“Go Giants!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#72323 Dec 6, 2011
OMG - does the loon ever shut up? No one is denying your bad experience VL, but come on already - it's been years. Anything left is your own mental illness - pre-existing your Chantix experience!
Jaytay

Chicago, IL

#72324 Dec 8, 2011
Day 11 for the pill. Day 2 for smoke free. 39 years old. 26 years of smoking. Is this really happening? Have I really not smoked since 10pm Tuesday night? WOW!
Katz

Topeka, KS

#72325 Dec 8, 2011
Congrats Jaytay!!!! Two days becomes two weeks then two months (I'm not there yet) and so on. I am at a little over a month and it's still hard. I have to use willpower every day but it's getting less. I just can't wait for the day I go all day without thinking about a cig at all. Unfortunately, I think that's a ways a way. But I know I can do it, even when my brain tries to reason with itself that it really wasn't that bad when I was smoking :o)
Katz

Topeka, KS

#72326 Dec 8, 2011
I'm 39 and smoked for 27 years so I know how difficult quitting is!!!! Keep up the great work!!
Jaytay

Chicago, IL

#72327 Dec 8, 2011
Thanks Katz!!!

Since: Oct 09

Isn't it grand!

#72328 Dec 8, 2011
Katz, Jaytay,

I smoked for 40 years !! I have been smoke free for a little over 2 years. It can be done !!

Just remember NOPE, and remind yourself that you never, ever want to go through the quit process again....that thought alone keeps me from ever wanting to smoke again :) Whether 2 days or 2 months, never give up what you have gained.

Charlie
Katz

Topeka, KS

#72329 Dec 8, 2011
Thanks Charlie. When does the constant cravings stop? They have become less since I have quit but I still think of them every day. But I tell myself, like you, I never want to go through this process ever again!!

“to trolls everywhere”

Since: Aug 08

la...la...la...la...

#72330 Dec 8, 2011
Katz - When you mind turns to thoughts of smoking, redirect it. You can get past the mental craving. You have to retrain your brain by thinking of something else.

I have friends who are smokers, and I can not believe I stunk like an ashtray like they do. If I visit their house (they smoke inside) I come home and have to take a shower - the stink just clings. I am so glad I do not smell like that anymore!

Tomorrow will be three years and three months for me and my hubby. Woo Hoo!
Katz

Topeka, KS

#72331 Dec 9, 2011
Thanks AZ....I do redirect but the cravings still come :o( They are getting less and some days are better than others, I think it's just because it is still new to me. Just a little over a month now. They have gotten less so I'm hopeful they will become even less as the months go on :o) Congrats on your 3 years 3 months!!(and your hubbys also):o)

Isn't it grand!

#72332 Dec 9, 2011
Katz,

Well, like you have realized, the cravings are diminishing daily. Just don't give up, and one day soon, you'll go through days without thinking of nicotine.

DON'T give up your gains now!!!! Remember NOPE.

Keep reading and posting, it works !
Katz

Topeka, KS

#72333 Dec 9, 2011
Thanks Charlie!!
David

Denton, MD

#72334 Dec 14, 2011
I just Started Chantix today, took my first pill around 5PM as soon as I got home prom the pharmacy with it...

I must say, it does make me awfully drowsy. I have set my quit date for next Thursday, December, 22, my Christmas gift to myself I suppose.

I'm 38 and have smoked 20 years now. As a volunteer firefighter, i regulary engage in strenuous activity, and recently have been noticing the signs of decreased lung function, hence my decision to finally quit for good. In the past I have tried the patch twice, which worked the best, but still I relapsed, the lozenges, the gum, and cold turkey...nothing has worked, so this seems to be my last hope if I ever intend to stop letting nicotine rule my life.

Wish me luck!!

Since: Aug 10

Waco, GA

#72335 Dec 14, 2011
Good for you. You have just taken the first step that many of us here took to finally quit for the last time.

Go back and read the last thirty or so pages to get a feel for the whole environment here.

Don't engrave your "quit date" in any stone. Quit when you feel like you're ready. You'll know when it comes. It took me almost two weeks and I know folks that quit in five or six days. Don't worry about any set timeline..........it's YOUR quit---let it do it's deal and you will do great.

Greg

Since: Dec 11

Denton, MD

#72336 Dec 15, 2011
Thanx Mando!!(that was me up above) I signed up after I posted that...lol

I read a lot of this thread before I had my dr. appt. yesterday...I knew this would be a good place to go...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#72337 Dec 15, 2011
David...

Congratulations... You can do it. Follow the instructions and you will be just fine. Chantix won't stop you from thinking about smoking, but it will make the physical withdrawal very manageable. If I can do it... Anybody can.

I'm proud to report that

Since 29 January 2011: 320 days smoke free, 5773 cigarettes down,$2453.72 saved and 24d 1h 18m of my life back!

Scott

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#72338 Dec 15, 2011
It's funny when I first quit, I found this forum and began reading the posts from the very beginning. It helped me like you wouldn't believe... Every time I would normally be smoking, I would just read through some more of the posts on my ipad. It worked like a charm :-) and gave me something to do for the few minutes.

Happy quitting everybody

Scott

Since: Dec 11

Denton, MD

#72339 Dec 16, 2011
I suppose I hit my first milestone today (Day $3 of Chantix). Late last night I ran out of smokes. Not feeling like driving 2 miles to the only open store in the area, I decided to just tough it out. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I awoke in the morning without a cigarette and wasn't flipping out after an hour...sure I wanted a cigarette, but just didn't NEED it like usual. I still broke down and went and bought a pack, but am commiting myself to trying to wait as long as possible in between smokes...

To some that may seem like a small step, but for me it was huge...normally after an hour of being awake without having a smoke, I'm literally impossible to deal with...

“Hello Family!!!”

Since: Feb 08

Frozen Tundra

#72340 Dec 16, 2011
Lots of new quitters here. I love it!!!!
PLEASE be careful with the Chantix. I used it ..a few times and it worked great the 1st time. Stick with your quit and you'll be sooooo happy.
Good luck to you all!!!!!!
(think twice about using it more than once):)

Isn't it grand!

#72341 Dec 17, 2011
Hi Curly....nice to see you post!

I hope everything is going well for you..... you were so encouraging to me early in my quit. Thank you so much, I'm forever grateful !!

Shoreboy, David....keep reading and posting, you have great tools in hand to help you quit !!! Chantix works !!

After 40 years of smoking I have been quit for 2 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 21 hours, 12 minutes and 47 seconds (808 days). I have saved $5,459.96 by not smoking 24,266 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 6 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 9/29/2009 9:00 PM

Since: Aug 10

Waco, GA

#72342 Dec 17, 2011
shoreboy31 wrote:
sure I wanted a cigarette, but just didn't NEED it like usual....
There you go!!!!

You have gotten a picture of how it works. Chantix makes it possible to get through the cravings long enough that tobacco finally just gives up.

It DOES get easier and the cravings DO go away.

Way to go!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 1 hr Le Jimbo 193
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 2 hr RustyS 16
Texas Couples Ask U.S. Court To Allow Same-Sex ... 4 hr Obvious 6
Illegal immigrants could receive Social Securit... 15 hr spytheweb 1
Expanded health coverage merits push from leaders 17 hr MARGE 1
Obama alone after midterm repudiation Wed tha Professor 335
Therapy found effective in older, African-Ameri... Wed Zombie Corpse Rental 1

Healthcare Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE