Video: Pelosi: "Great confidence" in ...

Video: Pelosi: "Great confidence" in a technological fix to Obamacare woes

There are 127 comments on the CBS News story from Oct 23, 2013, titled Video: Pelosi: "Great confidence" in a technological fix to Obamacare woes. In it, CBS News reports that:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., says she has "great confidence" in the ability of technology to fix the Obamacare website problems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Jim Shortz

Philadelphia, PA

#142 Dec 5, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
who do you think is the goofiest....Pelosi or Maxine?
I think they are both extremely ugly and disingenuous men
Maude

Floral Park, NY

#143 Dec 5, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are both extremely ugly and disingenuous men
I love it ,your answer.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#144 Dec 6, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>

You claim windows of opportunity, but I never see them. People say they exist, but when you try to actually find that opportunity it is gone. I have talked with a great many people saying that if you had a good business plan you can get funded. Not a single one could follow through when shown a great business plan. So, if you think you know of one; what is it?
Ok, It's been a week, and not a single answer. The silence is deafening.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#145 Dec 6, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, It's been a week, and not a single answer. The silence is deafening.
Silence is time for other things. Silence stops threads from going all over the place. Silence could mean nuff said.

The 'windows of opportunity' was in regards to the social-ist issues. Occupy should've set up shop must closer to the collapse of 2008. 3-5 years later is late. People affected has already found some alternatives and did not wait for a political solution.

The 'windows of opportunity' apply to big and small businesses as well. Timing IS everything. 8 years ago you could've got many investors to go in on house flipping now you can't even get many investors to buy a dog house. But just like the hourly worker feeling entitled to a certain pay and benefits many businesses and/or entrepreneurs feel entitled to operate a business and make a profit. The big corporations were acting entitled when they became too big to fail. Timing is everything including knowing when to stop or not invest. There is a TIME to get out, sell or postpone. Many are complaining they can't sell their over priced house ie they are underwater like it's a catastrophe-you are not entitled to a profit when a you buy a house which is place to live and not a commodity to be traded-treating it like one is a voluntary decision that comes with the chances or consequences of losing money.

Health care will in limbo by the time the businesses fall under Obama Care next year. It will literally be the perfect time to come up with a cheaper alternative to the mandated or older tranditional insurance based system. Nothing happens to COSTs until a large chunk of the providers bill hourly or salary and insurance is not used as a service plan. True competition and/or cheaper alternatives would start driving costs down, not right away but as soon as the old school provider and insurers realize it AND are will to participate in a different market.

I love how the left's latest ploy is trying to sell Obama Care as a capitalist system because the exchanges give you choices. But capitalism it is not because of the subsidies alone. That's not raw competition when the plans or product require mandated outside funding. The plans/companies are not standing on their own. They are not really competing.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#146 Dec 6, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
Silence is time for other things. Silence stops threads from going all over the place. Silence could mean nuff said.
The 'windows of opportunity' was in regards to the social-ist issues. Occupy should've set up shop must closer to the collapse of 2008. 3-5 years later is late. People affected has already found some alternatives and did not wait for a political solution.
The 'windows of opportunity' apply to big and small businesses as well. Timing IS everything. 8 years ago you could've got many investors to go in on house flipping now you can't even get many investors to buy a dog house. But just like the hourly worker feeling entitled to a certain pay and benefits many businesses and/or entrepreneurs feel entitled to operate a business and make a profit. The big corporations were acting entitled when they became too big to fail. Timing is everything including knowing when to stop or not invest. There is a TIME to get out, sell or postpone. Many are complaining they can't sell their over priced house ie they are underwater like it's a catastrophe-you are not entitled to a profit when a you buy a house which is place to live and not a commodity to be traded-treating it like one is a voluntary decision that comes with the chances or consequences of losing money.
Health care will in limbo by the time the businesses fall under Obama Care next year. It will literally be the perfect time to come up with a cheaper alternative to the mandated or older tranditional insurance based system. Nothing happens to COSTs until a large chunk of the providers bill hourly or salary and insurance is not used as a service plan. True competition and/or cheaper alternatives would start driving costs down, not right away but as soon as the old school provider and insurers realize it AND are will to participate in a different market.
I love how the left's latest ploy is trying to sell Obama Care as a capitalist system because the exchanges give you choices. But capitalism it is not because of the subsidies alone. That's not raw competition when the plans or product require mandated outside funding. The plans/companies are not standing on their own. They are not really competing.
Timing is everything. It has not been the time to start a business since Reagan changed the laws to destroy the middle class. 8 years ago, was looking for funding for several companies. Investment banks would not even return phone calls, so you couldn't even give them the pitch. They were not interested in new opportunities.

I know people who flip houses. It is not a get rich quick scheme, it is hard work. Besides, it is not a great business plan.

When the time for anyone in the middle class to create a business is never, then it is safe to say there is no opportunity. f

As to defending Obama care, I won't go there. Obama care is simply the Heritage foundation's scheme to re-distribute wealth from the middle class to a few insurance company CEOs. You cannot reduce the cost of health care until you remove the outrageous costs of paying the CEOs billions for nothing.

It will not be a good time to create such a business because the insurance companies have rewritten the law so they cannot have any competition, and any investor with enough to invest will know that. So you won't have a good business plan, the investors will know it and you have no chance of making a profit anyway if you throw your own money into it ( it will take millions.)

As to not being capitalism, we don't have that. Instead we have monopolies, and corporations who hire congressmen and have lobbyists who write the laws. It is not capitalism, it is fascism.
Maude

Floral Park, NY

#147 Dec 7, 2013
I would beleave that there is a SANTA CLAUS before I would beleave OBAMA and his OBANACARE.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#148 Dec 9, 2013
The great Pelosi has spoken. Technology is going to save this bill. Never mind that it will screw at least 100 million Americans. The important part is that we protect Obamas legacy. She's such a liberal idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why a lifesaving drug that's been around since ... Mon WE THE PEOPLE 1
News 5 reasons prescription drug prices keep rising Mon ZIO-CORRUPTION 3
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) Mon OINK MOMBACH 246
News Ex-check-cashing exec gets 18 years for fraud i... (Jun '09) Mon USS LIBERTY 72
News The Personal Responsibility: How racism has sha... Mon Oh No You Di-nt 1
chantix - problems after quitting or weaning (Jun '07) Sun Toia19822 6,497
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) Aug 25 medview 70,585
More from around the web