“how you doing ???”

Since: Mar 08

BKLYN New York

#72791 Oct 9, 2012
HarleyBob wrote:
CharleyJ, only a small percentage check in after about six months. I have over 300 names in my five year old QuitKeeper meter.
Today is 61 months for PRMike and 59 months that I have been nicotine-free, after 45 years x 2 packs daily. Thank you all for the support.
BTW, my two nicotine-free biker chicks finally agreed who gets to ride my Harley sidecar to our KTQ CyberParty on the first.
"Cuddles" just got out of lockup for piercing a dude's tongue with her toenail for disrespecting her by claiming to be nicotine-free with a cig behind his ear. Lucky for him she was not in a bad mood.
And "Fluffy" agreed to leave her razor collection home this time, so she won't be doing any freelance tats on people. You all will meet my two ladies (using the term loosely) at the party. Now who is bringing the trapeze net this year?
Hi HarleyBob thank you for remembering my quit and I'm so glad to see that you still come back and offer support to all,,, I will for sure be at the party but of course in disguise after I start singing (Posting Songs) I'll come over to meet Cuddles and Fluffy they must be cool if they ride with you ok Hugs as always your Friend PRMike

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72792 Oct 9, 2012
CharlieJ wrote:
HarleyBob...congratulations on 59 months !! 5 years is right around the corner.
I'll be looking forward to meeting Cuddles and Fluffy....sound like my kind of gals !!
Hi CharlieJ it will be my pleasure meeting you at the party it's going to be a blast hopefully the Oldtimers will all be there We used to have so much fun,, Like Steve Martin would say We're a wild and wacky bunch of people LOL Changed to fit LOL Hugs as always your new friend PRMike

Since: Oct 09

Isn't it grand!

#72793 Oct 9, 2012
Mike, congratulations of 61 months !! That puts nicotine way back in your past !!

Singing and dancing on the tables, Wooo Hooo !!!!!
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72794 Oct 18, 2012
http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/10/pfizer-settl...

The first SUICIDE case scheduled to start Monday October 22 has been settled. You can read about it here. Although I know you chantix lovers will not bother to read the truth about your mind bending drug choice. You could have quit without chantix, all it takes is a reason to stop. I am just glad you stopped trying to push people to suicide after a bad trip from chantix. Now this is a cause for celebration, a real one! YIPPIE!!!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72795 Oct 19, 2012
Virginia Lee wrote:
http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/ 10/pfizer-settles-first-case-o ver-chantix-and-suicide/
The first SUICIDE case scheduled to start Monday October 22 has been settled. You can read about it here. Although I know you chantix lovers will not bother to read the truth about your mind bending drug choice. You could have quit without chantix, all it takes is a reason to stop. I am just glad you stopped trying to push people to suicide after a bad trip from chantix. Now this is a cause for celebration, a real one! YIPPIE!!!
Hi Virginia Lee be that is it may be, I tried to quit on so many occasions and no matter what i Tried i could not quit,,, I have had other addictions which were easier to stop than it was stopping smoking so as far as im concerned and im living proof Chantix is the only thing that worked and i recently pasted my 5 yr mark, I know Chantix is not for everyone that's why it is suggested to see a Doctor and keep track of any mood swings,,, as always your friend PRMike
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72796 Oct 19, 2012
Hi PRMike, I am sorry you are such an adictive person. Still no reason to keep a drug on the market that might cause me to kill you. I DID see a doctor and he IGNORED the not yet publicized neuropsychiatric events. Pfizer EXPECTED suicide as a result from taking chantix. Psychosis is NOT a mood swing. Since in over 5 years this is the first time you posted to me ... we are not friends. As always, I will keep posting about the dangers of chantix until it is withdrawn. If you had checked into a drug addiction clinic, been in jail or been hospitalized you could have quit smoking by simply Not (taking) One Puff Ever! Nope your 5 years quit does not justify others deaths from taking chantix; or by someone who took chantix and harmed them due to lack of self control.

“Clearwater”

Since: Nov 07

Citizens Bank Park

#72797 Oct 19, 2012
CharlieJ wrote:
Happy Reunion Day to everyone !!
I have just spent the last month in Yosemite National Park as a volunteer. What a wonderful experience it was !! I could have never done it as a smoker.... it would have been socially unacceptable and I would not have been able to keep up on all the hikes we did !!
I have been quit for THREE YEARS and 3 days !!
Charlie, that sounds like a dream volunteer job. I want to get to Yosemite one of these days.

Shey8, congrats to your Detroit Tigers! Have fun with the Series!

Congratulations to all who are still keeping their quits. Mike, congrats on your 5 plus years.

