Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Sorry, meant to say this will be my FIRST party!

“how you doing ???”

Since: Mar 08

BKLYN New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

hellven wrote:
woo hoo, it will take a while to gather all of us, so I guess November 1 it is....anyone have an idea for a theme? Must find the correct attire....
AZ Quitter good job staying free...Curly, can't wait to giggle together and do send bongo to pick me up...Harely Bob, please think of a cool theme for us. How are ya?.LadyMac, can you make it on Nov. 1 ? Quitter in Austin, how exciting that you quit, and you gave some great advice...that weight gain can be tough...PRMike, you always welcome all of us...Please save a dance for me in November...Scott in MA looking forward to seeing you at the party, and Michelle, I am praying for you...If I missed ya, I will catch ya soon...So tick off another day in your fabulous road of freedom from nicotine...and spread so me love around, the world needs it!
aloha,
Hellven
PS maybe we can do hawaii again, with surfing and beach fun....and not much clothes...or maybe we can do a Zoo party and each of us can be a fun animal grrrrr....come on, we need ideas, maybe if we list the past party themes it will help..
Hi hellven what about a Halloween theme ? I dont remember if We did that before ? As always it's so nice to see you here may you have a blessed day Hugs Always PRmike
hellven

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

PRMike wrote:
<quoted text>Hi hellven what about a Halloween theme ? I dont remember if We did that before ? As always it's so nice to see you here may you have a blessed day Hugs Always PRmike
halloween theme is a great idea...we can trick or treat, we can bob for apples or cocos, and we get to start thinking of a costume, unless you want to wear the one from the night before...

Michelle, you are part of the family, and we cna't wait to see your costume for the party....
Curly bongo needs a costume now....
Keep the quit and let's find everyone and invite them to the Halloween Party....
stay strong, and keep smiling, your lungs thank you, Hellven
hellven

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Curly wrote:
I will be here with Pearl and Bongo.
Please curly, no naked animals...!!! and don't let them drink too much..LOL, hugs to ya

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Good Morning and Happy Reunion Day,,, First of All let me Welcome all of you to a New way of life and to Our Non-Smoking family....

I have been quit for 5yrs, 3 weeks, 1 day and 23 Hrs
total days quit 1,849
Have not smoked 55,498
I Should have saved $49,712.28
Life Saved 6 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 16 Hrs and 50 mintues

We are Planning a Cyber Party on 11/1 it will be a Halloween Theme come one come All Let's have some fun Hugs as Always your friend PRMike
Vrginia Lee

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

YEAH! The first trials start this month! We only had to wait 5 YEARS to be heard! I hope Trish comes to your party, lol!

Let's see, do those lives LOST add up to what you "think" you have gained? You could have quit smoking with support and no drug substitute. Don't be so happy about being weak! You have to learn self control.

Now it is time for some real fun ... it is called REAL LIFE to those in cyber land!

“Quit: 08 Nov 2007”

Since: Apr 08

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

REUNION DAY and CONGRATULATIONS to all of us quitters, no matter how we got here.

Curly, Hellven & PRMike, I'll strap the sidecar on my Harley and bring along my two nicotine-free biker chick friends, all of us dressed as pirates for our KTQ Cyber Party next month.

I won't need an tats or piercings for my costume as my two ladies (using the term loosely) have enough for all. You say no naked animals as mascots? Hmmmm ...

“Freedom...NOPE”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Good morning to all my GOOD quit friends!! Our friendship has lasted longer than many marriages :-) HAPPY REUNION DAY...This group is a mighty happy bunch!!

HarleyBob...Thanks for my morning laugh!

((HUGS)) to all...

