you probably do) that Medview is a female dog. Always has been and always will be. First to jump in with negativity and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.

Isn't it interesting that she's holding *you* responsible for not having "been around the fourm" long enough to know what has transpired in the past. It doesn't make any difference how long anyone has been around: it's easy to recognize that she's a female dog.
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7183 Jan 11, 2011
terri wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful Terri ... there are many in the cheerling squad who do not understand what an antagonist as applied to medicine are like. They do not want to believe they can and DO change things.(I am still hoping it is not permanent, at first I figured 6 months tops but no.) Please look into what I have said about akathisia. I knew nothing about chemistry when I first came here. Now I understand a little after reading about how they effect our brains. The reports say they only cover between 1 and 10% of the actual numbers. It is in the previous posts from the stuff I found from the ISMP which is the Institue for Safe Medical Practices. Not sure of the total number as adding it up would only be depressing. I am here glad the truth about aggression is coming out finally. I can rest easier. My nightmare involved thinking the world was coming to and end and I was a messenger. The thought the president as a smoker could take chantix still scares me but I assume no one would ever want to test it on him. Main reason why I didn't vote for him.

I sure hope your family isn't too hard on you and can understand what you are going through. They may be afraid it could happen to them. I was always afraid what happened to my family would be passed on genetically and it is so what? I feel very strongly whatever chsntix does it effect hormones. Those of us in the change of life stage get hit hardest. Wish the FDA would fast track agomelatine to counter chantix.
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7184 Jan 11, 2011
Calling A Dog A Dog wrote:
You must understand, Terri,(and you probably do) that Medview is a female dog. Always has been and always will be. First to jump in with negativity and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.
Isn't it interesting that she's holding *you* responsible for not having "been around the fourm" long enough to know what has transpired in the past. It doesn't make any difference how long anyone has been around: it's easy to recognize that she's a female dog.
Well put thank you!
Robert

West Babylon, NY

#7185 Jan 11, 2011
DJ Stevie Mac wrote:
I was on Chantix For 1 Year my doctor took me off cold turkey. I asked my Doctor Shouldn't I be weaned off Chantix Since I have been on it so long? My Doctor sain no. Since I stopped Chantix I have been in the emergency room at the hospital 3 times in a two week period for paniac attacks,shortness of breathe. I thought I was going to die and I'm still having paniac attacks 3 weeks after stopping Chantix I still have cravings to smoke. THIS SUCKS!
Stop lying lowlife.
Robert

West Babylon, NY

#7186 Jan 11, 2011
Virginia wrote:
<quoted text>
He IS experiencing drug w/d from chantix and cannot reason. It is best to post "around" him. Sorry I responded to him but notice he ignored my factual reason why he still has problems. His brain is an addictive one and why he had previous problems with other drugs of abuse. So he still hangs around here to try and dispute the truth. He doesn't want to chance being cut off from his new favorite "live saving drug" his dopamine response is different. Be glad you skipped the aggression s/e and don't live in the Bronx, lol.
You say I "still hang around here". Until the past few weeks I haven't been on here in almost a year. Before that, I wasn't on for a few months. But whenever I do come back here you're on here ranting like a nut. You are obviously obsessed with this drug. I'm sure you were nuts long before you took it but now you found someone to blame for your serious mental issues. Then you say I "don't want to chance being cut off from my new favorite life saving drug" Huh?????????? I haven't taken chantix since Aug.'09. I've been cut off for a year and a half!!! Why don't you tell me, in a few sentences of plain english, and not with links pertaining to studies that could be wrong or just biased , when chantix will leave my system? Do you think you can do that?
Sheryl

