Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72976 Dec 25, 2012
Merry Christmas to all of you! I am so grateful to all of you for your support and friendship. I truly appreciate everything you have done to remain smoke free. Bless you all!

Michelle.

“to trolls everywhere”

Since: Aug 08

la...la...la...la...

#72977 Dec 26, 2012
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Non-Smoking year to all of you! Keep the Quit!

“QS 12/31/2007" "Go Raiders”

Since: Dec 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#72978 Dec 28, 2012
Monday, December 31, 2012, will mark Five (5) Years of not taking a single puff on a cigarette or intaking any source of nicotine. I used Chantix for Thirty-Seven (37) Days. I quit smoking on the Third (3rd) Day because I wanted to quit before the New Year began. As soon as I got to the full dose I began to taper off until I was certain I could handle the pressure. There were tough days but I made a resolve:“NOT ONE PUFF EVER”(NOPE). I hardly ever think about smoking and I am ever so proud that I had more power and control than an inanimate object!
Chantix and this Thread helped me to quit. I do believe this Thread was the the driving force that gave me the self discipline to stay quit. I have saved over Thirteen Thousand Dollars ($13,000.00) and not smoked over Forty Seven Thousand (47,000) cigarettes. In addition, I have gained almost Six (6) Months of Life. A Cold or a Flu does not linger now. No congestion or flim accompanies them. The best thing is I do not wreak of stale cigarette smoke.
The side effects I had were vivid dreams and they were happy dreams. They were like dreaming in high definition (I miss those). Another side effect is what I called the 'Chantix Wind' and boy did the wind blow. Another was a slight headache which was manageable.
I replaced cigarettes with water and as a result I still drink about a Hundred (100) Ounces of water a day. My food preferences have changed. Foods I used to love have lost their luster and foods I used to dislike have gained popularity. My health has improved.
Many thanks to the posters that were there for me when I quit. Many came and many went but that is the magical nature of this thread. Quitters were there for me. Without their presence, their humor and their support I would not have made it through that trying time.
So, keep on keeping on and keep on kickin' butts!

~~Cowboy~~
(I'm not a real cowboy but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

Location hidden

#72979 Dec 28, 2012
Well, congratulations, Cowboy! That is most awesome! Five years. What a phenomenal milestone. WOOOOHOOO!

I will be smoke free for one year on February 9th and I plan on strutting my stuff, let me tell you! I have no idea how much money I've saved. I look back and cringe at how much money I spent over the 40 years I did smoke.

Congrats again. You deserve something special!

Michelle.
CowboyLawyer wrote:
Monday, December 31, 2012, will mark Five (5) Years of not taking a single puff on a cigarette or intaking any source of nicotine. I used Chantix for Thirty-Seven (37) Days. I quit smoking on the Third (3rd) Day because I wanted to quit before the New Year began. As soon as I got to the full dose I began to taper off until I was certain I could handle the pressure. There were tough days but I made a resolve:“NOT ONE PUFF EVER”(NOPE). I hardly ever think about smoking and I am ever so proud that I had more power and control than an inanimate object!
Chantix and this Thread helped me to quit. I do believe this Thread was the the driving force that gave me the self discipline to stay quit. I have saved over Thirteen Thousand Dollars ($13,000.00) and not smoked over Forty Seven Thousand (47,000) cigarettes. In addition, I have gained almost Six (6) Months of Life. A Cold or a Flu does not linger now. No congestion or flim accompanies them. The best thing is I do not wreak of stale cigarette smoke.
The side effects I had were vivid dreams and they were happy dreams. They were like dreaming in high definition (I miss those). Another side effect is what I called the 'Chantix Wind' and boy did the wind blow. Another was a slight headache which was manageable.
I replaced cigarettes with water and as a result I still drink about a Hundred (100) Ounces of water a day. My food preferences have changed. Foods I used to love have lost their luster and foods I used to dislike have gained popularity. My health has improved.
Many thanks to the posters that were there for me when I quit. Many came and many went but that is the magical nature of this thread. Quitters were there for me. Without their presence, their humor and their support I would not have made it through that trying time.
So, keep on keeping on and keep on kickin' butts!
~~Cowboy~~
(I'm not a real cowboy but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

