Moorefield Doctor Charged for Deadly ...

Moorefield Doctor Charged for Deadly Overdose

There are 56 comments on the WHSV story from Aug 27, 2009, titled Moorefield Doctor Charged for Deadly Overdose. In it, WHSV reports that:

A Moorefield, West Virginia physician was arrested Wednesday on charges of illegally prescribing medications that caused a deadly overdose in February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHSV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lester

Radford, VA

#1 Aug 28, 2009
i have been a patiant of dr.masih for over a year now and he is a great dr. he has helped me and he's there to help people not harm them.
Michael

Washington, DC

#2 Aug 28, 2009
Dr. Masih hopped from practice to practice. He was fired from Mountain Medical for overprescribing narcotics. Who knows how many overdoses are attributable to his "work."
Richard

Romney, WV

#3 Aug 29, 2009
So, now it's a physicians fault when someone overdoses? I suppose that's the way the country has been heading in for quite some time. It's McDonalds fault because people are fat, it's the gunshop owner's fault that someone got shot, it's the brewers fault because someone decided to drink and drive, it's big tobacco's fault because someone smokes. Hell, I assume this person drove to the doctors office, let's make it the car dealers fault.
Personal responsibility has to begin somewhere doesn't it?
terry

Acme, PA

#4 Aug 30, 2009
this man should have been arrested a long time ago. I had a 9 am appointment with him and when I got there, there were at least 15 other people waiting to get in the door. They couldnt have all had a 9:00 appointment. He saw each and every one of them and it took him 3 hours to get to me
vanessa from moorefield

Radford, VA

#5 Aug 30, 2009
I have read alot of other peoples comments and
I am sorry to hear some of the bad things that
are said about Dr.Masih.The only thing I can come
up with,of why someone would say things like I
read is that they either got caught doing wrong
with their medicine and is out for revenge and
has nothing better to do except put a very good
doctor in jail because they can't be seen anymore.
I am very sorry to say that I am no longer his
patient but right is right and wrong is wrong
and Dr Masih did nothing wrong.If he gets charged
then why aren't the people who make the pills get
charged.Why blame someone who helps people!
How do you know that it wasn't his or her time
to go and that god took the soul,oh hell,whats
next god the blame,NO and neither is the doctor.
People make mistakes and I believe the person who
is gone abuse their medicine and now is in a better place because heaven is alot better
than here right now.Jesus was put in jail for
a crime he didn't do and now Dr Masih is also,
I think Masih name meaning is jesus,
allow the man to come home with his family and
patients and stop all the devils work!
Dr Masih has helped and saved alot of peoples
lives,and right now he can still be helping others
if you would allow him home.
from
vanessa mccauley
in Moorefield!!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

Sherman, TX

#6 Aug 31, 2009
Michael wrote:
Dr. Masih hopped from practice to practice. He was fired from Mountain Medical for overprescribing narcotics. Who knows how many overdoses are attributable to his "work."
That is a BOLD FACE LIE!!!! This is probably coming from one of the losers who still work for Mountain Medical. He left there because the people there were as crooked as could be. Their practice went down the toilet when he left... hmmm sounds like people who would want to try to ruin him... don't you think????
anonymous

Sherman, TX

#7 Aug 31, 2009
terry wrote:
this man should have been arrested a long time ago. I had a 9 am appointment with him and when I got there, there were at least 15 other people waiting to get in the door. They couldnt have all had a 9:00 appointment. He saw each and every one of them and it took him 3 hours to get to me
That just shows how many patients come to his practice to see him over any other doctors in that part of the country. Are you angry because you had to wait? Does that make him a criminal for having a thriving practice with patients who indeed wait hours to see him? Give me a break!
sharon

Moorefield, WV

#8 Sep 5, 2009
WELL WHEN YOU KNOW THAT WHATS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR IS WORTH WAITING FOR WAITING IN LINE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM. This Doctor is a good Doctor and people need to get over theirselves. I have never seen anyone stay on a job as long as Doctor Masih. He has to get tired just like anyone else. Take care Doctor Masih. God bless you and your family.
Michael

Radford, VA

#9 Sep 7, 2009
Masih can try to get his defenders to sign all the petitions he wants. He even submitted the petition to the court to get released. The fact remains, however, that the investigation has just begun. Wait until they pore over his records. This thing hasn't even been presented to the grand jury. He'll go to trial in the end facing a lot more charges I bet.
barbara

Augusta, WV

#10 Sep 15, 2009
I am new with all this pain management,car accident,now i need a doctor,and can't find one,what do i do!!!!!!!!!!help,where can i go,,,i live in augusta wv,,,email me at [email protected]
Knows

Forest Hill, MD

#11 Sep 16, 2009
Richard wrote:
So, now it's a physicians fault when someone overdoses? I suppose that's the way the country has been heading in for quite some time. It's McDonalds fault because people are fat, it's the gunshop owner's fault that someone got shot, it's the brewers fault because someone decided to drink and drive, it's big tobacco's fault because someone smokes. Hell, I assume this person drove to the doctors office, let's make it the car dealers fault.
Personal responsibility has to begin somewhere doesn't it?
First of all, the family of the person who died is not the ones who has brought charges against the doctor. So for as far as personal responsibility goes, the family, nor the dead person has decided to bring about these charges. The feds have.

