Chantix side effects sufferers - not ...
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7441 Oct 25, 2012
I think the medical professionals are starting to believe this substitute for nicotine isn't good. It is no longer a first line option for quitting smoking. They have now had enough people reporting back to them what we here know, chantix does strange things to your mind. The science is there now. No matter how Pfizer tries to spin it, the facts are supporting the dangers are from this drug.

We know Pfizer doesn't report what they know in a timely fashion. They do not study what really happens over the long term. The study they hoped would delay the first trial only looked at 12 weeks. It didn't show what happened when these test subjects stopped taking chantix and only was designed to see if they stopped smoking.

All Pfizer did was what they are good at ... delaying the facts they are covering up to come out to the general public.

Thank you for being a friend!
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7442 Oct 25, 2012
Here is the study I believe Pfizer tried to us to delaythe firt chantix case.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT0107829...

If it was designed to honestly measure the safety of chantix, why didn't it include quitting chantix? Oh I get it ... since chantix acts as a nicotine substitute, the efficacy side of this study would have faltered. They only want to give suggestions chantix is OK for those with depression. Yet they failed to see if it was still effective after 12 weeks while the participants were still under the influence of the drug. All his knowing "Patients with depression tend to have a higher prevalence of smoking as well as increased severity of nicotine dependence."

Hey FDA, when you make a drug company test post market faults of a drug, why allow them to be so biased?

“Life is an endless journey”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7443 Nov 2, 2012
I have not been on in a while but I am happy to say that I am glad this is finally going forward. I want this stuff off of the market.
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

#7444 Nov 2, 2012
I had it made at the flea market Chantix kills
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7445 Nov 12, 2012
Hi Peggy, It has taken 5 years to get this far and many more to completely remove this poison from the market. I wonder how many cases they will settle and seal before they actually have a case go to trial. Too many have suffered and not enough have quit smoking from trying chantix. At least France has removed it from their list of approved drugs for reimbursement and not changed their mind about its safety profile not being worth the risk!

I hope your family is not still suffering from your chantix nightmare. I am sure you have noticed the growing number of studies showing chantix caused Howard to become violent and suicidal.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7446 Nov 12, 2012
Thanks Barbara, wish I had one!
Viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7447 Jan 7, 2013
Virginia Lee wrote:
Thanks Barbara, wish I had one!
Metoclopramide sparks find from Chantix !! It is the answer for all the questions. Now we know the truth !
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7448 Jan 8, 2013
Hey Viceguy,

Thanks for the heads up. Who knew besides Pfizer that Reglan was included in the formation of chantix? This is news to me and I will look into it further. At least this is forcing the CEO's to testify. I wonder if this will result in a settlement for the second case scheduled for trial. I know I suffered from these TD effects and bet you did too! From what little I have read these effects can be permanent the longer you take the drug, more then 12 weeks and I did unlike those who still cheer for chantix.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7449 Jan 8, 2013
So far, other then one lawyer blog, I have not found anything repoting this fact. It must be another closely held secret of Pfizer's and why the CEO's are being forced to testify. How did they get by with adding it but not listing it in the drug info? I know why they would have kept it secret since the ISMP has questioned if Reglan has any place in clinical practice. In this ISMP report they do have an association of brain damage with Reglan use.

http://www.ismp.org/quarterwatch/pdfs/2011Q1....