“Freedom...NOPE”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#72980 Dec 28, 2012
Hey CowboyLawyer...So happy to see that you are still smokefree!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm less than a month behind you...I also credit my friends here - old & new with my quit...I love them everyone. I'll let some of the others know that you've been here. I hope several will be here the first day of the NEW YEAR to check in.

“how you doing ???”

Since: Mar 08

BKLYN New York

#72981 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Years and a Happy Reunion Day to all,,, first let me Welcome all the newcomers to a new way of life and to our non-smoking Family..

I have been quit for 5Yrs 3Months 3weeks 2 days 1 Hr
total days quit 1,942
have not smoked 58,261
should have saved over $10,195.72
life saved 6 months 2 weeks 6 days 7 hrs

May you all have a great new year and may it be all that you want it to be hugs & love as always your friend Mike

Since: Oct 09

Isn't it grand!

#72982 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year and Happy Reunion Day to each and every one of you !!

It's good to see Marge, Cowboy, Michelle, Scott, Mike and AZ celebrating their quits.

We all have made a good choice and WILL be healthier and live longer for it.

Thank you all for your support !

After smoking for 40 years I have been quit for 3 Years, 3 Months, 2 Days, 13 hours, 9 minutes and 11 seconds (1,189 days). I have saved $8,029.44 by not smoking 35,686 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Months, 1 Day, 21 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 9/29/2009 9:00 PM

Location hidden

#72983 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year, everyone! I love coming here and seeing everyone. You all keep me inspired.

In just a few short weeks I'll be smoke free for a year. I can't wait!

Happy Reunion Day!
Michelle.

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#72984 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year! In 8 days, it will have been 4 years and 5 months since DH and I quit. Congrats Michelle on achieving your 1 year anniversary! I think that is when it really sinks in that you are an ex-smoker. Keep the quit!

Meme - Happy 5 years (19 days early I think). That is awesome. And I am just 7 1/2 months behind you!

Cowboy, Scott, Mike, Charlie and the rest - Good to see you are still kicking butts!

We all ROCK!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72985 Jan 6, 2013
AZQuitter wrote:
Happy New Year! In 8 days, it will have been 4 years and 5 months since DH and I quit. Congrats Michelle on achieving your 1 year anniversary! I think that is when it really sinks in that you are an ex-smoker. Keep the quit!
Meme - Happy 5 years (19 days early I think). That is awesome. And I am just 7 1/2 months behind you!
Cowboy, Scott, Mike, Charlie and the rest - Good to see you are still kicking butts!
We all ROCK!
Hi AZQuitter it's so nice to see your still coming to show surport, My daughter is trying to quit and I told her that if she got the Script I would pay for her Chantix I know how hard it was for me to quit without any help and the only thing that really worked for me was Chantix and the Surport i recieved here for all of you... may you have a blessed day hugs as always your Friend Mike
Lady Mac

United States

#72986 Jan 16, 2013
Missed Christmas, New Year and Reunion Day!!!!

Wow - look how many of us are beyond the 5 year mark. Amazing! Congratulation for all the anniversaries celebrated - big and small. We rock!

Hope 2013 is a great year for all my quit buddies.

