Long Beach Councilman Roberto Uranga ...

Long Beach Councilman Roberto Uranga will waive salary, continue collecting pension

There are 2 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Jul 21, 2014, titled Long Beach Councilman Roberto Uranga will waive salary, continue collecting pension. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

LONG BEACH >> New 7th District Councilman Roberto Uranga will forgo the salary of his office until state law is clarified on whether he can concurrently collect his pension as a retired city employee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

LB citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jul 21, 2014
What a miserable parasitic piece of rotten shidt. This is why Mexico is in such an economic shambles. Parasites and idiots. Just like we're importing by the score into this country.
John

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2014
"council salary of $33,650 he may have to suspend the pension that he began receiving after he retired from city employment on Aug. 31, 2013.

"scheduled to receive his monthly retirement payment of $4,997.56 on Aug. 1, according to an official with the California Public EmployeesÂ’ Retirement System. The disbursement is after taxes and deductions.

about $59,970.72 a year!

This is part of why cities are going broke!

Does his wife collect a city pension?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white women want full lips? (Jan '08) 5 hr wheresthebeef 397
News And, you shall know her as Deb Muchmore (Nov '07) Fri vanzelsconsulting 3
News House passes $1.1B Zika bill despite protests f... Jun 23 He Named Me Black... 5
News House Republicans offering proposals for health... Jun 23 kuda 27
News Health official: 'Obamacare' was once 'Romneycare' (Nov '10) Jun 22 Secret Society 5
News Ruth Ann Dailey: The who-why-how tactic to stop... Jun 20 payme 1
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) Jun 19 danize 341
More from around the web