Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Virginia that was great comment about
On Chantix I kill you!" Achmed is downloaded on my computer

My Attorney has not sent me a thing, I had my on get on him I will l you know

One thing I found out is I can't get stem cell treatment because I have to have an MRI well with my Defibrillator I can't have one, so I have to have mine changed to a plastic one first. Chantix proms keep going and going, it will never end

Since: May 12

Zeeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

I took Chantix in 2010 shortly after I had a partial hysterectomy. Shortly after I started to get numbness and tingling on my right side. It persisted for about a month or so. I just thought it was how I was sleeping on my arm. In 2011, the numbness came back along with tingling and some hot flashes. I thought the flashes were due to my age and it was summer. I had a slowly progressing gimp in my left leg that I blamed on a prior TBI when I was a child. I wasn't as active anymore because I lost my former job, which was very physical. Then in Oct of last year, around Halloween, I literally lost good balance on my right side(the good side). That was when I knew something was wrong with my brain(cause I had been through the brain injury when I was young). I went to the Emergency room and they referred me to a Neurologist who ordered an MRI and blood test, and VOILA! I had MS. I haven't gotten better. People have no idea what a crippling disease this is. I had no clue that Chantix could cause exacerbations and lead to this condition.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Thanks Barbara, you have to keep your sense of humor when facing adversitity and you have had more then your share!

That sucks about the MRI and stem cell treatment. Hope your defibrilator gets changed soon.

The letter was an update on litigation. Also to find out if your medical insurance provider is one who will claim part of any settlement.

Best wishes on your continued medical treatment, my heart goes out to you!
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Loveboating, some of us have likened our chantix side effects to TBI. Here is a recent study which links TBI to increased chances of MS.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044110

I am sorry you have experienced such horrible results from taking chantix. Pfizer knew but they only warned the docors in the fine print.

There are plenty of law firms you can talk to about a lawsuit. Although this will not solve your issues, it could help pay for your medical needs in the future.

Best wshes on your continued medical treatment, my heart goes out to you too!
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Thank you Virginia, you have been more helpful than my DR's
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Barbara you are more then welcome.

I guess after knowing the government paid medical costs will be recovered from any settlement we might get, I can see why the FDA is not concerned about the cost of damage due to chantix.

Don't you love the way the "system" works?

With some drug companies opening their clinical trials, the others will look really GREEDY if they do not follow suit. Let's see where Pfizer lands on this issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/business/gl...

"Although drug companies collect voluminous amounts of data during the trials, which involve thousands of patients in many countries and sometimes last for years, only a sliver of that information is typically made public, and often in formats — as in articles in medical journals — that can present the drugs in the best light."

Let's shine the light and reveal the dark side of chantix!
Jennifer

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

I have MS and started having symptoms within 6 months of taking chantix. I only took chantix for 2 weeks before deciding I wasn't going to quit smoking with it. This was in sept/oct 2006. Aug 2007 I was diagnosed with MS. My dr's all tell me chantix couldn't have done this. In the last 5 years I've learned to walk 3 times. I am completely disabled now and have been using a walker for the last 3 years. I really believe chantix has done this... How do I prove it?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Jennifer wrote:
I have MS and started having symptoms within 6 months of taking chantix. I only took chantix for 2 weeks before deciding I wasn't going to quit smoking with it. This was in sept/oct 2006. Aug 2007 I was diagnosed with MS. My dr's all tell me chantix couldn't have done this. In the last 5 years I've learned to walk 3 times. I am completely disabled now and have been using a walker for the last 3 years. I really believe chantix has done this... How do I prove it?
Jennifer, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. This disease has severely affected several of my relatives. You would need an expert to testify that Chantix causes MS to be able to prove the link that you suspect. This is likely to be difficult because no one knows what causes MS yet. Hopefully a cause (or causes) and more treatments will be known in the next several years. Good luck to you.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multip...
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

"Though no one knows why, most researchers agree that multiple sclerosis (MS) is caused by the immune system attacking the body. Specifically, the immune system’s T-cells attack cells in the brain and spinal cord, damaging the outer sheath (myelin) of nerves."

http://ms.about.com/od/multiplesclerosis101/p...

Since chantix is also linked with SJS, another immune system disorder, I think the medical experts are reasoning how chantix does harm to the immune system.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Jennifer, there are numberous law firms representing those of us believed to be harmed by chantix. I suggest you contact them. Some are only representing mental illness side effects while others are more broad based in their scope of cases. Just type chantix lawsuit in the search field and start filling out the questionaires. When I started this thread there were none, now there are many willing to take our cases. The first rial starts this month, yeah! It has only taken 5 years to have our day in court. I am sorry you experienced such horrible results from trying chantix. I do believe you will find another way to quit smoking.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Pfizer is trying to block testimony. Not only of the expert witnesses for plaintiffs but from their own CEO's.

