the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal (Tupelo): Bryant's defiant stance is misleading and unhel...

Jan 19, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 10

While it no doubt pleases some of his constituents, Gov. Phil Bryant's drumbeat of defiance of federal authority is misleading and unhelpful.

Full Story
Yep

Monroeville, AL

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Thats the only way that he and others including the talk shows here in MS can get people to jump on their band wagons is by misleading and mistruths. They have gotten very good at this. Its the only way they can get the public worked up into a frenzy. This whats wrong with us as a whole, we can not sit down and discuss anything truthfully.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2 Jan 20, 2013
The Federal Government should not control states and give them back tax money. Local government can and should be making decisions for the local population not the state or federal government.
Yep

Monroeville, AL

#3 Jan 21, 2013
anon wrote:
The Federal Government should not control states and give them back tax money. Local government can and should be making decisions for the local population not the state or federal government.
The problem is we need to sit down as humans not Republicans or Democrats, and start caring about whats best for this country not about whats best for our party. I think we have got to the point that neither side wants the other to do anything good because then that side would get credit for it.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is we need to sit down as humans not Republicans or Democrats, and start caring about whats best for this country not about whats best for our party. I think we have got to the point that neither side wants the other to do anything good because then that side would get credit for it.
We do not have a one size fits all country. The land is too big to have standard solutions. We need local leadership not national controls. Fight government corruption.
Yep

Saltillo, MS

#5 Jan 21, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not have a one size fits all country. The land is too big to have standard solutions. We need local leadership not national controls. Fight government corruption.
Anyone that would not agree that we need to sit down and forget party sides is the reason we are in the trouble we are in. I can say that we need to put our party differences to the side but it seems you do not think that. That is whats wrong and will end up being our downfall.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#6 Jan 21, 2013
"That is whats wrong and will end up being our downfall. "
==========
We do not need parties we need responsible citizens. We all will not live under the same culture. No place in human history have people all agreed. We need to accept the fact that being different is a virtue of survival. In reality no one is right or wrong but everyplace in-between.

Stop dreaming and work to solve your problems not mine.
wow

Saltillo, MS

#7 Jan 21, 2013
anon wrote:
"That is whats wrong and will end up being our downfall. "
==========
We do not need parties we need responsible citizens. We all will not live under the same culture. No place in human history have people all agreed. We need to accept the fact that being different is a virtue of survival. In reality no one is right or wrong but everyplace in-between.
Stop dreaming and work to solve your problems not mine.
I may have misread the above statement but it said to forget party and come together as one and try to resolve. No one said everyone would agree but there is such of a thing as compromise. Im all for people beign different, as you say you are, but I have a feeling you are just ok with people who are just like you and agree with what you believe is right. Your last statement is so true but we live in a state that wants to tell women what they can or can not do with their bodies and that tells two consenting adults that they cant love and marry the one they want to.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#8 Jan 21, 2013
"but we live in a state that wants to tell women what they can or can not do with their bodies and that tells two consenting adults that they cant love and marry the one they want to. "
==========
The state is not God as most people disobey the state laws and or move.(0% of all crime goes unpunished. How many times have you exceeded the speed limit? People spend way too much time thinking laws are the way people live their lives.

The state can not put everyone in prison. They can not even afford to educate all. The state has not told women what to do only doctors registered in the state. It comes down to making money not stopping choice or love.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Without federal intervention lawyers would be jailed if they refused to recite oaths at a judges whim, there would be separate and unequal schools for the blacks, Jim Crow law would be the law of the land and highways would meander across the state to suit local Boss Hoggs. Mississippi is a confederation of adjacent political roach nests hidden by the Kudzu and protected with long winded rhetoric of tradition. If separated from the other 49 states Mississippi would soon find itself tied with Haiti.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Lawyers are jailed and education is not equal. Highways are done to please those with the money to influence and Mississippi is the Haiti of the states.

The reality s the media has snowed the people who do not take the responsibility to see and change.

We do not have a state that follows the law not even close. We have serfs and aristocrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What can I do for excess sweating? (Jan '09) 2 hr William Walker 7
The Emerging Liberal Oligarchy (Feb '09) 6 hr swedenforever 63
Jeff Sessions: - We Are Going To Fight Harder T... Mon spytheweb 5
The marketing of home care shifts into high gear Mon Karen Lorenzo 1
Tennessee governor proposes alternative plan to... Mon BernadethLee 1
Sex pills can cause blue vision and vision loss (Sep '09) Dec 14 Kevin 47
Korban responds to suit: Doctor denies accusati... (Jun '11) Dec 13 guest 107