“Freedom...NOPE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Frenchie in Austin Texas wrote:
Hello yall;
I haven't been on this thread for a long time.
I just wanted to let everyone know that it's going to be my 4th anniversary I quit smoking within the next month and I never looked back at my bad habits.
The 1st year was probably hard, b/c it's not easy to get rid of a 24 years smoking addictions, and then you get back to normal after that.
I was able to quit with chantix, otherwise I think i would still be smoking. When I took the pill, the 1st times, I was smoking more than ever, than I quit the pill and went back on it 1 month later. I gradually raised the dosage (went from half a pill a day to 1 whole pill 3 days later). I believe that the 4th day, I quit smoking, and I was on the pill no more than 2 weeks (because i heard that some people said it could be bad). It was extraordinary to be smoke free just 4 days later.
Once you are off the pill, you have to wean off slowly, but you may have withdrawals, and it does not come from the pill but from the fact you quit smoking, but it isn't that bad (cold sweats, hard time to focus), and they don't last that long, for my case i believe it lasted 3 weeks.
Some people can quit without chantix and my hat's off to them, i tried to do it without and I was not able to do it, so the pill really helped me.
Do not forget to exercise and to change your diet once you quit smoking. I gained around 40 pounds in 2 months, and it was hard to shred them off. Also since you won't be able to kill the calories with the nicotine, go make a blood draw to be sure everything is fine with your blood test. For my case my cholesterol went up to 411, after I quit smoking (the weight intake affected the cholesterol level).
Frenchie...So glad that you posted! I've thought of you often & hoped that you were able to stay smokefree since you worked so hard at it...I didn't want you to have to through that again!! I wish you the very best in life!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Reunion Day! And a mere month until the Halloween party. I need to seriously think about what costume to wear. I won't reveal what it is until the day of the party just to keep you guessing!
See you all then!
LadyMac

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Happy reunion day! Congratulation for all quits big and small.
I will be celebration 5 years this month! Yippee! I am so thankful that I had the strength to quit with the help of chantix and the people here - and the strength to keep my quit so I would never have to quit again by any method.

A halloween party! Oh what fun!
It will be an after party :)
We can start guessing what everybody will be for halloween and/or what they will wear to the party. Some will be too easy to guess.

Keep on quitting! And celebrate all your milestones!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Just a Little hint to my costume I will be a singer from the early 1900's to the 1950's LOL see you there on 11/1 Hugs Oh can anyone guess who i will be ??? LOL

“Freedom...NOPE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

LadyMac wrote:
Happy reunion day! Congratulation for all quits big and small.
I will be celebration 5 years this month! Yippee! I am so thankful that I had the strength to quit with the help of chantix and the people here - and the strength to keep my quit so I would never have to quit again by any method.
A halloween party! Oh what fun!
It will be an after party :)
We can start guessing what everybody will be for halloween and/or what they will wear to the party. Some will be too easy to guess.
Keep on quitting! And celebrate all your milestones!
LacyMac....CONGRATULATIONS on the almost FIVE YEAR mark!!! I hope to get out to your neck of the woods before long. My daughter lives out there now so I'm planning to go to Modesto & SF... We need to get a group of the CA quitters together :-)

“Freedom...NOPE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

oop...that would be LadyMac but Lacy sounds good too!

Since: Oct 09

Isn't it grand!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Happy Reunion Day to everyone !!

I have just spent the last month in Yosemite National Park as a volunteer. What a wonderful experience it was !! I could have never done it as a smoker.... it would have been socially unacceptable and I would not have been able to keep up on all the hikes we did !!

I have been quit for THREE YEARS and 3 days !!

“to trolls everywhere”

Since: Aug 08

la...la...la...la...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Happy Reunion Day! The party sounds interesting - have we set a time?

Meme - If you come thru AZ on your way to CA you need to let me know!

Isn't it grand!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Just popping in to say hi !!

Enjoying a beautiful day and counting my blessings.

It is such a joy to no longer smoke. What freedom it brings.

Hope you are all having a wonderful October.

Isn't it grand!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

On another note......

During the last 3 years I have seen many new quitters on this board. Some have come and stayed, some have been here only a short while.

Don't you wonder what has happened to them? Did they quit? Once successful, they no longer needed to be here? They relapsed, and don't come here anymore?

Just Wondering.......

“Quit: 08 Nov 2007”

Since: Apr 08

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

CharleyJ, only a small percentage check in after about six months. I have over 300 names in my five year old QuitKeeper meter.

Today is 61 months for PRMike and 59 months that I have been nicotine-free, after 45 years x 2 packs daily. Thank you all for the support.

BTW, my two nicotine-free biker chicks finally agreed who gets to ride my Harley sidecar to our KTQ CyberParty on the first.

"Cuddles" just got out of lockup for piercing a dude's tongue with her toenail for disrespecting her by claiming to be nicotine-free with a cig behind his ear. Lucky for him she was not in a bad mood.

And "Fluffy" agreed to leave her razor collection home this time, so she won't be doing any freelance tats on people. You all will meet my two ladies (using the term loosely) at the party. Now who is bringing the trapeze net this year?

Isn't it grand!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

HarleyBob...congratulations on 59 months !! 5 years is right around the corner.

I'll be looking forward to meeting Cuddles and Fluffy....sound like my kind of gals !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••