Ten things the pro-marijuana lobby do...

Ten things the pro-marijuana lobby doesn't want the public to know

There are 71 comments on the The Gazette story from Nov 28, 2013, titled Ten things the pro-marijuana lobby doesn't want the public to know. In it, The Gazette reports that:

Given the recent spate of public activity encouraging support for the expansion of access to marijuana, it is critical that the public understands that there are 10 things the pro-marijuana lobby won't tell you.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Doylestown, PA

#1 Dec 2, 2013
Never have I read such unmitigated ignorant bullshit!! This vermin parrots the 30's style reefer madness propaganda and there is not a word of truth in the article! Unreal that ignorant people still believe this propaganda!!
Chuck Hays

Clifton Hill, MO

#2 Dec 2, 2013
It makes you lose your memory and uh, uh, uh.....
Mike How

Dallas, GA

#3 Dec 6, 2013
That is why DR. SANJAY GUPTA the leading CNN Dr. reported he now believes in Medical Marijuana is a positive thing and the need for regulation and taxation.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#4 Dec 6, 2013
Beware... Read at your own risk....this mans writing is a gateway to more dangerous forms of propaganda, lies and bilge
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#6 Dec 20, 2013
Mike How wrote:
That is why DR. SANJAY GUPTA the leading CNN Dr. reported he now believes in Medical Marijuana is a positive thing and the need for regulation and taxation.
M E D I C A L M A R I J U A N A !! The efforts for passage of laws legalizing prescribed medical use are be hampered by the stoners and pot heads who have the public believing legalizing would give the right for anytime/anywhere use in public. In their hazy state of mind, they don't realize their image and actions are their own worst enemy.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#7 Dec 20, 2013
Valid point
Excess is always a problem.
That said..
Legalize
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#8 Dec 20, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Valid point
Excess is always a problem.
That said..
Legalize
What would you gain by legalizing over what you do now?? There would be stricter restrictions on growing, distribution, and how much you could possess at one time. You still couldn't drive or have it in your system at work in a drug free work zone so what do you expect to gain except much higher prices and the ATF watching everyone even more closely than before?

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#9 Dec 20, 2013
The prohibition of booze made rich criminals. Like Al Capone.
Prohibition ends and the crime wave that went with as well...
Capone was not doing a public service..He was costing the public lots of money in a failed effort to keep the public away from his product...So don't kid your self his non-taxed.. non-regulated booze was in no way a sacred and above the regulated version
Pot prohibition raises up the same crime and cost issues.
When you buy what you grow, then you can say your weed is holy...no Mexican Capone associated with it....
What % of weed is grown and consumed by the user?
The advantage ..deprive criminals of weed $
Note you can still brew your own beer..I will bet you will be able to have a couple of plants as well

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#10 Dec 20, 2013
typo see if you can find it
The correct word is consume
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#11 Dec 20, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
The prohibition of booze made rich criminals. Like Al Capone.
Prohibition ends and the crime wave that went with as well...
Capone was not doing a public service..He was costing the public lots of money in a failed effort to keep the public away from his product...So don't kid your self his non-taxed.. non-regulated booze was in no way a sacred and above the regulated version
Pot prohibition raises up the same crime and cost issues.
When you buy what you grow, then you can say your weed is holy...no Mexican Capone associated with it....
What % of weed is grown and consumed by the user?
The advantage ..deprive criminals of weed $
Note you can still brew your own beer..I will bet you will be able to have a couple of plants as well
You will be able to have a FEW plants for personal consumption. It's when people step over the line a tiny bit and decide to sell their bounty to someone else. Then the problems begin with the ATF and they put you away, not like the locals that slap you on the wrist, dump out your stuff, and send you on your way. And again, you will be able to smoke what little you grow but driving and passing a work test will be the same as now.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#12 Dec 20, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> You will be able to have a FEW plants for personal consumption. It's when people step over the line a tiny bit and decide to sell their bounty to someone else. Then the problems begin with the ATF and they put you away, not like the locals that slap you on the wrist, dump out your stuff, and send you on your way. And again, you will be able to smoke what little you grow but driving and passing a work test will be the same as now.
When you sell you become a business...And no matter what... business's are not people.
No ATF agent will ever see you sell it to your brother..if it is in your own home. If you go beyond your brother and there is a in public aspect to this ...You have then become a business ..Pay your tax or your fine..
Booze is legal ...do you think there should be NO laws against drunk driving??
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#13 Dec 20, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
When you sell you become a business...And no matter what... business's are not people.
No ATF agent will ever see you sell it to your brother..if it is in your own home. If you go beyond your brother and there is a in public aspect to this ...You have then become a business ..Pay your tax or your fine..
Booze is legal ...do you think there should be NO laws against drunk driving??
You're veering off the road. Alcohol goes out of your system rather quickly as compared to THC which can show up for weeks with no way to tell when you smoked. You can drink one day and pass a BAT the next day. If you're involved in a serious accident or tested at work, the required pee test shows it's still in your system and you're fired or held partially responsible for a wreck because of the rule of "contributory negligence" for driving with a controlled substance in your system. You then get to graduate to high risk insurance if you can find anyone to even write you a policy. There's more to lose doing drugs and pot . It's better to stick to tossing back a few cool ones instead.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#14 Dec 20, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You're veering off the road. Alcohol goes out of your system rather quickly as compared to THC which can show up for weeks with no way to tell when you smoked. You can drink one day and pass a BAT the next day. If you're involved in a serious accident or tested at work, the required pee test shows it's still in your system and you're fired or held partially responsible for a wreck because of the rule of "contributory negligence" for driving with a controlled substance in your system. You then get to graduate to high risk insurance if you can find anyone to even write you a policy. There's more to lose doing drugs and pot . It's better to stick to tossing back a few cool ones instead.
Correct on the properties of the two drugs . One thing left off is the fact you are still impaired even after all traces of the alcohol have left the system...A hangover.
How ever ...how far off the road am I? Both you and I have smoke stuff that rendered us stupid and inert...There needs to be a more specific test...But ...
Are you better off with prohibition?
Which was the original question
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15 Dec 20, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Both you and I have smoke stuff that rendered us stupid and inert...There needs to be a more specific test...But ...
Are you better off with prohibition?
Which was the original question
Yes, with all the technology available today, there should be a test like the court admissible BAT but you and I both know that there's not one available at this time so it reverts back to YOU knowing that the law says YOU can't have it in YOUR system., YOU do it anyway, YOU get caught, and YOU pay the price with a drug related item on YOUR personal records. Stick to the legal cool ones for your buzz. Sleep it off Sunday and punch in Monday morning with a clear system and you job intact. Peace Ya'll !!!