Lewiston, ME

#7187 Jan 11, 2011
medview wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez! You can't keep blaming Chantix for your "issues"! Didn't you get your big fat settlement yet?
You know what! you are 100% A hole, think your perfect don't yah! guess what your not, those that think they are perfect have a problem as you clearly do! how dare you pick on anyone who has any mental illness!. How dare you pick on anyone that tried to quit smoking? how dare you pick on anyone at all, your nothing but a bully, bet you got your butt kicked lot's in school didn't yah!.
I have no mental illness other than anxiety if you wish to call it a mental illness go for it you mo fo!. YOu they type I'd like to hunt down and teach you a lesson for being such a bully, get off this page and leave these poor suffering people alone get a life as clearly you have none because your hear picking on very sick people!. I so wish you lived in Maine because we'd be meeting!
Sheryl

Lewiston, ME

#7188 Jan 11, 2011
Virginia wrote:
Sheryl maybe you should send a copy of the links which show chantix has caused you to be angry at your doctor. I am sure going to as well. The reason you took more of the anxiety meds is because chantix has that as a side effect and it trumps any other chemical (ie. your anxiety meds). You took too many due to their lack of effectiveness. Your poor excuse of a doctor should have monitored you, not ignored your real concerns and real side effects of chantix. The anxiety chantix caused me did reduce after I stopped taking it without any other meds. I was locked up in the psych ward of the hospital a few days after chantix hit the news in Dallas. Around September 11 is not a good time to go to the ER with paranoid comments of explosions.
I suggest no caffeine or sugar while you are recovering from chantix withdrawals. If you do have chantix left you may want to use them too, sorry to say. A long slow wean appears to be best off of any psych med. Read up on akathisia for sure so you are better informed before you take or stop any more of these types of pills. With support you should be okay but please do get medical help if you get much worse. Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Thank you Virginia, today is day #6 no Chantix, still sick as a dog with this Sinus infection, today is my birthday, I'm not much better, yesterday I had to go back to see my poor excuse of a doctor, he checked my right ear for infection and said I had an ear infection also, he gave me a stronger antibiotic. I was as nice as I could be however before going my anxiety was so high it felt as if my heart was going to jump outta my body, Road rage like you would not believe! I stopped at a friends house and said give me a cigarette please and a back cigg cuz I have to see my doc. While at my doctors I was a nice as I could possibly be as I did not want to get arrested but I did ask him to please do a pill count and also a drug test, he said it was not necessary!( Go freaking figure!). This morning I ended up back at the ER dehydrated badly. like I said it's my birthday I have been so depressed it is far from funny. At the ER they have checked everything, the doc there said if I have been off Chantix for a week now and was only taking it for 3 months I should be coming off it's side effects soon as he agreed it does have side effects and checked my blood and said it was getting low now. I just want to get better, I'm so depressed today and it is my birthday I should be happy and all I want to do is cry..... and go figure my doc decided to he was giving me the patch and nic gum, oh yeah let's add more nicotine in my blood, I fell yesterday and will fight hard not to do so again but if I get that angery again I guess I have to become a smoker again which truely is very,very sad :-( Please feel free to use my story and i'll give you more info on my doc and what Stae and town he is in as well as his phone # as he is done with his practice in March......
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7189 Jan 11, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>You say I "still hang around here". Until the past few weeks I haven't been on here in almost a year. Before that, I wasn't on for a few months. But whenever I do come back here you're on here ranting like a nut. You are obviously obsessed with this drug. I'm sure you were nuts long before you took it but now you found someone to blame for your serious mental issues. Then you say I "don't want to chance being cut off from my new favorite life saving drug" Huh?????????? I haven't taken chantix since Aug.'09. I've been cut off for a year and a half!!! Why don't you tell me, in a few sentences of plain english, and not with links pertaining to studies that could be wrong or just biased , when chantix will leave my system? Do you think you can do that?
I did give you and answer chantix or the "antagonistic" actions might NEVER be out of your SYSTEM. It shuts off things and it may be permanent. That is why you are so angry you. You assume things that are justy NOT true. Many people LEFT this thread because of your and other's bullying. I came back when the VIOLENT side effect was reported as being FACT not supposition! Or do you not remember what you said to Peggy? Shall I relocate it to refresh your memory? You are a violent nasty person and I think it is due to chantix mainly and only half of it is due to your social deficiency. No one invited you to join them on the hooray for chantix thread or did they? Actually the misguided granny thought you and I were ever friendly. How do you like that for fantasy? LMAO
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7190 Jan 11, 2011
Sheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Virginia, today is day #6 no Chantix, still sick as a dog with this Sinus infection, today is my birthday, I'm not much better, yesterday I had to go back to see my poor excuse of a doctor, he checked my right ear for infection and said I had an ear infection also, he gave me a stronger antibiotic. I was as nice as I could be however before going my anxiety was so high it felt as if my heart was going to jump outta my body, Road rage like you would not believe! I stopped at a friends house and said give me a cigarette please and a back cigg cuz I have to see my doc. While at my doctors I was a nice as I could possibly be as I did not want to get arrested but I did ask him to please do a pill count and also a drug test, he said it was not necessary!( Go freaking figure!). This morning I ended up back at the ER dehydrated badly. like I said it's my birthday I have been so depressed it is far from funny. At the ER they have checked everything, the doc there said if I have been off Chantix for a week now and was only taking it for 3 months I should be coming off it's side effects soon as he agreed it does have side effects and checked my blood and said it was getting low now. I just want to get better, I'm so depressed today and it is my birthday I should be happy and all I want to do is cry..... and go figure my doc decided to he was giving me the patch and nic gum, oh yeah let's add more nicotine in my blood, I fell yesterday and will fight hard not to do so again but if I get that angery again I guess I have to become a smoker again which truely is very,very sad :-( Please feel free to use my story and i'll give you more info on my doc and what Stae and town he is in as well as his phone # as he is done with his practice in March......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am sorry it has been so sucky. I understand perfectly how angry you are at your doctor, I was too. In the end I realized he was just ignorant like Robert. He did not believe what your body knows about chantix. Keep your cool and do what ever helps to maintain.
Virginia

