Comments
69,861 - 69,880 of 70,303 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 1

“how you doing ???”

Since: Mar 08

BKLYN New York

#72750 Sep 3, 2012
LadyMac wrote:
Happy reunion day to all quitters oldies and newbies. Congratulations for every minute of your quit!
Next month (October) I will have my 5 year quitiversary! Holy non-smokers! I think I will take a trip to celebrate this one (my closets are full):)
Keep on quitting and celebrate all those milestones. Cyber parties helped me with my quit! What fun they were!
Hi LadyMac it's always so nice to see you giving surport and an early Congratulations on your 5 yrs and Yes the cyber parties were lots of fun We need to have one soon hugs as always your friend PRMike

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72751 Sep 3, 2012
Michelle Mrs_R wrote:
Well, rats, I missed it! Just seeing how long some of you have been smoke free is so inspiring! I'm glad for your encouragement and support every day. Next Sunday will be 7 months for me. Have a safe holiday!
Michelle.
Hi Michelle Mrs R Welcome to a new way of life and to Our non-smoking familyPlease stay strong life gets so much better without cigarettes. Hugs as always your new Friend PRMike

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#72752 Sep 4, 2012
Damn I missed reunion day... But still wishing you all the best and hope you are winning the fight!
(I love seeing my stats.. Still can't believe it)

Since 29 January 2011:
584 days smoke free,
10517 cigarettes down,
$4469.73 saved and 43 days gotten back!

“to trolls everywhere”

Since: Aug 08

la...la...la...la...

#72753 Sep 5, 2012
LOL - I missed it too! I must have been wrapped up in the holiday weekend. In 4 days, it will be 4 years and one month for me. Woo hoo!

My neighbors still smoke and I can't stand to go in their house. When I come home I need to take a shower, the smell just clings! Yuck. I am so glad I do not smell like that anymore!
hellven

Tucson, AZ

#72754 Sep 5, 2012
Michelle Mrs_R wrote:
Well, rats, I missed it! Just seeing how long some of you have been smoke free is so inspiring! I'm glad for your encouragement and support every day. Next Sunday will be 7 months for me. Have a safe holiday!
Michelle.
Woo Hoo Michelle...you are doing it....keep it up and keep on breathing....aloha

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72755 Sep 5, 2012
ScottinMA wrote:
Damn I missed reunion day... But still wishing you all the best and hope you are winning the fight!
(I love seeing my stats.. Still can't believe it)
Since 29 January 2011:
584 days smoke free,
10517 cigarettes down,
$4469.73 saved and 43 days gotten back!
Thanks for the encouragement, you guys. I love coming here and seeing how everyone's done.

Scott, how do you keep track? I would LOVE to do that, too!

“Quit: 08 Nov 2007”

Since: Apr 08

Vancouver, WA

#72756 Sep 6, 2012
Michelle, I believe Scott and most of us here use QuitKeeper to keep track of our smoke-free stats, free download available at http://www.DedicatedDesigns.com/QK

After 45 years x 2 packs daily, I have now been nicotine-free almost 58 months (1,770 days) thanks to Chantix and the many supportive people here.

QK says that I have not spent $17,700. by not smoking 70,800 cigarettes since November 8, 2007. Statistically, I have also possibly redeemed over eight months of my previously squandered life.

Our "secret" codes are KTQ (Keep The Quit) and NOPE (Not One Puff Ever). Pass the word.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#72757 Sep 6, 2012
Michelle... I have an app on my phone called Quit now (on Android). There are plenty of free apps for your computer and iphone if that's what you use.

Let me know if you need any help.

Scott

Location hidden

#72758 Sep 7, 2012
HarleyBob wrote:
Michelle, I believe Scott and most of us here use QuitKeeper to keep track of our smoke-free stats, free download available at http://www.DedicatedDesigns.com/QK
After 45 years x 2 packs daily, I have now been nicotine-free almost 58 months (1,770 days) thanks to Chantix and the many supportive people here.
QK says that I have not spent $17,700. by not smoking 70,800 cigarettes since November 8, 2007. Statistically, I have also possibly redeemed over eight months of my previously squandered life.
Our "secret" codes are KTQ (Keep The Quit) and NOPE (Not One Puff Ever). Pass the word.
Thanks, Bob and Scott. I'll go look for it!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72759 Sep 8, 2012
Good Morning Everyone 5 yrs ago I finally decided to STOP Smoking and it was with the Help of Chantix and then I found this Site and made some good Friends that were here for me when things got a little rough for me and helped me get through what ever I was going through,, I'm forever grateful to Chantix and my Dear Friends for giving me my life back...
To the Newcomer Welcome to a New Way of life and to Our Non-smoking family,,,
To My Dear Friends We should have another cyber Party ? Hugs to all as always your Friend PRMike

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72760 Sep 8, 2012
I Finally got my quit meter Yay LOL

My Stats are...Quit time 5 Yrs Days quit 1,491

I have not smoked 44,759

this amount is going by $3.50 a pack when I quit so it should be much more, I should have saved $ 7,832.98