"While pharmaceutical companies make billions of dollars, the burden of a day or two of testimony could force a judge to limit testimony that would help Chantix suicide side effects sufferers. Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company that makes and markets the smoking cessation aid, is asking the court to overturn a subpoena on three key personnel.

According to recent news reports, the current standard for forcing a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit to travel is 100 miles or less. That would mean that Chantix heart attack side effects class action lawsuit attorneys would have to either interview the CEO and other top Pfizer executives remotely, or perform the travel themselves. The court has to consider whether the testimony would be compelling enough."

I wouldl ink this article but it does lead to law firms so ...

It comes from Top Class Actions . com
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Loxos, the progression of MS is tied to smoking. Since chantix is a substitute for nicotine, it stands to reason it too could be tied to the progression of MS.

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclerosis/news/...
terri

Grover, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Virginia Lee wrote:
Pfizer is trying to block testimony. Not only of the expert witnesses for plaintiffs but from their own CEO's.
"While pharmaceutical companies make billions of dollars, the burden of a day or two of testimony could force a judge to limit testimony that would help Chantix suicide side effects sufferers. Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company that makes and markets the smoking cessation aid, is asking the court to overturn a subpoena on three key personnel.
According to recent news reports, the current standard for forcing a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit to travel is 100 miles or less. That would mean that Chantix heart attack side effects class action lawsuit attorneys would have to either interview the CEO and other top Pfizer executives remotely, or perform the travel themselves. The court has to consider whether the testimony would be compelling enough."
I wouldl ink this article but it does lead to law firms so ...
It comes from Top Class Actions . com
....I'LL pick Ian up!!
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

There are more peple online with ALS after chantix
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/10/pfizer-settl...

The first case has been settled before it went to court. What does that tell you? Wonder what they are hiding that would have come out in court this month?
terri

Grover, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Virginia Lee wrote:
http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/ 10/pfizer-settles-first-case-o ver-chantix-and-suicide/
The first case has been settled before it went to court. What does that tell you? Wonder what they are hiding that would have come out in court this month?
Virginia, I have a message for Pfizer: "It's OVER, Ian. Now, MAN-UP, do the RIGHT thing...and YANK this drug!!!!!!!!!!"
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Terri, Pfizer needs the $$$ from chantix too much to yank it from their coffers.(Or should it be coughers?)

Bottom line ... Pfizer's 44% quit rate is in reality only 14%.

"A June 7, 2011 study in the journal Nicotine & Tobacco Research found that only 14% of Chantix users were still not smoking at 24 weeks. Headed by University of Vermont physician-professor John Hughes, ironically, it arrives as New England news headlines tell of a Vermont Chantix user's shotgun slaying of his mother."

Interesting still since Vermont was where the 44% study came from.

"Smokers were recruited to the study via advertising which stated, "Smokers, not quite ready to quit? We are testing a new medication to help you reduce and control your smoking and be less addicted. Compensation up to $75 provided. This is a study conducted by the University of Vermont."

http://whyquit.com/pr/061411.html
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Well my Chantix Kills sticker worked on friday, some one got out their car and asked my Daughter what that ment, when she told him about me he said he would not take any more pills. I saved a life
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Where did you get it Barbara? Good for you! Here is a link to several cases of chantix violence.

"In a previous post, I described how Pfizer dragged its feet in reporting to the FDA suicides associated with the use of it stop-smoking drug, Chantix. But in fairness, I suppose I should point out that not everybody who takes Chantix kills himself.

Sometimes they kill other people instead. And sometimes, they do both."

http://open.salon.com/blog/xylocopa/2011/07/0...

viceguy

Lappeenranta, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Virginia Lee wrote:
Where did you get it Barbara? Good for you! Here is a link to several cases of chantix violence.
"In a previous post, I described how Pfizer dragged its feet in reporting to the FDA suicides associated with the use of it stop-smoking drug, Chantix. But in fairness, I suppose I should point out that not everybody who takes Chantix kills himself.
Sometimes they kill other people instead. And sometimes, they do both."
http://open.salon.com/blog/xylocopa/2011/07/0...
Hi Ginny ;)

Thank you very much for the work you have done against Pfizer during these many many years. It will be the day we all know the truth. I think it will be soon. So many sad stories because of Pfizer and Chantix. And now they need to pay the bill, the first one has allready been paid :)How about the rest ones? So many thousand peoples who has lost their lives because of this killer drug.In this game there will be only loosers...Pfizer will be one of them :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,521 - 6,540 of6,608
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••