Fact check: Bill Clinton at the DNC

Fact check: Bill Clinton at the DNC

There are 28 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Sep 6, 2012, titled Fact check: Bill Clinton at the DNC. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

Republicans will find plenty of Clinton's scorching opinions objectionable. But with few exceptions, we found his stats checked out.

Former president Bill Clinton's stem-winding nomination speech was a fact-checker's nightmare: lots of effort required to run down his many statistics and factual claims...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#23 Sep 7, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie. The GOP voted following party lines to sabatage many of Omama's programs.
If even a few Republicans had broken ranks, we would have a single payer option in the national healthcare program. That GOP bit of nastyness will cost us all $$$ BILLIONS.
If only a few democrats had gone along with some of Bush's proposals we wouldn't have had the finacial meltdown we are now experiencing. The groundwork for which was started when Liberals took control of Congress in '06.

It is common to oppose policies that you don't believe in. BOTH parties have been playing that game for decades.

Moochelle has reserved a U-Haul for the middle of January '13.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#25 Sep 10, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Article 1 section 8. Powers granted to the Federal Government.
Nothing about healthcare in there. That falls under Amendment 10 states rights.
Try again. They don't have the authority.
You are in disagreement with an extremist right-wing Roberts Supreme Court.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#26 Sep 10, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in disagreement with an extremist right-wing Roberts Supreme Court.
SCOTUS only confirmed the mandate was a tax levied under the Congress's authority to impose taxes. The rest was not adjudicated. SCOTUS was correct in opining that the Bill is a political matter to be resolved by Congress,not the Courts.
BO Sirens Screeching

Denver, CO

#27 Sep 10, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>If only a few democrats had gone along with some of Bush's proposals we wouldn't have had the finacial meltdown we are now experiencing. The groundwork for which was started when Liberals took control of Congress in '06.
It is common to oppose policies that you don't believe in. BOTH parties have been playing that game for decades.
Moochelle has reserved a U-Haul for the middle of January '13.
The 3 presidents who caused the housing breakdown, all under one roof at the DNC convention:

Carter, Clinton and Barack

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#29 Sep 11, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>SCOTUS only confirmed the mandate was a tax levied under the Congress's authority to impose taxes. The rest was not adjudicated. SCOTUS was correct in opining that the Bill is a political matter to be resolved by Congress,not the Courts.
The supreme court does not rule on "bills" they rule on matters of law under the US Constitution.

Don't go from being wrong to being a liar, for you are on that edge.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#30 Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The supreme court does not rule on "bills" they rule on matters of law under the US Constitution.
Don't go from being wrong to being a liar, for you are on that edge.
Excuse me. LAW. Better? As for lying,nobody does it better than a liberal. After all you can't spell liberal without LIE...... Its a genetic flaw,kinda like having six toes.
Devils Advct

West Columbia, SC

#31 Sep 25, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie. The GOP voted following party lines to sabatage many of Omama's programs.
If even a few Republicans had broken ranks, we would have a single payer option in the national healthcare program. That GOP bit of nastyness will cost us all $$$ BILLIONS.
The only reason anything congress does would cost us billions is that they can't keep their noses out of our lives. Who ever said the president and congress get to sit up there in Washington and dictate what we do and how we live? Ever seen a congress that didn't create tons of laws costing us billions/trillions of dollars?? You do realize that's OUR money their using - right?
Never was the purpose of our "leaders" (and I use the term very losely)
koz

Akron, OH

#32 Oct 31, 2012
Devils Advct wrote:
The only reason anything congress does would cost us billions is that they can't keep their noses out of our lives. Who ever said the president and congress get to sit up there in Washington and dictate what we do and how we live? Ever seen a congress that didn't create tons of laws costing us billions/trillions of dollars??
Yes, and no matter how much they raise taxes, they will always increase spending more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds 20M would lose health coverage unde... 1 min Lawrence Wolf 46
News Why California wants health insurance for undoc... 3 hr Wildchild 1
chantix - problems after quitting or weaning (Jun '07) Fri Laura 6,498
News Huntsville Pill Mill Doctor Charged with Illega... Fri Glad_You_Will_Pay 1
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) Fri xhacker 70,586
News Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Sep 21 Your Service Prov... 5
News Supreme Court hands President Obama a major vic... (Jun '12) Sep 20 Herbert Walker 3,705
More from around the web