Chantix side effects sufferers - not ...
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7481 Feb 6, 2013
I would like for Pfizer to get a taste of their own medicine. They should have been made to spend some time in jail for their criminal activity not just fined. The damage they have done to us is permanent. Let's hope they don't get away with it. The CEO's takng a full dosage of chantix for 6 months would nice. Then they would change their tune! The problem with that is they are already heartless.
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7482 Feb 6, 2013
Good for you Barbara! I wish you good fortune. You have suffered enough.
Barara

Memphis, TN

#7483 Feb 6, 2013
Yes they should, that would solve the problem they are fighting in court

i am sick and tired heaing rossa prasing chantix
viceguy

Finland

#7484 Feb 9, 2013
Virginia Lee wrote:
I would like for Pfizer to get a taste of their own medicine. They should have been made to spend some time in jail for their criminal activity not just fined. The damage they have done to us is permanent. Let's hope they don't get away with it. The CEO's takng a full dosage of chantix for 6 months would nice. Then they would change their tune! The problem with that is they are already heartless.
Yes Ginny....sounds very good;)...even best. But how could thet try to taste...they know it is poison ;)
Virgiia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7485 Feb 12, 2013
viceguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ginny....sounds very good;)...even best. But how could thet try to taste...they know it is poison ;)
You are right. Pfizer only has a taste for $$$. Let's hope we can deprive them of it. They are too chicken to take their medicine. Who would want to with the possibility it would make their head feel like it had been in an accident throwing their brain around inside their skull like us. Pfizer will not even admit to what is really in their poison!
viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7486 Feb 21, 2013
Virgiia Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Pfizer only has a taste for $$$. Let's hope we can deprive them of it. They are too chicken to take their medicine. Who would want to with the possibility it would make their head feel like it had been in an accident throwing their brain around inside their skull like us. Pfizer will not even admit to what is really in their poison!
Hi Ginny;)

Do you still have my email? Need to ask something from you ?
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7487 Feb 24, 2013
viceguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ginny;)
Do you still have my email? Need to ask something from you ?
I just sent you an email. Let me know if you got it.
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7488 Mar 7, 2013
Barara wrote:
Yes they should, that would solve the problem they are fighting in court
i am sick and tired heaing rossa prasing chantix
I am tired of Lisa too. In the ad last night I noticed they are only charging $40 for their poison down 75%. Wonder if they will mention the settlement in the next phase of ads. LOL
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7490 Mar 7, 2013
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/03/pfizer_se...

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Pfizer Inc. has settled about 80 percent of the more than 2,700 lawsuits filed against it in federal and state courts nationwide over its smoking cessation drug Chantix, according to a company filing with a federal regulator this week.

The company says it is assuming a loss of $273 million for 2012 to settle those cases and expects to spend an estimated $15 million more to settle remaining ones in the future, according to the filing Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Most of the more than 2,700 lawsuits filed nationwide by people who complained of psychological problems, including suicides or suicide attempts, were consolidated as a multidistrict litigation _ or MDL _ in Birmingham federal court under U.S. District Court Judge Inge Johnson.

Among the lawsuits settled were 254 cases being handled by the Birmingham law firm Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris.

"We have reached a resolution of the litigation on behalf of all of the Chantix clients of Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris, subject to the approval of our clients," Ernest Cory who represents the 254 clients in 28 states, stated in a prepared release.

The terms of the settlement are confidential, Cory said. He said he is pleased that his clients will be able to put the litigation behind them.
Lowell Norby

Millington, MI

#7491 Mar 9, 2013
I also took chantix for five days In Feb 08 .I had been sober for 5 years and thought it time to stop smoking ,I was taking a anty anxiety medication clonazepam . also a antidepresant Trazadone.Had been diagnosed with Fibro and was given methadone,annd ultram for pain ..I asked my Va dr. for patches and he said this would work much better,I was still very pleasant an loved my family and had not felt this good In years.After taking chantix 5 days mind you. I started to lose interest in the things that I could do,eventualy pretty much every thing.I think about suicide everyday ,I think this Is normal,I will help people who apreciate.Not Interrested In any type of friendships or a relationship,I cant care any more My brain Is damaged and all they want me to do is take more pills .would you take anopther pill after taking chantix..Then they reduced my anxiety meds.Cant sleep can not stop smoking ,,Yes I Have mental health Issues but they were all In check! TILL CHANTIX.They never did any drug trials on people with mental health Issue And the FDA Aproved IT I remember being happy and confident A problem solver,A person people called for advice or Just a shoulder to lean on. My Mother Is my only friend now! Roy I knw what your going through but there needs to be a site where all of us can get together to sue the fda Phiezer and the drs who gave It to us I mean Is That not part of there pay I bet Phiezer pays them good..
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7492 Mar 10, 2013
Have yoi noticed the comercials increase since the anouncement of a settlement? There is no doubt people still smoke despite the healthvwarnings. No wonder Pfizer assumes they will ignore the warning the first ones here have gotten added since 2006.
terri

