Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix

“how you doing ???”

Since: Mar 08

BKLYN New York

#72997 Jan 26, 2013
Donna wrote:
Just got the Chantix yesterday. Have not started it. Haven't set my quit date either. My insurance paid 100% of the Chantix. Cost me nothing.(wow was I surprised) Reading these posts gives me more encouragement to pack my bags and start this journey!!
Hi Donna first of all let me Welcome you to a new way of life and to our non-smoking family, I know that it will be rough for a little while but once you get the chantix in your system and it starts to work in my case 8 days then al you will have to do is break the habit of your smoking routine for example after drinking coffee or eating a meal Etc and before you know you will not have the desire to light up, I have been quit for over 5 yrs now and I can even stand next to someone who is smoking and i do not get the desire I do smell the smoke on some people and i wonder why i ever started LOL Good luck and if i could do it i know you ca as always your new friend PRMike

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72998 Jan 26, 2013
You've come to the right place, Donna! My one year quitaversary will be on February 9th. With the encouragement of everyone here, I have made it. You will, too! This amazing group of people are there for you! Congrats on taking that first step and getting the Chantix!

Michelle.
Donna wrote:
Just got the Chantix yesterday. Have not started it. Haven't set my quit date either. My insurance paid 100% of the Chantix. Cost me nothing.(wow was I surprised) Reading these posts gives me more encouragement to pack my bags and start this journey!!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72999 Feb 1, 2013
Happy Reunion Day its funny how I have forgotten how long it has been since I quit I had to go to my quit metter to find out LOL it has been 5yrs 4 months 3 weeks 2days 21hrs & 16 mintues and counting it feels great to be a non-smoker,,, To the newcomers you can do this and give yourself a break and let me welcome you to a new way of life and to Our non-smoking family as always your friend PRMike

Location hidden

#73000 Feb 1, 2013
That's awesome, PRMike! Congrats to you! My very first quitaversary is a week from tomorrow. I am so happy to hit that first milestone! Thanks for being there!
Michelle.
PRMike wrote:
Happy Reunion Day its funny how I have forgotten how long it has been since I quit I had to go to my quit metter to find out LOL it has been 5yrs 4 months 3 weeks 2days 21hrs & 16 mintues and counting it feels great to be a non-smoker,,, To the newcomers you can do this and give yourself a break and let me welcome you to a new way of life and to Our non-smoking family as always your friend PRMike

“to trolls everywhere”

Since: Aug 08

la...la...la...la...

#73001 Feb 2, 2013
I can't believe I missed Reunion Day again!

Congrats Michelle (a week early) on reaching a year quit!

Mike - congrats on your 5 years and 4 months!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#73002 Feb 3, 2013
AZQuitter wrote:
I can't believe I missed Reunion Day again!
Congrats Michelle (a week early) on reaching a year quit!
Mike - congrats on your 5 years and 4 months!
Hi AZQuitter thank you it's always so nice to see you and Congrats on your upcoming anniversary... Hugs as always your friend PRMike

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#73003 Feb 3, 2013
Michelle Mrs_R wrote:
That's awesome, PRMike! Congrats to you! My very first quitaversary is a week from tomorrow. I am so happy to hit that first milestone! Thanks for being there!
Michelle.
<quoted text>
hi Michelle Mrs_R I got confussed with AZQuitters post and yours, So Congrats on your upcoming Anniversary keep on going Hugs as always your friend PRMike

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#73004 Feb 4, 2013
Mine is "upcoming" too - but not until August! 5 years!

Did everyone miss Reunion day? At least I was not the only one!

Location hidden

#73005 Feb 10, 2013
Yesterday was my very first QUITAVERSARY! How did I miss that? Was it because I don't think about smoking any longer? Was it because I was busy doing healthy things? Probably both, but I missed it. Happy Quitaversary to me!!!!

Michelle.

Since: Oct 09

Isn't it grand!

#73006 Feb 13, 2013
Michelle, congratulations on one year !! Without a doubt, the one year mark is the most significant day in your new found freedom. Nothing will ever feel that good !! It is a milestone to be cherished. I am proud of you.

Just practice NOPE every day.

Location hidden

#73007 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks, CharlieJ!
CharlieJ wrote:
Michelle, congratulations on one year !! Without a doubt, the one year mark is the most significant day in your new found freedom. Nothing will ever feel that good !! It is a milestone to be cherished. I am proud of you.
Just practice NOPE every day.
Lady Mac

United States

#73008 Feb 14, 2013
Way late, again.
Congratulatiins for all milestines great and small! Wow Michelle - one year is a super milestone! Celebrate!!!! Macy's is having a shoe sale ...... just a thought :)

I have been quit for 5 years 3 months and a few weeks. I haven't smoked oodles of cigarettes. I have financed many shopping trips and vacations with the $s i have not spent on stinky cigarettes. I have improved my chances of griwing up to be an old lady :)

Happy valentines day!

Location hidden

#73009 Feb 14, 2013
Thanks, Lady Mac! I haven't yet figure out how to celebrate but I will!:)
Lady Mac wrote:
Way late, again.
Congratulatiins for all milestines great and small! Wow Michelle - one year is a super milestone! Celebrate!!!! Macy's is having a shoe sale ...... just a thought :)
I have been quit for 5 years 3 months and a few weeks. I haven't smoked oodles of cigarettes. I have financed many shopping trips and vacations with the $s i have not spent on stinky cigarettes. I have improved my chances of griwing up to be an old lady :)
Happy valentines day!

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#73010 Feb 26, 2013
Wow! Where is everyone?

Location hidden

#73011 Feb 26, 2013
I think the snow got to them!

Since: Oct 09

Isn't it grand!

#73012 Feb 28, 2013
AZQuitter wrote:
Wow! Where is everyone?
Yes, it has gotten quiet here.

Most notably, where is Marge?

Miss her. I hope all is well.

To all the quitters, old and new, keep it up. Each of us can be proud of our accomplishment !!!

“Hello Family!!!”

Since: Feb 08

Frozen Tundra

#73013 Mar 1, 2013
Happy reunion day!!! Meme is coming. She said so on FB.
Michelle Mrs R

Wichita, KS

#73014 Mar 1, 2013
Happy Reunion Day!

Location hidden

#73015 Mar 1, 2013
Happy Reunion Day!

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#73016 Mar 1, 2013
Happy reunion day! Meme is having trouble with her password....I am lucky my computer remembers mine for me!

On the 9th, I will be 4 years and 7 months quit. That is more than 40,000 cigs I did not smoke and in today's prices, more than $11,000 I did not burn.

I met good friends here. Thank you for helping me quit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chantix - problems after quitting or weaning (Jun '07) Tue melissa88 6,496
News GOP Gov: Brewer Defends Medicaid Expansion: 'We... (Jun '13) Aug 22 Ole Miss Heroin 31
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) Aug 22 Vote Trump 245
News U.S. judge says funeral home had religious righ... Aug 20 Sneaky Pete 4
News As Florida's Zika battle escalates, money to fi... Aug 20 Malcolm 3
News Fanny pack mixup unravels massive Medicare frau... (Jul '14) Aug 18 Dalsimer 666 14
News Sanders revs up 'public option' fight after Aet... Aug 17 He Named Me Black... 13
More from around the web