According to the FDA, your chances of TD go up if you are an older woman. Also if you take it for more then 12 weeks. So I ask again how did Pfizer get by the FDA adding this generic drug? A lie of omission? It should not be used if you take drugs which can also cause uncontrolled movements such as mental health drugs.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety...
viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7450 Jan 13, 2013
Virginia Lee wrote:
Hey Viceguy,
Thanks for the heads up. Who knew besides Pfizer that Reglan was included in the formation of chantix? This is news to me and I will look into it further. At least this is forcing the CEO's to testify. I wonder if this will result in a settlement for the second case scheduled for trial. I know I suffered from these TD effects and bet you did too! From what little I have read these effects can be permanent the longer you take the drug, more then 12 weeks and I did unlike those who still cheer for chantix.
As I told the truth will find out sooner or later. I had akathisia after stopping the drug and I used this terrible poison about 15 weeks because of my doctor order.Tey destroy my whole life...no family any more. The symptoms are just the same as Reglan long term use side effects like TD. Different symptoms for different people.The money is most important for Pfizer...they do not care about people suffering their poison...but I KNOW what has happend to me...and soon everybody knows;)...Happy new year Pfizer ;)
viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7451 Jan 13, 2013
viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7452 Jan 13, 2013
...and yes, it is closely held secret...but not very long time any more ;)...you will see ;)
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7453 Jan 14, 2013
viceguy wrote:
Yes that is it!
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7454 Jan 14, 2013
viceguy wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told the truth will find out sooner or later. I had akathisia after stopping the drug and I used this terrible poison about 15 weeks because of my doctor order.Tey destroy my whole life...no family any more. The symptoms are just the same as Reglan long term use side effects like TD. Different symptoms for different people.The money is most important for Pfizer...they do not care about people suffering their poison...but I KNOW what has happend to me...and soon everybody knows;)...Happy new year Pfizer ;)
I am sorry you also experienced akathisia too! Thanks so much for the posts pointing to Pfizer's lies and deception again. I hope you can pick up the pieces from this horrible drug's damage. It isn't just you and you are not alone!

"High-functioning patients have described the feeling as a sense of inner tension and torment or chemical torture. Many patients describe symptoms of neuropathic pain akin to fibromyalgia and restless legs syndrome.[5] Although these side effects disappear quickly and remarkably when the medication is stopped, tardive, or late-persisting akathisia may go on long after the offending drug is discontinued, sometimes for a period of years—unlike the related tardive dyskinesia, which can be permanent."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akathisia
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7455 Jan 14, 2013
viceguy wrote:
...and yes, it is closely held secret...but not very long time any more ;)...you will see ;)
I guess we will see if they try to delay the truth coming out again by settling the second case to make it try to make it to court. Bet they do ...
viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7456 Jan 14, 2013
Virginia Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we will see if they try to delay the truth coming out again by settling the second case to make it try to make it to court. Bet they do ...
Of course they will try...everything untill to the end;)
And Ginny...you are one of the best;)....we keep working;)
viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

#7457 Jan 16, 2013
So;)..we knew it beforehand;)...oh Pfizer.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/01/pfizer_se...

And what do they do next ;)
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7458 Jan 22, 2013
viceguy wrote:
So;)..we knew it beforehand;)...oh Pfizer.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/01/pfizer_se...
And what do they do next ;)
You are one of the best too Viceguy! Thanks again! I guess we have their number ...

Looks like Pfizer will try to delay for 60 days to pick the next couple of cases they will settle out of court for an undisclosed amount. The last thing they want is a court trial of their poison.
terri

Saint Louis, MO

#7459 Jan 22, 2013
At this rate, the remaining cases may not be settled for years to come?? I hope Judge Johnson forces Pfizer to settle ALL cases asap. Because, my guess is somewhere along the line the "games" Pfizer plays....will backfire and the lid on the trade secrets and what/when they knew of the AE's will be blown up for all the world to see.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#7460 Jan 23, 2013
Terri the name of this game Pfizer is playing is delay. The longer they can keep chantix on the market the more money they make off their poison. Pfizer doesn't care or they would have been honest about what they added to cytisine to make it. It has been over 5 years since I suffered the ill effects of chantix. I expect the trials will take longer. At one possible trial every 3 months, 2600 cases would take forever to be heard.

The time table appears to be 6 months to get it FDA approved, 6 years to add appropriate warning labels, 6 more years to get clinical trial results published and by then it will be generic and Pfizer will have made a killing in profits, even after paying out undisclosed settlements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Anti-Legalization Group Urges More Access ... 26 min Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Utah Medicaid expansion negotiations ongoing Fri bcham63 1
News Many kids fall through gaps in dental care (May '14) Fri KsJohn 16
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) Thu hellven 70,507
News Nurse anesthetists aren't the same as anesthesi... (Sep '10) May 27 kelley yarborough 133
News Four arrested at Jackson Parish Hospital after ... May 24 Vanilla Iced 10
News Democrats See Skimpy Insurance as the Next Heal... May 23 Novus Ordo Seclorum 5
More from around the web