Saint Louis, MO

#7493 Mar 14, 2013
Virginia, do you think that figure of $273M is including the PUNITIVE damages?
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7494 Mar 15, 2013
No if anything it is enforcing the position a life is only worth about $100, 000. If you do the math for chantix and vioxx, they both are around that figure. Big pharma knows this is a cost of their business run at a huge profit. When your drug takes or ruins your enjoyment of life, it will not cost them much. Punitive damages are awarded to PUNISH. To make the offender think twice about doing it again in the future. I think they will barely bat an eye. Pfizer wants to sell chantix to alcoholics and drug addicts. They know chantix affects more then nicotine receptors. It can take away the pleasure from eating. No wonder some of the users gain so much weight. They keep feeding their face not getting the reward food gives your brain. What bothers me is the fact, as their ads say NOW, the problems with chantix can start once you STOP taking chantix. What do you do then? How do you resolve your dopamine reward system blockage?
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7495 Mar 23, 2013
Do you think Pfizer has been punished for their lies? Do you want to have cocaine addicts using chantix knowing the dangers?
terri

Saint Louis, MO

#7496 Mar 25, 2013
Virginia Lee wrote:
Do you think Pfizer has been punished for their lies? Do you want to have cocaine addicts using chantix knowing the dangers?
Hi, Virginia! Of COURSE Pfizer is not "feeling" the punishment.$100,000 per plaintiff is a slap on the wrist. Actually, not EVEN. If Pfizer is able to get away w/it this time....there w/never be an end to this madness. Like I've said before, had I not taken this myself and ended up in the hospital TWICE in 4 months...PLUS a psyche unit....I KNOW for a FACT I would've had a VERY hard time believing some of the horror stories.

But, unFORTUNATELY, I can vouch first hand...drugs CAN mess you up! Chantix is a VERY powerful drug. It literally CAN and DOES affect not only your every WAKING moment..it invadeS your dreams...twisting and distorting not only your thoughts and dreams..but your reflexes and memory! It's truly crazy.

Had I not been FORCED to find out the REAL process of bringing a new drug to market..clinical trials, flawed data, "deals" between FDA, our own doctors and all the greasing of the palms between big shots...I doubt I would've ever questioned the "ways"....
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7497 Mar 27, 2013
I will not be a Pfizer customer. Thank you chantix for opening my eyes to the ways the medical industry works. Whether it is chantix, zoloft, prempro, neurontin, lipitor or any of the long list of litigation, you cannot be sure what lies are told for profit. That only comes out years later once the damage has been done. Their fake cure is worse then the disease.

It looks like the courts are making us settle for peanuts. http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/chantix-mediatio...
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7498 Mar 27, 2013
This is it I quit! You have been warned. Take chantix and suffer the consequences.
Finally

United States

#7499 Mar 29, 2013
Yippee!!!! A black cloud just lifted.Go in peace.
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7500 Apr 1, 2013
I am sorry you have nothing better to do with your time then cheer about others suffering, no name POS. Maybe some day you will learn will power and be able to quit on your own, I doubt it though. Fool yourself thinking chantix will reduce the number of receptors while I laugh all the way to the bank! I beat the odds!!!
terri

Saint Louis, MO

#7501 Apr 1, 2013
Virginia Lee wrote:
I am sorry you have nothing better to do with your time then cheer about others suffering, no name POS. Maybe some day you will learn will power and be able to quit on your own, I doubt it though. Fool yourself thinking chantix will reduce the number of receptors while I laugh all the way to the bank! I beat the odds!!!
....'m RIGHT behind ya, sister!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In surprising turnabout, Oklahoma eyes Medicaid... 11 hr Synque 34
News Jesse Jackson Urges Lawmakers To Accept Obamaca... 13 hr TerriB1 1
News Obama To Sign Orders Protecting LGBT Employees (Jul '14) Sun Pilot Suicide 11
News The week that was... Sat Nova_MNSTR_19 2
News New nutrition label could help Americans curb t... May 21 Three Days 1
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) May 20 Hellven 70,582
News Makeover coming for food nutrition labels May 20 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
More from around the web