Lovelace Health Plan sues ABQ Health Partners

Oct 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOB-TV

Lovelace Health Plan has filed a lawsuit in a bid to stop a medical group from trying to get its patients to switch insurance companies.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2012

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

This is true, I have received a few snail mails from ABQ Health and the parent company trying to get me to switch to Blue Cross or another company.

I am staying with Lovelace and will just have to find new doctors.

Blame all this on Obamacare like it or not that is part of the problem.

Medical companies are now merging to have more power and control over insurance companies and make more profit.

This is not posted to create a fight over Obamacare, it is what is happening and the next two years everyone working and on Medicare will see more changes, like it or not.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Just glad I no longer have Lovelace or AbqHP so their shenanigans don't affect me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

CornDogz wrote:
Just glad I no longer have Lovelace or AbqHP so their shenanigans don't affect me.
But what if the plan you have or all their doctors decide to defect ?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if the plan you have or all their doctors decide to defect ?
Then I'll address if/when it occurs<G>. Just glad I don't need to and that I'm no longer a part of that particular group. Of course Obamacare will probably compound the issue<sigh>...
HikeDude

Owasso, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Have you guys seen this? Lovelace has a website all about it. http://www.lovelovelace.com/content/lovelace-...

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

HikeDude wrote:
Have you guys seen this? Lovelace has a website all about it. http://www.lovelovelace.com/content/lovelace-...
There are full page newspaper ads here (multiple next to each other too), TV ads as well as radio ads. What a disgusting mess for their patients, however free enterprise will prevail (I hope) and both will find compromise for the sake of those they both claim to serve. Heh, sounds like a political ad huh...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

To everyone here, give this some thought, if insurance companies and doctors are not making much money explain how they can have millions to spend on all those ads?

Surely Obamacare is not paying for it.

Yes each person on Medicare pays upward of $100 a month so right there are millions but this is really an attempt to put one out of business, Lovelace.

It will take years to settle and might end up in the US Supreme Court.

I said MIGHT, not will and by that time a few insurance companies will probably be merged or gone.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

coopercook wrote:
for getting good health care, and finding a good company to go with, does anyone recommend a company to go with that they have like and have stuck with? http://www.katondirect.com/
The wife and I have Presbyterian (left Lovelace 2 years ago) and are more than happy with the quality of their healthcare, the way they administer things, office visits, billing, the Dr's, clerks, receptionists etc. For the first time we truly feel that when we visit, some is really listening to what we say/ask and that someone cars vs simply processing people in and out. We honestly have nothing negative to say about them, however your mileage may vary(YMMV).

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Bluntly Spoken wrote:
To everyone here, give this some thought, if insurance companies and doctors are not making much money explain how they can have millions to spend on all those ads?
Surely Obamacare is not paying for it.
I thought the same thing when I opened the Urinal the last few days and was faced with those full page ads. Those puppies are not cheap! As I mentioned, they're on TV and the radio too - heard the ad today on 104.7.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

And the beat goes on...Lovelace accusing ABQHP that they are owners of insurance companies? Say hello to Argent (gold). They were smart enough to set up different corporations to run Lovelace. Now they accuse someone else of not doing the same? Sharks in the water with the smell of blood.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

PS. Telling your patients what you have to do if you want to keep your relationship to your doctor is now a bad thing. Seems like relationships means nothing and now all you need to have is an institutional transfer. Doesn't matter who takes care of you. Trust is now to the institution rather than the doctor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••