Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds

Aug 21, 2012 Full story: Rome News 165

A federal appeals court ruled late Tuesday that Texas can cut off funding for Planned Parenthood clinics that provide health services to low-income women before a trial over a new law that bans state money from going to organizations tied to abortion providers.

Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Feb 12

United States

#165 Sep 12, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Death penalty is inhuman and not tolerable. Death penalty could be a deadly error. We are not living in an barbaric age. There are so many signs that the USA is not real democratic modern Nation at all!
The death penalty is the only sure way to prevent a murderer from killing again. No matter what els is done a murderer can always kill again as long as that person is alive.

The USA never was and nevr sought to be a Democracy. It is a representative Republic. Learn the difference prior to running off at the mouth about the USA.

Now for you to try and lecture the US on barbarism is a joke. Worry about things in your own neck of the woods and let the US take care of itself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#166 Sep 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as capitalism exists there will be no justice in the health care at all! Put capitalism on the heap of the historical garbage of mankind. In the nuclear age capitalism is a deadly danger for human survival.
Wrong. Capitalism is part of a balanced system, allowing voters more control of the non-governmental portion of the country. Without it, we would have no choices in what products we buy nor would we have control of their costs at all. The only reason the US system is corrupt is because of corporatism, where the government is deciding for us.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#167 Sep 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that his bill came from a Republican think tank, right? It's also the same one Romney, and many other Republicans, pushed in their states as well. The goal of the heath insurance bill was not to improve health care but to ensure profits for insurance companies. I never like any of those bills, they do not address the real problems.
Republicans are making general cuts to medical though, general cuts effect everyone. While the goal is noble, the method is extreme and fails to address the real issues. If health care costs were lowered, then it would ultimately correct all the problems in the system, but just cutting taxes merely shifts the burden onto the taxpayers more. Unpaid medical bills cost more to taxpayers than paid in full ones. Lower the costs, then you reduce the amount of unpaid bills, it's a win all around.
Kitty, let me clarify. Obamacare is a tax mandate on every state and US citizen. Romneycare is something that the people of the state he is governor in wanted. If Texas folks don't want it, we don't want it shoved down our throats.

I am a big supporter of states rights. If you want to support abortions in your home state, grab a root and growl. But don't jump my donkey because we Texans may not support it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#168 Sep 21, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty, let me clarify. Obamacare is a tax mandate on every state and US citizen. Romneycare is something that the people of the state he is governor in wanted. If Texas folks don't want it, we don't want it shoved down our throats.
I am a big supporter of states rights. If you want to support abortions in your home state, grab a root and growl. But don't jump my donkey because we Texans may not support it.
It was labeled as that merely to make it constitutional, it is from a Republican think tank. Politics is nothing but a game of semantics.
Arnold
#169 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former head of Horizons Hospice indicted for fa... 3 hr The truth 1
Sex pills can cause blue vision and vision loss (Sep '09) 4 hr joshjonhson 48
GOP Must Move On From Obamacare Repeal 16 hr reality 57
Alexander pledges help if court blocks health l... 19 hr goonsquad 8
Jindal blasts congressional Republicans for a p... Mon stewart scott 4
Kasich Draws Tea Party Challenger in Ohio (Jan '14) Mon swedenforever 38
Angie Carpenter to take $77,000 pension on top ... Sun Southold Resident 11
More from around the web