Is it racist to oppose Obamacare?

Is it racist to oppose Obamacare?

There are 17 comments on the Kevin, M.D. story from Dec 18, 2013, titled Is it racist to oppose Obamacare?. In it, Kevin, M.D. reports that:

The federal government can't come up with a working website to help people buy health insurance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kevin, M.D..

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#1 Dec 18, 2013
what a stupid question!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Dec 18, 2013
Stupid and racist, but racist are stupid!
Africans Are Priceless

Athens, GA

#5 Dec 18, 2013
Pres. Obama have asked some CEO from Apple to help fix the Health Care sites, he said he will do it for free.

“Out of the US back in France”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#8 Dec 19, 2013
No.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#11 Dec 19, 2013
Opposing it has nothing to do with racism unless your motives for opposing it is racist. Saying it is racist would make as much sense as saying opposing it is homophobic, anti-immigrant, anti-White (there are many poor Whites too), or anti-woman.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 19, 2013
No, one can have many reasons to oppose a particular type of health insurance.

Race is always brought up in one-drop rule America.
Drilling for the nerve

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 19, 2013
It depends.

Opposing ObamaCare while white? Then yes, you are a racist.

But the question does raise an interesting issue, and perhaps the time has come for some of us to take a step back and do a bit of soul-searching.

Would we (or some of us), as Conservative Patriotic Americans, be so vehemently opposed to Obama and his agenda, if he were a green marxist?

Be honest now ...
lol

Toronto, Canada

#14 Dec 19, 2013
Obama Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Russia Olympics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/17/obam...
Black Folk Pay Attention

Athens, GA

#16 Dec 19, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
No, one can have many reasons to oppose a particular type of health insurance.
Race is always brought up in one-drop rule America.
Remember the time when it was mostly poor white people on the front cover of magazines and newspapers? Then came the 1960's, the media shifted it focus on poor black folk and then the code words started associating black folk with Welfare.

Obama Care is for whites too, but it is coded for blacks & hispanics.
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#17 Dec 19, 2013
What a dumb question.

That's like asking, "Is it racist to serve my country?"
Black Man

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Dec 19, 2013
I am A Black Man.....But I Hate The Black Half Of Obama, But I like The White Half!......Does That Make me a Racist???
Or just Half Racist??....Or Kinda Racist??
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#19 Dec 20, 2013
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters must occur in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia now!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia will cause reconstruction-demands in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia will increase Japan's, China's, Taiwan's, South-Korea's, Germany's and Russia's domestic-demands!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia will decrease supplies from Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Japan, South-Korea, Germany and Taiwan must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!

Japan, South-Korea, Germany, british, Italy and Taiwan must protect Japan, South-Korea, Germany, british, Italy and Taiwan by themselves!

Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !
Remember Pearl Harbor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#21 Dec 21, 2013
lol wrote:
Obama Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Russia Olympics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/17/obam...
Homosexuals aren't safe in Russia.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#22 Dec 21, 2013
Black Folk Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the time when it was mostly poor white people on the front cover of magazines and newspapers? Then came the 1960's, the media shifted it focus on poor black folk and then the code words started associating black folk with Welfare.
Obama Care is for whites too, but it is coded for blacks & hispanics.
True, back when being poor was to be pitied and in need of services, and not treated like villains. Appalachian folks were to be helped.

Of course there was a time when welfare was only for whites.
Robin Jernigan

Euless, TX

#23 Dec 24, 2013
I joined the Amish Church and received a exemption on Obamacare at amishhomechurch.com . I cant afford this insurance.
The weed in the WW garden

United States

#24 Dec 24, 2013
Yes because a black man created it so it's automatically racist to oppose it.
rubyjeancyler

Baldwyn, MS

#25 Dec 27, 2013
No it's very patriotic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) 3 hr medview 70,506
News Nurse anesthetists aren't the same as anesthesi... (Sep '10) 9 hr kelley yarborough 133
News Four arrested at Jackson Parish Hospital after ... May 24 Vanilla Iced 12
News Democrats See Skimpy Insurance as the Next Heal... May 23 Novus Ordo Seclorum 5
News Congress' familiar path: short-term solutions May 23 USA Today 3
News GOP congressman: Tax hike needed for roads, bri... May 22 Shinichiro Takizawa 31
News Facing $1 billion deficit, Arizona sharply limi... May 21 indict DOV ZAKHEIM 1
More from around the web