Amedisys Announces Technical Integrat...

Amedisys Announces Technical Integration of TLC is Complete

There are 15 comments on the Earth Times story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Amedisys Announces Technical Integration of TLC is Complete. In it, Earth Times reports that:

BATON ROUGE, La. - Amedisys, Inc. , one of America's leading home health nursing companies, today announced that it has completed the conversion of all of the former Tender Loving Care agencies to the Amedisys ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earth Times.

p _o_ed_1

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2008
Worst company on earth. I am a TLC employee and Amedisys sucks. Only interested in money, money, money. They take over a company, gut it, and roll in the profits. ZThe employees make next to nothing, get crappy benefits, and have no job security. Don't ever think about working for them. Becoming homeless is a better option.
po-d2

Lincoln Park, NJ

#2 Oct 4, 2008
yeah, what he said. the poc computer doc system is the empor's new clothes, wait until the auditors show up.
runforthehills

Lancaster, NY

#3 Aug 7, 2009
I too, saw first hand, what damage Amedisys and the western NY area VP did to Staffbuilders. What was once a thriving, top notch home health company has become the laughing stock of the county. Amedisys thinks they are doing their employees a favor by sending them to "training" sessions in Orlando, yet 'let go' all the experienced clerical staff. I am soon to be out of this company and I will not look back. It's so sad.

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

#4 Aug 8, 2009
Amedisys is probably owned by secret societies like the Freemasons

Right, John?
Ditto

United States

#5 Aug 10, 2009
Islandude wrote:
Amedisys is probably owned by secret societies like the Freemasons
Right, John?
Purple people monster eater, what do you know? Nuthin':)

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

#6 Aug 10, 2009
HEE!
Sue

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 18, 2009
I left Amedisys and returned thinking it was my only option. I was AE that did all they asked reached all goals signed physicians up for Merc Doc top in my area on Merc Doc. I recently resigned just couldn't take it anymore. HIGH HIGH STRESS. Believe you me I am a hard worker but the stress was un bearable. I would suggest working anywhere but this company.
beentheredonetha t

United States

#8 Sep 27, 2009
I have been in home health for 19+ years and worked for 3 companies (one was purchased by Gentiva-Mega Giant). I can sympathize with those that have difficulty with change...I've been there myself. During my 19 years I've competed against Amedisys for about 14 of those years in 2 states. I personally know most of the corporate Amedisys folks and many different level field folks (they have worked for me, I have worked for them and/or we have worked together). As with most companies, Amedisys is only as good as its employees. If what I have read in previous posts is true then those branches, managers etc...were not following the company's core values. If what I have read here is true...the CEO Bill Borne was not aware of it. The Amedisys that I know is not perfect, has probably grown too fast but is one of the best companies in this industry to work for. High stress is an unfortunate result of the continued reimbursement challenges of this industry. If you are not "Bitching Up" and letting the people who want to know what is going on.....you're just bitchin' in the wind.
never mind my name

Madison, AL

#9 Jan 15, 2010
beentheredonethat wrote:
I have been in home health for 19+ years and worked for 3 companies (one was purchased by Gentiva-Mega Giant). I can sympathize with those that have difficulty with change...I've been there myself. During my 19 years I've competed against Amedisys for about 14 of those years in 2 states. I personally know most of the corporate Amedisys folks and many different level field folks (they have worked for me, I have worked for them and/or we have worked together). As with most companies, Amedisys is only as good as its employees. If what I have read in previous posts is true then those branches, managers etc...were not following the company's core values. If what I have read here is true...the CEO Bill Borne was not aware of it. The Amedisys that I know is not perfect, has probably grown too fast but is one of the best companies in this industry to work for. High stress is an unfortunate result of the continued reimbursement challenges of this industry. If you are not "Bitching Up" and letting the people who want to know what is going on.....you're just bitchin' in the wind.
I have been an RN for 21 years, and in marketing for 6years; 3 for Gentiva, and the remainder for Amedisys. This is BY FAR the best company I have ever worked for. The CEO and all of the leaders are truly about patient care and rewarding their employees for their hard work.If you weren't happy at Amedisys, you will never be happy!! Good luck to you.
passion for profit

United States

#10 Aug 12, 2010
Wrong headlines. Amedisys did "NOT" convert TLC employees and company. They DESTROYED IT!!. I worked for TLC and was the happiest I have ever been along with all my long standing co-workers. Amedisys bought out TLC in Indianapolis which had a census of over 300. One year later under the tyrants of Amedisys, the company has closed down. Census was under 40, just one year later. Clients were not happy. Amedisys made the employees miserable and set unreasonable, unobtainable goals. Their computer system is a joke!!! They need to change their motto to "Profit is our Passion".
passion for profit

United States

#11 Aug 12, 2010
I feel your pain. Amedisys bought out TLC in indianapolis. In less then one year our census went from over 300 with TLC to a closed office. We lost everything. Amedisys is the absolute worse company for employees, our patients and our families. Profit is their passion.
Joseph Santoli

West Islip, NY

#12 Aug 22, 2010
Current and former Amedisys employees can join the case to recover pension losses due to AMED stock's decline at www.AmedisysClassAction.com .
Glad to be gone

Bluefield, WV

#13 Oct 1, 2010
at never mind my name... Just wait you will see their true colors come out. It's not about the patient at all... oh they pretend it is & talk a good game but Bill Borne has let it get so far away from him his dream of quality care is gone. The ones under him have only one thing in mind & that's the all mighty dollar. Don't let them catch you with your back turned because a VP or AVP will stab you in the back the minute you turn away from them.
Areyoukidding

Chapel Hill, TN

#14 Jan 2, 2012
never mind my name wrote:
<quoted text>I have been an RN for 21 years, and in marketing for 6years; 3 for Gentiva, and the remainder for Amedisys. This is BY FAR the best company I have ever worked for. The CEO and all of the leaders are truly about patient care and rewarding their employees for their hard work.If you weren't happy at Amedisys, you will never be happy!! Good luck to you.
You are probably making a killing. Patient care is the last thing they care about. Maybe you will go down with the senate investigaetion for fraud and abuse. Spend those bonuses fast!!!!
Lane

Courtland, AL

#15 May 30, 2012
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you that is Amedisys moto. Well I would be ashamed to bring God into my conversation if I was Amedisys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump team rolls out massive tax cut package 2 hr kuda 4
News House budget pumps $170M into solving Ohio's op... 11 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... 20 hr Retribution 98
News Kentucky doctor sentenced in Medicaid fraud case Wed hmmm 1
chantix - problems after quitting or weaning (Jun '07) Tue Anna 6,512
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) Apr 24 againstdcf 357
News APNewsBreak: Problems remain at troubled Washin... Apr 23 CodeTalker 1
More from around the web