Medicaid's annual $2 billion in emerg...

Medicaid's annual $2 billion in emergency care goes mostly to illegal immigrants

There are 7 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Medicaid's annual $2 billion in emergency care goes mostly to illegal immigrants. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

President Barack Obama repeated that pledge last month when he outlined his immigration plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Obama LIED as usual, is anyone surprised?
Of COURSE we will be forced to pay for illegals!!
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#2 Feb 12, 2013
In Utah the average health care premiums for average family just went up $2400.00 per household. When legals Americans have emergency's and you have to go to the emergency room, the linse in the waiting room are filled with illegal Mexicans. However in Utah the Church run Hospitals have hidden free clinic's in Hispanic Neighborhoods, that the average citizen usually know's nothing about. Intermountain health care organized several of these free clinic's to turn illegals too when they show up at emergency room's. That cost's Utah tax payer billions a year in premiums and increases in State tax individually to pay for. I've seen mine go up continually for four year's. We have all payed for their care in more way's than financially. California hospitals have had to close because of illegals. And Obama could care less what we the tax-payers have to give up to pay for these leeches. It's nut's.
Johnny

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Apr 25, 2013
Giving the $2 billion emergency care to illegal immigrants is unfair. There are a lot of Americans suffering from life-threatening diseases and conditions that need financial help. These people can't afford to purchase private insurance and their only alternative is government program like Medicaid. However, the benefits they get are not enough and they have to shoulder the excess cost using their savings. I hope the government will take time to study this again and to help those who are really in need. Americans are suffering while those immigrants are getting more than what they deserve. I'm not saying that they don't need help from the government. My point is, the government should prioritize its citizens first before others. If this won't change, I guess people have no choice but to take matters into their own hands and prepare for their future by purchasing private insurance. For additional reading about long term care plans please visit http://www.infolongtermcare.org/long-term-car...
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Apr 25, 2013
Americans that are ill and have any asset's are targeted by the insurance company's. The think we can tap out asset's to pay for illegals and the uninsured. I've seen Seniors lose their homes because of health care cost's. And yet the Mexican/illegals get free health care everyday of their lives. It's never Politically correct to debase these interlopers but honest to God. When will the regime in the WH realize what they're doing. The Boston bomber was on welfare, when he blew off his bomb's. We probably funded it. Where the Hell are we?
HoneyBooBoo

Upper Darby, PA

#6 Apr 25, 2013
75% of Undocumented immigrants are on Pay Rolls & pay all taxes according to Social Security & IRS officials:

In 2010, the last year for which figures are available, employers reported wages of $70.3 billion from 7.3 million undocumented workers whose records were placed in the earnings suspense file, according to data provided by the SSA to The Medicare NewsGroup.

These payroll taxes, however, go straight to their respective trust funds. This amounts to over $2 billion for Medicare and close to $10 billion for Social Security in 2010.

From 2001 through 2010, the total Medicare contributions from undocumented immigrants amounted to about $21 BILLION dollars.
HoneyBooBoo

Upper Darby, PA

#7 Apr 25, 2013
Maybe the Social Security should transfer some of the 10 billion they receive from undocumented workers a year (which they are not entitled to collect) to Medicaid. That is ON TOP of the 2+ billions that are already deducted directly from Undocumented Immigrantís payroll taxes!!

This way the money paid by undocumented immigrants does not only go to subsidize Social Security payments to American Citizens, but also subsidize their health care!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Apr 25, 2013
HoneyBooBoo wrote:
Maybe the Social Security should transfer some of the 10 billion they receive from undocumented workers a year (which they are not entitled to collect) to Medicaid. That is ON TOP of the 2+ billions that are already deducted directly from Undocumented Immigrantís payroll taxes!!
This way the money paid by undocumented immigrants does not only go to subsidize Social Security payments to American Citizens, but also subsidize their health care!
what ever an illegal alien has was stolen from a citizen,it is ill gotten gain from theft.see if they was good honest people that had any values at all they would not be here illegally. all things come down to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016 hopefuls react to Obamacare ruling 3 hr illegal Pilgrims 21
News Ban Flavoring, Ads for E-Cigarettes, Doctors' G... 6 hr Vape Me 5
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... 8 hr Le Jimbo 14
News Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies 23 hr goonsquad 104
News Lunch & Veterans: Maine Veterans' Homes with CE... Thu PJ Doherty 1
News How Bobby Jindal lost everything: A one-time GO... Jul 2 Fred 2
News Sides Continue to Split in ObamaCare Debate Jul 1 kuda 30
More from around the web