Life saved 5 months 2 days 9 hr's and 55 minutes

Thank you chantix
Hellven

Tucson, AZ

#72761 Sep 9, 2012
PRMike wrote:
Good Morning Everyone 5 yrs ago I finally decided to STOP Smoking and it was with the Help of Chantix and then I found this Site and made some good Friends that were here for me when things got a little rough for me and helped me get through what ever I was going through,, I'm forever grateful to Chantix and my Dear Friends for giving me my life back...
To the Newcomer Welcome to a New Way of life and to Our Non-smoking family,,,
To My Dear Friends We should have another cyber Party ? Hugs to all as always your Friend PRMike
OK so you keep hinting...how about November 1? since it is reunion day and it gives us time to tell everyone? We can spend the next month making suggestions for the theme for a party...To Michelle, you are kicking butts! and we want to celebrate...so we are starting to think of planning a party...Someone please tell Curly!! She can bring monkeys or donkeys...but we will want a good theme. Of course we hope to hear suggestions fromeveryone..new, old, dancers, sitters...Then we can find what to wear and all that fun prep stuff....and please, can we have some Cocos....Oh and remember when we were planning the pirate party and then a real pirate ship hijacked someone or something in the real news...? I think we never had the pirate party...I had something to wear, we learned the pirate lingo and all...but it never happened...or did i miss something? What is your favorite idea for the themof the cyberparty (an original only found on this thread)????
Ok PRMIKE eso querias que hiciera? You want a party? Let's do it, November 1 be here, don't worry, no smoking at our parties...
hope everyone has a good week!! Hugs, Hellven

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#72762 Sep 12, 2012
Hellven - I think the parties took place before my quit. I actually hit 4 years three days ago. Funny - I nearly forgot!

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#72763 Sep 12, 2012
LOL - I meant 4 years and one month. I can barely remember being a smoker. I am so glad I quit!

“how you doing ???”

BKLYN New York

#72764 Sep 13, 2012
AZQuitter wrote:
Hellven - I think the parties took place before my quit. I actually hit 4 years three days ago. Funny - I nearly forgot!
Hi AZQuitter Congrats on your 4 yrs, I'm so glad to see that you still come back and give surpport to the new comers hugs as always your friend PRMike
Curly

Appleton, WI

#72766 Sep 15, 2012
I will be here with Pearl and Bongo.
Curly

Appleton, WI

#72767 Sep 15, 2012
Good to see you all!!!
Frenchie in Austin Texas

Taylor, TX

#72768 Sep 16, 2012
Hello yall;
I haven't been on this thread for a long time.
I just wanted to let everyone know that it's going to be my 4th anniversary I quit smoking within the next month and I never looked back at my bad habits.
The 1st year was probably hard, b/c it's not easy to get rid of a 24 years smoking addictions, and then you get back to normal after that.
I was able to quit with chantix, otherwise I think i would still be smoking. When I took the pill, the 1st times, I was smoking more than ever, than I quit the pill and went back on it 1 month later. I gradually raised the dosage (went from half a pill a day to 1 whole pill 3 days later). I believe that the 4th day, I quit smoking, and I was on the pill no more than 2 weeks (because i heard that some people said it could be bad). It was extraordinary to be smoke free just 4 days later.
Once you are off the pill, you have to wean off slowly, but you may have withdrawals, and it does not come from the pill but from the fact you quit smoking, but it isn't that bad (cold sweats, hard time to focus), and they don't last that long, for my case i believe it lasted 3 weeks.
Some people can quit without chantix and my hat's off to them, i tried to do it without and I was not able to do it, so the pill really helped me.
Do not forget to exercise and to change your diet once you quit smoking. I gained around 40 pounds in 2 months, and it was hard to shred them off. Also since you won't be able to kill the calories with the nicotine, go make a blood draw to be sure everything is fine with your blood test. For my case my cholesterol went up to 411, after I quit smoking (the weight intake affected the cholesterol level).
hellven

Tucson, AZ

#72769 Sep 18, 2012
woo hoo, it will take a while to gather all of us, so I guess November 1 it is....anyone have an idea for a theme? Must find the correct attire....

AZ Quitter good job staying free...Curly, can't wait to giggle together and do send bongo to pick me up...Harely Bob, please think of a cool theme for us. How are ya?.LadyMac, can you make it on Nov. 1 ? Quitter in Austin, how exciting that you quit, and you gave some great advice...that weight gain can be tough...PRMike, you always welcome all of us...Please save a dance for me in November...Scott in MA looking forward to seeing you at the party, and Michelle, I am praying for you...If I missed ya, I will catch ya soon...So tick off another day in your fabulous road of freedom from nicotine...and spread so me love around, the world needs it!
aloha,
Hellven
PS maybe we can do hawaii again, with surfing and beach fun....and not much clothes...or maybe we can do a Zoo party and each of us can be a fun animal grrrrr....come on, we need ideas, maybe if we list the past party themes it will help..

Location hidden

#72770 Sep 18, 2012
This will be my party. I'm looking forward to it!

Frenchie, I gained 23 pounds and have worked very hard to get 20 of that off in the past 3 months. I quite understand! You cholesterol scared me! Wooowheee that's high! Had my physical today and having lost some weight my cholesterol dropped 17 points.

Hellven, thank you! Everyone here has been so supportive over these months since I quit (February 9, 2012)and I appreciate all of you.

Whatever theme you all decide on, I'll be there. Thank you all for letting me a part of this!

Michelle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL-Gov: One Of Rick Scott's (R) Victims Is Dedi... 4 hr OrlandoChris 1
GOP Shies Away From Obamacare Repeal 11 hr kuda 6
Many kids fall through gaps in dental care Wed michael-blum 12
The Emerging Liberal Oligarchy (Feb '09) Wed swedenforever 57
Wells Fargo Bank Sued for Awareness of Violatio... (Nov '11) Wed swedenforever 2
Pancreatitis and chantix (Oct '08) Wed Marc 41
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Tue KeS 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Healthcare Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••