Hopewell, VA

#7191 Jan 12, 2011
DJ Stevie Mac wrote:
I was on Chantix For 1 Year my doctor took me off cold turkey. I asked my Doctor Shouldn't I be weaned off Chantix Since I have been on it so long? My Doctor sain no. Since I stopped Chantix I have been in the emergency room at the hospital 3 times in a two week period for paniac attacks,shortness of breathe. I thought I was going to die and I'm still having paniac attacks 3 weeks after stopping Chantix I still have cravings to smoke. THIS SUCKS!
I am certain withdrawal from chantix causes our adrenal system to go into overload. We produce too much adrenosine.(The effects are WELL DOCUMENTED Robert, you ignoramous!)

"Many individuals experience facial flushing, a temporary rash on the chest, lightheadedness, diaphoresis, or nausea after administration of adenosine due to its vasodilatory effects. Metallic taste is a hallmark side effect of adenosine administration. These symptoms are transitory, usually lasting less than one minute. It is classically associated with a sense of "impending doom", more prosaically described as apprehension."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine

Pfizer knows because they DID change the medicine interations since I used it from asthma medicines to a specific old one, Theophylline.

"Dopamine may precipitate toxicity in the patient. Carbamazepine may increase heart block. Theophylline and caffeine (methylxanthines) competitively antagonize adenosine's effects; an increased dose of adenosine may be required. Dipyridamole potentiates the action of adenosine, requiring the use of lower doses."

So ignore Robert and his childish name calling. I am sorry you also experienced this affect. Maybe you can pass this on to your doctor and they will understand. Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Incentives push doctors to electronic medical r... (May '13) 13 hr Calvin James 2
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 17 hr icthelite 118
Medicare reduces funding to 9 O.C. hospitals Fri icthelite 1
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) Fri CharlieJ 70,324
Vermont's Giving Up On Single-Payer Health Care... Thu jonik 1
Retreat is 14th largest mental health provider ... (Apr '14) Thu Esther 12
14 arrested, charged in meningitis outbreak Dec 18 Mark Winshel 1
More from around the web