The person who died is just that.. a person. He was a good person with a good heart. He has a family and people who love him. He was not some strung out drug user who was just trying to get his kicks on popping some pills. I pray that the other members of his family and the other loved ones don't read this post. It's saddening that people can be so judgemental without considering all the facts.

I can't speak for the family to say whether they hold Masih at fault or not. Regardless of anything, we won't be able to get our loved one back.
taco

Frankford, WV

#12 Sep 17, 2009
Let the man have his day in court. If he did wrong than 12 of his peers can decide his fate. And if having to wait to be see in a Dr.s office is somthing to be arrested for than there would no doctors and you could set at home and die of some illness with out the wait,
Richard

Romney, WV

#13 Sep 17, 2009
I don't have all the faacts of this case. I was just posting my comments to the story as to how it relates to society as a whole, not as to how it relates to one individual. I am sure that any case would have circumstances that would cause one to lean to one side or the other. The headline states "overdose", not misdiagnosis, nor interaction of medications as cause to the fatality. An overdose would lead one to assume that the patient themselves administered too much of a medication in the current circumstance. Whether or not the individual/patient is a "strung out drug user", they are the ones who are responsible for taking the drug. That is where I reference personal responsibility.
The Lord

Anthony, NM

#15 Sep 22, 2009
P.S. ya'll should be thankful that a respectable man such as Dr. Masih would even consider surrounding himself with America's finest like yourselves. What the f.u.c.k. would Moorefield, W.v. be without one sane person? Redneck hell? Michael you sound like a very interesting person with an extremely satisfying job! Not everyone gets as much pleasure out of working at Wal-Mart as you, pal. Quit poppin' Vicodin and get a real job!
The Lord

Anthony, NM

#17 Sep 22, 2009
By the way, anyone who has been to Mountain Medical knows that all of the people who work there would chop their cocks off for a chance to work next to the infamous Dr. Rajan Masih. So if one of you is reading this, get to choppin' big guy!
lisa elkton va

Port Republic, VA

#18 Oct 31, 2009
DR RAJA IS THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MEET HE HELP ALOT OF PEOPLE HE CARED ABOUT YOU HAS A PERSON NOT JUST AS HIS PATIENTS HE IS A VERY CARING AND LOVING PERSON WITH A HEART OF GOLD HE HELPED PEOPLE HE STATED LATE AT THE OFFICE HE WAS ALWAYS THERE TO LEND A EAR WHEN YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK IN MY BOOK HE IS THE GREAST PRSON I HAVE MEET IT NOT HIS FAULT THIS PERSON ABUSED THE MEDICINE I FEEL SORRY FOR THE FAMILY THAT LOST THERE LOVE ONE BUT YOU CAN'T BLAME THE DOCTOR BECAUSE THE PERSON OVERDOSED
lisa elkton va

Port Republic, VA

#19 Oct 31, 2009
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE MASIH FAMILY WAY GOD BE WITH YOU THIS MAN DR RAJA WAS HEAVEN SCENT TO THE PEOPLE IN MOOREFIELD FINEALLY A DOCOTOR THAT REALLY CARED ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON HE WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HARM ANYONE HE IS THE MOST CARING PERSON I HAVE EVERY MEET MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MR MASIH
laughter

Augusta, WV

#20 Dec 8, 2009
well it is his fault when there is more than one that has OD'd and he keeps prescribing the pain meds with the knowledge of the patients addiction..I'm not saying that he was a bad doctor in the past b/c i have heard some good things about him..but to the point i do believe greed got the best of him and now he has to pay for what he did.
laughter

Augusta, WV

#21 Dec 10, 2009
Anyone know why he lost his license in Texas to practice medicine??????? Take a guess...
laughter

Augusta, WV

#22 Dec 10, 2009
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a BOLD FACE LIE!!!! This is probably coming from one of the losers who still work for Mountain Medical. He left there because the people there were as crooked as could be. Their practice went down the toilet when he left... hmmm sounds like people who would want to try to ruin him... don't you think????
NOPE, cause when he left the drugs left!!!!! Make sense!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge blocks Indiana genetic abnormality aborti... 7 hr WeTheSheeple 2
News Orlando Democrat: FDA should end ban on gay men... Wed Nobert 21
News Politicians, Gay Rights Groups Calls on FDA to ... Wed RalphB 3
Why do white women want full lips? (Jan '08) Jun 26 wheresthebeef 397
News And, you shall know her as Deb Muchmore (Nov '07) Jun 24 vanzelsconsulting 3
News House passes $1.1B Zika bill despite protests f... Jun 23 He Named Me Black... 5
News House Republicans offering proposals for health... Jun 23 kuda 27
More from around the web