I have been quit for 5 years 3 months and 9 days. I haven't smoked oodles of cigarettes, I have redirected substantial funds and I have improved my chances of getting really old :)
hippychic

Lufkin, TX

#72987 Jan 17, 2013
I started Chantix 3 days ago. I have never wanted to quit but I have COPD and I want to live a long life. I have my 1st grandson who is now 6 months old and want to watch grow up. I will be 50 in April. The worst is the sleepiness and I am snippy, want to be alone, but if I can stop this is so worth it to me and my youngest who hates smokers.lol I am trying hard. I am still smoking but I notices not as much. I have great hopes that this will work for me. I have never tried anything else because I never wanted to quit till now. I am proud of all of you that are trying. It is hard on us but we can do this....WE GOT THIS...lol well good luck guys and I will pray for us all to be smoke free....peace

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72988 Jan 18, 2013
hippychic wrote:
I started Chantix 3 days ago. I have never wanted to quit but I have COPD and I want to live a long life. I have my 1st grandson who is now 6 months old and want to watch grow up. I will be 50 in April. The worst is the sleepiness and I am snippy, want to be alone, but if I can stop this is so worth it to me and my youngest who hates smokers.lol I am trying hard. I am still smoking but I notices not as much. I have great hopes that this will work for me. I have never tried anything else because I never wanted to quit till now. I am proud of all of you that are trying. It is hard on us but we can do this....WE GOT THIS...lol well good luck guys and I will pray for us all to be smoke free....peace
Hi hippychic First let me welcome you to a new way of life and to our Non-smoking family, I have been quit for over 5 yrs and I'm grateful to chantix and to the people I met here i smoked for 41 yrs and could never quit until i used chantix,, the people here became like family and were here for me whenever i felt i need to unload my anger or just needed to have someone listen to me.. I know you can do it as always your new friend PRMike

Location hidden

#72990 Jan 18, 2013
Hi Hippy Chic!
This is so exciting! Keep us posted as you go along - anything! The support here is amazing! I will be celebrating my first quitaversary next month and the people here have been a huge part of that. I actually lowered my dosage (based on previous posts) and still managed to quit on time. I avoided being sleepy and grumpy thanks to cutting the pills down.

Good luck! You've come to the right place!
Michelle.
hippychic wrote:
kmc2749

Austin, TX

#72991 Jan 18, 2013
Check out http://www.rxwiki.com/chantix to learn more about Chantix.
Deb

Olivet, MI

#72992 Jan 20, 2013
Just popped in to post a few recommended TV series available on Netflix for those who are addicted to watching for my off-topic posts. These are all very good TV series that I've watched recently. All rated 5 at Netflix.

Downton Abbey
Upstairs Downstairs
Damages
Revenge
Ringer
Walking Dead

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#72993 Jan 20, 2013
Congrats to my dear friend Meme, who is 5 years quit today!

Sorry, Meme - I got here before you did! LOL

I am 4 years, 5 months and 12 days smoke free - and I am loving it!

Isn't it grand!

#72994 Jan 22, 2013
Oh Marge !! Congratulations on 5 years of Freedom !!!

I for one am forever grateful for your encouragement and enthusiasum. You were instrumental in my quit and in many others I'm sure.

My hat is off to you.
Donna

Fayetteville, GA

#72995 Jan 25, 2013
Just got the Chantix yesterday. Have not started it. Haven't set my quit date either. My insurance paid 100% of the Chantix. Cost me nothing.(wow was I surprised) Reading these posts gives me more encouragement to pack my bags and start this journey!!

Isn't it grand!

#72996 Jan 25, 2013
Donna,

Over three years ago I knew I wanted to quit smoking. I was afraid to try, knowing how addicted I was. I got the Chantix and decided now or never. I just kept smoking as usual, took the chantix and on day 11 smoked my last cigarette. Haven't looked back since.

Go for it. You will never regret giving up smoking !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds 20M would lose health coverage unde... Thu Le Jimbo 121
News Poll: Mainers want legal pot, higher minimum wage Thu longtail 1
News GOP Gov: Brewer Defends Medicaid Expansion: 'We... (Jun '13) Thu Geezer files 34
News The Latest: California bars travel to protest a... Wed Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News Supreme Court hands President Obama a major vic... (Jun '12) Sep 28 swedenforever 3,706
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) Sep 27 Cindy 349
News Feds push back on states targeting Planned Pare... Sep 25 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web