Here's a summary of a recent study conducted in 4 countries that states that those who used varenicline, bupropion or the nicotine patch had much higher quit success at six months compared to those who tried to quit without using medication. http://www.itcproject.org/blogs/mediacover/me...
Maybe an improved quit assist is on the horizon that won't have the side effects of Chantix that others have experienced.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72798 Oct 19, 2012
2 cents it is less about you then it is for the general public. What IS your name BTW?
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72799 Oct 19, 2012
2 cents after all you did quote an article which counted those who tried to quit between 2006 and 2009 when the BLACK BOX WARNINGS came out ... this isn't about individual quit rates but the 2600 lawsuits for PERSONAL INJURY vs the 2500 in this survey. If you cannot quit w/o a SUBSTITUTE DRUG sorry for you but what about the other people, who ARE at risk for YOUR bad habit.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72800 Oct 19, 2012
Let me quote your article ...

"Six-month continuous abstinence among those who recalled making a very recent quit attempt was assessed at the next follow-up interview. The results showed that those who used varenicline, bupropion or the nicotine patch had much higher quit success at six months compared to those who tried to quit without using medication."

So what do you think won? Nicotine patch, Buropion or ... Varenicline? My thinking is whatever SUBSTITUTED "their" brain chemistry ... as far as "they" can remember. I remember EVERYTHING from QUITTING CHANTIX. You used CAFFINE to boost your brain and that in fact hurt mine! So what IS your point? Besides you cannot stop hurting yourself and OTHERS without help from another DRUG! Or can you NOT recall?
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72801 Oct 19, 2012
And how long after "a VERY recent attempt" did this "interview" occur?

I know your brians are ... convinced by let's say "drug company research", but let's say "normal".

Or are you saying WHYQUIT.com is WRONG?

"

Article Links Index
Inflated success rates
Early nicotine gum rates similar
Fails to defeat nicotine patch
28% excluded from studies
Serious safety concerns
Risk event chronology
Reporting reactions & refunds
Studies not blind as claimed
Related articles

"Does Chantix really work?" "Tell me the truth, what are my chances?" Frankly, not good. Putting aside for the moment underestimated risks regarding Chantix's link to suicide, if Chantix (whose chemical name is varenicline and sold as Champix outside the U.S.) is used as a stand-alone quitting aid without ongoing counseling or support, your chances of quitting smoking for one year are likely less than 1 in 11."

http://www.whyquit.com/pr/082506.html

This link was last updated 2006 BEFORE chantix was questioned as a SUBSTITUTE.

"Yet sadly, Pfizer continues marketing Chantix as having a 44% success rate at 12 weeks, when that figure is really rather meaningless. Why? Because in clinical trials the treatment period was also 12 weeks. Chantix has a 24 hour elimination half-life and heavily counseled and supported users were still under its influence. If addicted to using an external chemical (nicotine) to satisfy a brain dopamine pathway "wanting" disorder (nicotine dependency), how significant is a boast about successfully substituting and using another chemical (Chantix) which satisfies your wanting disorder too?"
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72802 Oct 19, 2012
IGNORE me if you can but this is about MORE then you or me but the general PUBLIC. You know those who have gotten past addiction or dependence on drugs .... be it chantix, nicotine or caffeine.

After chantix mine cannot handle caffeine ...
happy quitter

Alexandria, VA

#72803 Oct 21, 2012
Just checking in to see how the party plans are going .... and what do i see? Ginny ranting and raving like an escaped lunatic. VL, your problems far exceed any side effects caused by chantix, your mental health issues need professional attention. And I am sick and tired of you ragging on people who used chantix to quit, calling them weak,
addicted, pushers etc. Well, you silly twit, YOU used it too! It is too bad you had a reaction and started smoking again before you finally quit (using a method that suited YOU). Go find someone else to sue and stop bothering people.
Everyone here can read and they
don't need you ranting at them with your personal agenda. Go away!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72804 Oct 21, 2012
happy quitter wrote:
Just checking in to see how the party plans are going .... and what do i see? Ginny ranting and raving like an escaped lunatic. VL, your problems far exceed any side effects caused by chantix, your mental health issues need professional attention. And I am sick and tired of you ragging on people who used chantix to quit, calling them weak,
addicted, pushers etc. Well, you silly twit, YOU used it too! It is too bad you had a reaction and started smoking again before you finally quit (using a method that suited YOU). Go find someone else to sue and stop bothering people.
Thanks,Happy Quitter!
I haven't been a member of the club for very long but even I know when someone needs to let something go. Chantix was successful for dozens and dozens of people without the side effects. To be honest, I ignore her rants. More people are happy with Chantix than not and THAT will be what brings people here.

See you all on the first. I'm working VERY hard on my costume!
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72805 Oct 22, 2012
Those who take chantix ignore the risks. So where are all the stories of smokers who try to quit without chantix and killing themselves and OTHERS??? Find 3 and I will go away from this thread and leave you to a silly cyber party ...

BTW, this thread was STARTED by a LOBBYIST and is in the healthcare LAW forum. He asked if anyone had any information about chantix and I am providing the OTHER side.

I know you are all disappointed the first lawsuit was settled in favor of this other side. You only care about your selves and your quit. Or are you just worried something will happen in your future which will cause you to start smoking again and need your substitute drug to save you from yourselves?

