Insider poll: Legal experts now expec...

Insider poll: Legal experts now expect Supreme Court to strike down individual mandate

There are 20 comments on the ABC News story from Jun 20, 2012, titled Insider poll: Legal experts now expect Supreme Court to strike down individual mandate. In it, ABC News reports that:

The Supreme Court will soon announce its ruling on the constitutionality of President Barack Obama's health care law passed in 2010, and for many legal observers who have worked in the court and argued cases before the justices, the federal government's defense of the measure in March did not inspire confidence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

of course

Huntsville, AL

#1 Jun 20, 2012
they are partisan toadies, legislating from the bench. Why would you expect a fair hearing?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 20, 2012
Polls are perfectly meaningless. The USSC will issue a decision, and that will be it. Just wait, and deal with the results.

Polls of Supreme Court decisions are like NFL Draft "projections." Worthless.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Jun 20, 2012
of course wrote:
they are partisan toadies, legislating from the bench. Why would you expect a fair hearing?
Attention of course not!!! Face the simple fact...If the mandate is ruled unconstitutional the vast majority of Americans will fully agree. That's not legislation from a bench that's exercising common sense and that's protecting The United States Constitution from its domestic enemies...the lord marshal b. h. obama and the democRat Party.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Jun 20, 2012
harvey wrote:
Polls are perfectly meaningless. The USSC will issue a decision, and that will be it. Just wait, and deal with the results.
Polls of Supreme Court decisions are like NFL Draft "projections." Worthless.
Attention poop4brains!!! What's meaningless are your posts and your replies...and b. h. obama.
another

Huntsville, AL

#5 Jun 20, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>.
crackpot. domestic enemies? Lord marshall? What a nut you are!

voices of reason

“Ruler of Topix Australia .. ”

Since: Feb 12

the Holy City

#6 Jun 20, 2012
beautiful news

hopefully this is the momentum needed to upend obama

worst president in modern day history... didnt think hed beat bush but he did...

shocking obama shocking

Since: Sep 08

Huntsville, AL

#7 Jun 20, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention of course not!!! Face the simple fact...If the mandate is ruled unconstitutional the vast majority of Americans will fully agree. That's not legislation from a bench that's exercising common sense and that's protecting The United States Constitution from its domestic enemies...the lord marshal b. h. obama and the democRat Party.
It amazes me how the Righties like you who preach that crap about 'personal responsibility' are constantly standing up for DEADBEATS. You do prove that common sense is an uncommon commodity within the teabaggers' community.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 Jun 20, 2012
another wrote:
<quoted text>
crackpot. domestic enemies? Lord marshall? What a nut you are!
Attention another useful idiot!!! Crackpot, domestic enemy, nut? Indeed that describes someone who launched his political career from the home of bill ayers...
Crackpot2, domestic enemy2, nut2? That defines a politically inept history illiterate who voted for the lord marshal b. h. obama so GFY.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Jun 20, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>It amazes me how the Righties like you who preach that crap about 'personal responsibility' are constantly standing up for DEADBEATS. You do prove that common sense is an uncommon commodity within the teabaggers' community.
Attention PluckheadRoy!!! You need to exercise some common sense and name those you refer to as DEADBEATS otherwise we cannot proceed with our conversation. I mean I'm not standing up for holder or obama or bill ayers or any democRat who is dumb enough to still be a democRat so I can only assume you are referring to them as the DEADBEATS?