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#16 Dec 20, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, with all the technology available today, there should be a test like the court admissible BAT but you and I both know that there's not one available at this time so it reverts back to YOU knowing that the law says YOU can't have it in YOUR system., YOU do it anyway, YOU get caught, and YOU pay the price with a drug related item on YOUR personal records. Stick to the legal cool ones for your buzz. Sleep it off Sunday and punch in Monday morning with a clear system and you job intact. Peace Ya'll !!!
OK ...so .....
The capitalization of YOU and such....
Do YOU obey every rule?
Interfuron turned me into an... I don't give a f*ck what a law says.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#18 Dec 21, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
OK ...so .....
The capitalization of YOU and such....
Do YOU obey every rule?
Interfuron turned me into an... I don't give a f*ck what a law says.
That's all well and good for people with no goal in life except scoring the next buzz but mature people with real goals and commitments don't risk their future by running against the grain. As the stoners and dopers finally grow out of the rebellious adolescent mindset, they find their rap sheet and past history is an anchor around their neck in the river of life.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#19 Dec 21, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>That's all well and good for people with no goal in life except scoring the next buzz but mature people with real goals and commitments don't risk their future by running against the grain. As the stoners and dopers finally grow out of the rebellious adolescent mindset, they find their rap sheet and past history is an anchor around their neck in the river of life.
I am AARP not a teen punk so can the condesending crap...I resumed due to dropping 40 lbs on a Hep C treatment...Eating was torture....I resume an old habit ...I eat I finish treatment...
You tell me I was wrong....Go ahead
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#20 Dec 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I am AARP not a teen punk so can the condesending crap...I resumed due to dropping 40 lbs on a Hep C treatment...Eating was torture....I resume an old habit ...I eat I finish treatment...
You tell me I was wrong....Go ahead
Go back and slowly read post #6 again. You're trying to mix medical and recreational use. TWO different items altogether

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#22 Dec 23, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Go back and slowly read post #6 again. You're trying to mix medical and recreational use. TWO different items altogether
No point....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#23 Dec 23, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Go back and slowly read post #6 again. You're trying to mix medical and recreational use. TWO different items altogether
Read #16 and your reply#18 V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y
You made no distinction between the two..
and never answered the question submission

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida program steers the mentally ill away fr... 22 min Julie Ann 1
News It's Easy to Hate Government When You Are Willf... 1 hr Common Sense 2
News Planned Parenthood brags about defeating law ba... 2 hr cpeter1313 1
News Prosecutors: US Rep. Fattah took illegal $1M ca... Mon Lanny 39
News Senator calls for investigation of Purdue Pharm... May 28 Hostis Publicus 2
Chantix dosage - 2mg to start off? (Sep '07) May 27 Dilao 46
News How Michelle Obama's nutrition facts label will... May 26 Three Rounds 1
More from around the web