“Quit: 08 Nov 2007”

Since: Apr 08

Vancouver, WA

#72806 Oct 22, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS to all on staying nicotine-free, no matter how we each got here. Our fifth annual Halloween KTQ CyberParty on the first should be lots of fun, even with no naked animals allowed.

My nicotine-free BikerChick ladies (using the term loosely) can hardly wait to meet some of you.

"Cuddles", with the coy smile and delicately trimmed toenails, already has a crush on PRMike and possibly CharleyJ also. Maybe VL too, if she's flexable that way and gets off her soapbox.

"Fluffy", with the stylish red doo rag covering her skull tat, isn't very particular who she mugs to keep BigBird safe, so no political chats around her Michelle and MeMe.

Now is "Bongo" wearing the pink tutu again this year and who is selecting music videos? What kind of party planners are you people anyway?

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72807 Oct 23, 2012
Virginia Lee wrote:
Hi PRMike, I am sorry you are such an adictive person. Still no reason to keep a drug on the market that might cause me to kill you. I DID see a doctor and he IGNORED the not yet publicized neuropsychiatric events. Pfizer EXPECTED suicide as a result from taking chantix. Psychosis is NOT a mood swing. Since in over 5 years this is the first time you posted to me ... we are not friends. As always, I will keep posting about the dangers of chantix until it is withdrawn. If you had checked into a drug addiction clinic, been in jail or been hospitalized you could have quit smoking by simply Not (taking) One Puff Ever! Nope your 5 years quit does not justify others deaths from taking chantix; or by someone who took chantix and harmed them due to lack of self control.
Virginia Lee Thank you for letting me know that We ARE NOT FRIENDS with that I bid you a good bye NO Need to Answer this since I'm not interested

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72808 Oct 23, 2012
happy quitter wrote:
Thank you happy quitter for saying what i wanted to say, as you see there is still someone that is not happy with Chantix and they are entitled to thier Opinion I will not fall into it again so i'll just keep on trying to give my support to those that may need it,, again thank you for being a Friend as always your Friend PRMike p.s. see you at the party...
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72809 Oct 25, 2012
Michelle Mrs_R wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Happy Quitter!
I haven't been a member of the club for very long but even I know when someone needs to let something go. Chantix was successful for dozens and dozens of people without the side effects. To be honest, I ignore her rants. More people are happy with Chantix than not and THAT will be what brings people here.
See you all on the first. I'm working VERY hard on my costume!
Let something go??? The first trial was settled. I posted here so others knew this fact. You want me to let chantix off the hook when I still have a lawsuit against Pfizer for the harm it did to me and THOUSANDS of others? Keep having those weird dreams cuz me forgetting my chantix nightmare can only happen after it is OVER!!! In my opinion anyone who tries this non nicotine substitute because they are not willing to suffer nicotine withdraw are nuts. You ignored the warnings and got lucky probably because you couldn't take the recommended dosage and weigh enough to handle the poison.
Virginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

#72810 Oct 25, 2012
happy quitter wrote:
My agenda is to have chantix removed from the market and environment because it is poison. If chantix wasn't a stronger drug then nicotine you would all still be smoking? That is a weak reason to keep a drug, which only SUBSTITUTES your body's dependence. In light of the fact your brains nicotonic receptors prefer chantix to nicotine or it wouldn't work at all, you are overlooking the probability it acts like nicotine to do so. If nicotine increases the number of recptors then so does chantix. Since chantix is a stronger poison with a longer half life no wonder it curbs addiction. No wonder either why the chantix vs other drugs of addiction clinical trials are not reporting results or being terminated. I believe the facts about chantix and dependence, you know that 3% Pfizer admits to, are speaking louder then you know. It is a secret, closely guarded by the industry, which has been delayed by Pfizer SETTLING the first case.

Let me set your errors straight. I did NOT have a reaction to chantix but a response to withdrawal from chantix. My body had become dependent on it. My mind didn't know or you could call it an addiction. I understand the difference in medical terms of addiction vs. dependence now.

I was given an antipsychotic and this made my response worse. I tried antidepressants and they did not work either. Are you willing to pay for the mental treatment you mistakenly imagine I need? I am sick and tired of those who do not understand the difference between chantix dependence and nicotine addiction. Swapping the drug is NOT the answer. It is your choice however until the drug you chose is removed from the selection.

Now go on and pretend you only came here for the cyber party, no name with no RL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Marriage' Rooted in Fraud, Child Rape 27 min Rainbow Kid 13
News The Shake Shack summit that saved the education... 55 min barefoot2626 2
News OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills (Jul '13) 3 hr kaylayossi 493
News Finally, Congress OKs Bill Reshaping Medicare D... 20 hr see the light 12
News Traceability needed in competition Fri lavon affair 1
News Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats... (Jul '12) Fri RayOne 2,348
News Senate Votes for $141 Billion in More Debt to C... Apr 16 see the light 1
More from around the web