Chantix side effects sufferers - not ...
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7425 Oct 11, 2012
Barbara you are more then welcome.

I guess after knowing the government paid medical costs will be recovered from any settlement we might get, I can see why the FDA is not concerned about the cost of damage due to chantix.

Don't you love the way the "system" works?

With some drug companies opening their clinical trials, the others will look really GREEDY if they do not follow suit. Let's see where Pfizer lands on this issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/business/gl...

"Although drug companies collect voluminous amounts of data during the trials, which involve thousands of patients in many countries and sometimes last for years, only a sliver of that information is typically made public, and often in formats — as in articles in medical journals — that can present the drugs in the best light."

Let's shine the light and reveal the dark side of chantix!
Jennifer

Oxford, MS

#7426 Oct 11, 2012
I have MS and started having symptoms within 6 months of taking chantix. I only took chantix for 2 weeks before deciding I wasn't going to quit smoking with it. This was in sept/oct 2006. Aug 2007 I was diagnosed with MS. My dr's all tell me chantix couldn't have done this. In the last 5 years I've learned to walk 3 times. I am completely disabled now and have been using a walker for the last 3 years. I really believe chantix has done this... How do I prove it?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7427 Oct 11, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
I have MS and started having symptoms within 6 months of taking chantix. I only took chantix for 2 weeks before deciding I wasn't going to quit smoking with it. This was in sept/oct 2006. Aug 2007 I was diagnosed with MS. My dr's all tell me chantix couldn't have done this. In the last 5 years I've learned to walk 3 times. I am completely disabled now and have been using a walker for the last 3 years. I really believe chantix has done this... How do I prove it?
Jennifer, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. This disease has severely affected several of my relatives. You would need an expert to testify that Chantix causes MS to be able to prove the link that you suspect. This is likely to be difficult because no one knows what causes MS yet. Hopefully a cause (or causes) and more treatments will be known in the next several years. Good luck to you.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multip...
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7428 Oct 12, 2012
"Though no one knows why, most researchers agree that multiple sclerosis (MS) is caused by the immune system attacking the body. Specifically, the immune system’s T-cells attack cells in the brain and spinal cord, damaging the outer sheath (myelin) of nerves."

http://ms.about.com/od/multiplesclerosis101/p...

Since chantix is also linked with SJS, another immune system disorder, I think the medical experts are reasoning how chantix does harm to the immune system.
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7429 Oct 12, 2012
Jennifer, there are numberous law firms representing those of us believed to be harmed by chantix. I suggest you contact them. Some are only representing mental illness side effects while others are more broad based in their scope of cases. Just type chantix lawsuit in the search field and start filling out the questionaires. When I started this thread there were none, now there are many willing to take our cases. The first rial starts this month, yeah! It has only taken 5 years to have our day in court. I am sorry you experienced such horrible results from trying chantix. I do believe you will find another way to quit smoking.
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7430 Oct 17, 2012
Pfizer is trying to block testimony. Not only of the expert witnesses for plaintiffs but from their own CEO's.

"While pharmaceutical companies make billions of dollars, the burden of a day or two of testimony could force a judge to limit testimony that would help Chantix suicide side effects sufferers. Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company that makes and markets the smoking cessation aid, is asking the court to overturn a subpoena on three key personnel.

According to recent news reports, the current standard for forcing a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit to travel is 100 miles or less. That would mean that Chantix heart attack side effects class action lawsuit attorneys would have to either interview the CEO and other top Pfizer executives remotely, or perform the travel themselves. The court has to consider whether the testimony would be compelling enough."

I wouldl ink this article but it does lead to law firms so ...

It comes from Top Class Actions . com
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7432 Oct 17, 2012
Loxos, the progression of MS is tied to smoking. Since chantix is a substitute for nicotine, it stands to reason it too could be tied to the progression of MS.

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclerosis/news/...
terri

Saint Louis, MO

#7433 Oct 17, 2012
Virginia Lee wrote:
Pfizer is trying to block testimony. Not only of the expert witnesses for plaintiffs but from their own CEO's.
"While pharmaceutical companies make billions of dollars, the burden of a day or two of testimony could force a judge to limit testimony that would help Chantix suicide side effects sufferers. Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company that makes and markets the smoking cessation aid, is asking the court to overturn a subpoena on three key personnel.
According to recent news reports, the current standard for forcing a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit to travel is 100 miles or less. That would mean that Chantix heart attack side effects class action lawsuit attorneys would have to either interview the CEO and other top Pfizer executives remotely, or perform the travel themselves. The court has to consider whether the testimony would be compelling enough."
I wouldl ink this article but it does lead to law firms so ...
It comes from Top Class Actions . com
....I'LL pick Ian up!!
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

#7434 Oct 17, 2012
There are more peple online with ALS after chantix
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7435 Oct 18, 2012
http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/10/pfizer-settl...

The first case has been settled before it went to court. What does that tell you? Wonder what they are hiding that would have come out in court this month?
terri

Saint Louis, MO

#7436 Oct 18, 2012
Virginia Lee wrote:
http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/ 10/pfizer-settles-first-case-o ver-chantix-and-suicide/
The first case has been settled before it went to court. What does that tell you? Wonder what they are hiding that would have come out in court this month?
Virginia, I have a message for Pfizer: "It's OVER, Ian. Now, MAN-UP, do the RIGHT thing...and YANK this drug!!!!!!!!!!"
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7437 Oct 20, 2012
Terri, Pfizer needs the $$$ from chantix too much to yank it from their coffers.(Or should it be coughers?)

