State aid for Detroit may be tough se...

State aid for Detroit may be tough sell in Capitol

There are 2 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jan 18, 2014, titled State aid for Detroit may be tough sell in Capitol. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

In his annual speech to a statewide audience, Gov. Rick Snyder avoided asking the public what he had already floated privately with lawmakers: state aid to help Detroit emerge from bankruptcy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Jan 20, 2014
Detroit or what's left of Detroit is not worth one penny in aid from any source.

Consider the voters returned the same tired old black unqualified democrats to office to mismanage the city again. so working with the unions this city government will fail.

This is a prescription for failure or financial collapse again look at their track record..

These people are not qualified to manage a broken city or bring out the best in the people of the city.

long slide down hill again
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#2 Jan 22, 2014
Rescuing Detroit is like trying to poke oats up a dead horse's butt. It isn't going to work so let it go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white women want full lips? (Jan '08) 11 hr wheresthebeef 397
News And, you shall know her as Deb Muchmore (Nov '07) Fri vanzelsconsulting 3
News House passes $1.1B Zika bill despite protests f... Jun 23 He Named Me Black... 5
News House Republicans offering proposals for health... Jun 23 kuda 27
News Health official: 'Obamacare' was once 'Romneycare' (Nov '10) Jun 22 Secret Society 5
News Ruth Ann Dailey: The who-why-how tactic to stop... Jun 20 payme 1
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) Jun 19 danize 341
More from around the web