Since: Sep 08

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jun 20, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention PluckheadRoy!!! You need to exercise some common sense and name those you refer to as DEADBEATS otherwise we cannot proceed with our conversation. I mean I'm not standing up for holder or obama or bill ayers or any democRat who is dumb enough to still be a democRat so I can only assume you are referring to them as the DEADBEATS?
Anyone who opposes the healthcare madate is standing up for deadbeats. Anyone who buys that crap about Obama and Ayers is either a friggin' nut or BALD FACED LIAR.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jun 20, 2012
Oh to be a fly on the wall when Obama troops call the loons on the Supreme Court. I can imagine the anguish going on in anticipation of Obama's claim to fame legislation going down in FLAMES.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#12 Jun 20, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who opposes the healthcare madate is standing up for deadbeats. Anyone who buys that crap about Obama and Ayers is either a friggin' nut or BALD FACED LIAR.
Attention Pluckhead and I mean Pluckhead!!! Let's see...What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander...In other words I mandate you, Pluckhead, to purchase an electric car today whether you want to or not whether you can afford it or not...All such decisions are mine now or will be in the future. Such decisions may have been yours yesterday but they're mine today...all mine!!! So purchase the car now or pay a stiff fine or you may even face imprisonment. Of course I'm exempt from my own mandate, it doesn't apply to me...I'm special like b. h. obama and I know what's best for you, Pluckhead.
As for your pathetic assertion about obama/ayers...Are you trying to say b. h. obama did not closely associate and work with bill ayers for years? Are you trying to say b. h. obama did not launch his political career from the home of bill ayers? Are you trying to say that someone can hang around and collaborate with bill ayers and similar people for years and years and not share in a marxist ideology and furthermore use that ideology as the basis for his decision making as POTUS? Well back it all up bozo. And while you're at it fruitcake try to convince everyone that people going in and out of a crack house don't do crack. GFY.
what

Huntsville, AL

#13 Jun 20, 2012
voices of reason wrote:
beautiful news
y
... didnt think hed beat bush but he did...
shocking obama shocking
a dope. The president beat McCain

Bush II was the worst president of the modern era. Duuh - two unfunded wars, tax breaks for the rich and deregulation that created the recession and now the republicans are blocking all progress for political reasons. totally unfit to lead.
Reality

Barre, VT

#14 Jun 20, 2012
Everyone knew the govt cannot force you to buy from a private company...the media is just hedging its ludicrous articles so they can claim they haven't lost all credibility.

the truth is the media has lost all credibility...
what

Huntsville, AL

#15 Jun 20, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>
.
do your shtforbrains fantasies have to do with anything?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#16 Jun 20, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
do your shtforbrains fantasies have to do with anything?
Attention whatanidiot!!! It obvious you cannot debate...no fantasy just fact. GFY.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#17 Jun 20, 2012
harvey wrote:
Polls are perfectly meaningless. The USSC will issue a decision, and that will be it. Just wait, and deal with the results.
Polls of Supreme Court decisions are like NFL Draft "projections." Worthless.
Harv:

I totally agree with you.

It ain't over until the 'fat lady sings'.

We can speculate all we want, but the Supreme Court has the FINAL SAY-SO.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#20 Jun 21, 2012
They forget the GOD Factor, the One they swore the Oath to.

The curse of Zechariah 5 is on you Babylon - see Revelation 18.

This is GOD - The Creator of time itself - tick-tock - Mene Tekel

http://niv.scripturetext.com/genesis/1.htm
rule of thumb

Huntsville, AL

#21 Jun 22, 2012
Patriot wrote:
They forget the GOD Factor, the One they swore the Oath to.
The curse of Zechariah 5 is on you Babylon - see Revelation 18.
This is GOD - The Creator of time itself - tick-tock - Mene Tekel
http://niv.scripturetext.com/genesis/1.htm
anyone who calls themselves a patriot is a crackpot.
EQUALITY LITE

United States

#22 Jun 26, 2012
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — President Barack Obama's campaign has recruited a legion of lawyers to be on standby for this year's election as legal disputes surrounding the voting process escalate. ..........LETS SEE.IN ORDER TO VOTE your must show LEGAL PICTURE identification..PERIOD...a citizen must show a valid SS AND OR LEGAL PICTURE ID,PERIOD... sounds simple enought ,BUTS THATS NOT THE CASE 200 years of writing laws VOTING AND IMMIGRATION ,and about the only thing true is...THERE ARE MORE ands ifs and butts and maybes that make law a real hodgepodge of jibberish.. only basic tax laws seem to be written clean and concise....PAY NOW..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Michelle Obama's nutrition facts label will... 52 min Three Rounds 1
News Colorado still lacks in-patient psychiatric care 1 hr ELISE 1
News Prosecutors: US Rep. Fattah took illegal $1M ca... 3 hr jones 27
News $280,000 salary at DHS has lawmakers talking Tue Gillham and Dismang 17
News Arrest of Pharma Executive on Federal Kickback ... (Nov '15) May 24 BIG SUGAR 2
News In surprising turnabout, Oklahoma eyes Medicaid... May 23 Synque 34
News Jesse Jackson Urges Lawmakers To Accept Obamaca... May 23 TerriB1 1
More from around the web