Bottom line ... Pfizer's 44% quit rate is in reality only 14%.

"A June 7, 2011 study in the journal Nicotine & Tobacco Research found that only 14% of Chantix users were still not smoking at 24 weeks. Headed by University of Vermont physician-professor John Hughes, ironically, it arrives as New England news headlines tell of a Vermont Chantix user's shotgun slaying of his mother."

Interesting still since Vermont was where the 44% study came from.

"Smokers were recruited to the study via advertising which stated, "Smokers, not quite ready to quit? We are testing a new medication to help you reduce and control your smoking and be less addicted. Compensation up to $75 provided. This is a study conducted by the University of Vermont."

http://whyquit.com/pr/061411.html
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

#7438 Oct 22, 2012
Well my Chantix Kills sticker worked on friday, some one got out their car and asked my Daughter what that ment, when she told him about me he said he would not take any more pills. I saved a life
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7439 Oct 22, 2012
Where did you get it Barbara? Good for you! Here is a link to several cases of chantix violence.

"In a previous post, I described how Pfizer dragged its feet in reporting to the FDA suicides associated with the use of it stop-smoking drug, Chantix. But in fairness, I suppose I should point out that not everybody who takes Chantix kills himself.

Sometimes they kill other people instead. And sometimes, they do both."

http://open.salon.com/blog/xylocopa/2011/07/0...

viceguy

Finland

#7440 Oct 22, 2012
Virginia Lee wrote:
Where did you get it Barbara? Good for you! Here is a link to several cases of chantix violence.
"In a previous post, I described how Pfizer dragged its feet in reporting to the FDA suicides associated with the use of it stop-smoking drug, Chantix. But in fairness, I suppose I should point out that not everybody who takes Chantix kills himself.
Sometimes they kill other people instead. And sometimes, they do both."
http://open.salon.com/blog/xylocopa/2011/07/0...
Hi Ginny ;)

Thank you very much for the work you have done against Pfizer during these many many years. It will be the day we all know the truth. I think it will be soon. So many sad stories because of Pfizer and Chantix. And now they need to pay the bill, the first one has allready been paid :)How about the rest ones? So many thousand peoples who has lost their lives because of this killer drug.In this game there will be only loosers...Pfizer will be one of them :)
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7441 Oct 25, 2012
I think the medical professionals are starting to believe this substitute for nicotine isn't good. It is no longer a first line option for quitting smoking. They have now had enough people reporting back to them what we here know, chantix does strange things to your mind. The science is there now. No matter how Pfizer tries to spin it, the facts are supporting the dangers are from this drug.

We know Pfizer doesn't report what they know in a timely fashion. They do not study what really happens over the long term. The study they hoped would delay the first trial only looked at 12 weeks. It didn't show what happened when these test subjects stopped taking chantix and only was designed to see if they stopped smoking.

All Pfizer did was what they are good at ... delaying the facts they are covering up to come out to the general public.

Thank you for being a friend!
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7442 Oct 25, 2012
Here is the study I believe Pfizer tried to us to delaythe firt chantix case.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT0107829...

If it was designed to honestly measure the safety of chantix, why didn't it include quitting chantix? Oh I get it ... since chantix acts as a nicotine substitute, the efficacy side of this study would have faltered. They only want to give suggestions chantix is OK for those with depression. Yet they failed to see if it was still effective after 12 weeks while the participants were still under the influence of the drug. All his knowing "Patients with depression tend to have a higher prevalence of smoking as well as increased severity of nicotine dependence."

Hey FDA, when you make a drug company test post market faults of a drug, why allow them to be so biased?

“Life is an endless journey”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7443 Nov 2, 2012
I have not been on in a while but I am happy to say that I am glad this is finally going forward. I want this stuff off of the market.
Barbara

Olive Branch, MS

#7444 Nov 2, 2012
I had it made at the flea market Chantix kills
Virginia Lee

Petersburg, VA

#7445 Nov 12, 2012
Hi Peggy, It has taken 5 years to get this far and many more to completely remove this poison from the market. I wonder how many cases they will settle and seal before they actually have a case go to trial. Too many have suffered and not enough have quit smoking from trying chantix. At least France has removed it from their list of approved drugs for reimbursement and not changed their mind about its safety profile not being worth the risk!

I hope your family is not still suffering from your chantix nightmare. I am sure you have noticed the growing number of studies showing chantix caused Howard to become violent and suicidal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Would Enjoy Tax Breaks Under The GOP Health... 1 hr Retribution 92
News $45 Billion to Fight Opioid Abuse? That's Much ... 7 hr tomin cali 23
News The Latest: Abortion restrictions in health bil... 8 hr bein funny 2
News GOP health care plan draws mixed reaction from ... 12 hr Retribution 140
News Views and News: Nationalization of retirement (Aug '10) Fri SLW higher interest 138
News House panel moves ahead on budget with hopes fo... Fri Trump is a joke 4
News Census Bureau Found No Need For LGBT Data Despi... Fri American PieJamboree 6
More from around the web