Alicia Curley

Carmel, IN

#1 Aug 3, 2012
As expected, I have had horrible dreams just a few days after starting Chantix. Before I started, I felt as if bad dreams were worth preventing myself from having a living nightmare of lung cancer. After having horrible and such realistic nightmare's, I decided to match my dreams to a dream dict. In school I learned people that smoke, tend to smoke as a way to hide grief and loss in their life. When I looked up certain things that were in my dreams (rather vivid nightmares), I noticed a very clear conection to my life and grief I have allowed myself to go through. To anybody reading this post, I have one question (ok a few)... Do you think that Chantix forces you to look at the issues in your life that you have been trying to hide with the use of cigs.? Also, I have had so many friends stop using Chantix due to the horrible dreams that they have had. Could that be a way to avoid the truth of what they are really hiding, and the reason why they smoke? Does chantix allow them to see the issues that they have been hiding from while using cigs? The people that stop using Chantix, do they stop because of the horrible nightmares. Or do they stop because Chantix tends to force them to face their fears and original issue that may have caused them to smoke? It's just something I have been thinking about, please give me your thoughts or concerns. Alicia Curley amberghuis@yahoo.com
Kyle

Superior, WI

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Can't say that I've had horrible dreams. Unusual, certainly...but not horrible.
I'm kinda with you in your thought that the drug may inadvertently trigger memories and the like that can show up in dreams. The drug is designed to shut down the receptors for nicotine in your nervous system, and as we all learned in grade school if one sense in your brain is turned off, others turn on and/or intensify.
I've had very intense and pleasant dreams since starting on the Chantix. No nightmares, just a lot of old faces and names and whatnot. As a bonus, the dreams are all completely lucid. And that may serve as evidence for your 'hiding', theory. I haven't anything to hide or be ashamed about, so no nightmares for me. Granted, nobody's perfect...but I can rest assured that I'm not a guilt-ridden monster, either, if your theory holds true (and I think it could).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rove group blasts 'Obama-Grimes Amnesty Plan' .... 42 min Electra41 1
Livermore looks to tighten anti-smoking regulat... 4 hr g 3
Hurdles for ObamaCare in 2nd sign-up season Tue Obama Bad 9
Weird Dreams While Taking Chantix (Aug '07) Mon lookingtokict3537 572
Higher cost cigarettes, smoking bans advised in... Sep 15 olivia mia 7
The 'Ed Show' returns to MSNBC with Sen. Bernie... (May '13) Sep 11 guest 2
Korban responds to suit: Doctor denies accusati... (Jun '11) Sep 11 karma 106
•••

Healthcare Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE