Emergency health services employees n...

Emergency health services employees not paid

There are 628 comments on the Harrisburg Daily Register story from Jan 6, 2007, titled Emergency health services employees not paid. In it, Harrisburg Daily Register reports that:

By Mona Sandefur American News Service Published: Saturday, January 6, 2007 8:39 AM CST BENTON - Mercy Regional Emergency Health Services employees did not receive their paychecks on Friday, but according to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harrisburg Daily Register.

First Prev
of 32
Next Last
Freddy Got Fingerd

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 8, 2007
this has been an on going problem as well as manny of the same problems that plauged his former serivce Effingham Avanced He has lied to the county about response times and has broken his argeements as to keeping one ALS truck in the county at all times, He has responded in Uninspected and non street legal trucks by him self, witch is aganst state law and Ems Statutes, He was caught running trucks with the wrong Plates and wrong documention

I know of this Info first hand because I am a former mercy Employee we asked about pay our jobs were threatnd there were 2 incidents were Osha and IL dept of heath standrds were not followed in regrads to a needle stick incidents how can he Fly to Kansas to Pick up a soild white new ford Expditon and drive it back but yet that time the checks bounced Or how he can take a managemet member to vegas and stay in sweet but yet his employees are not paid yet again

Why has Franklin County let this happen is the county too cheap to bring in or offer a tax baised
stipend to bring in a good serivce ? its obvious that the problem is not only with Clay Hobbs but with the county as well, Some serivces may only pay for 13 hours but at least they dont get excuses or lied to about when they are going to get paid

and why would Any Employee stay with this Serivce
and his Lies I feel sorry for the Employees that stay because it is not them that suffer but thier families and the citzens of the county

Its time the county wakes UP

PST

“Psssssst”

Since: Dec 06

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2007
I know one thing. Its pretty scary that the whole county might not have medical attention when it is direly needed. We cant expect these ppl to work for free.....someone or something needs to get this operation back in service in whatever way it takes. Obiviously the funds were misused and the owner needs to be made accountable. They collect thousands of dollars from insurance companies and medicare and medicaid.....should be able to atleast make their payroll. Without these ppl many ppl could die because there will be no one to come to their aid.
Assy McGee

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jan 11, 2007
It looks like Illinois isn't the only state that Clay Hoobs has been doing wrong in. Apparently he was involved with another company in Texas called Gold Star EMS that filed for bankruptcy April 25, 2005. Gold Star was raided by federal investigators in Port Arhur, Texas. They were raided for medicare fraud, that employee health care claims were denied because they were unable to pay their benefits. Clay Hobbs is listed as a CEO for Gold Star EMS.
Does this sound familier. It seems that Clay Hobbs has a pattern of blaming medicare, medicaid and government contracts for not being able to pay his employees or paying their benefits.
This information was obtained at the Examiner.com and zoom info .com.
freddy got fingred

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 14, 2007
look at this here is a report from the wsj where clay hobbs made 800 dollars a day for fema plus heres where you can find the info http://www.pogo.org/m/cp/cp-katrina-wsjournal...

Here is the Info on how much he was making from the VA and as well as FEMA the parent Company is listed as Effingham Advanced it shows the anual revenue is almost 400,000 anual income

Look for your self My question is wheres the Money
http://www.fedspending.org/fpds/fpds.php...
EMS Worker

Mount Ulla, NC

#5 Jan 23, 2007
perry medic

Downs, IL

#6 Jan 24, 2007
are you sure that is the same clay hobbs involved with gold star ems?. sounds just like him however helicopters and jets? kinda overboard for edinburg trash isnt it?
oklahoma ems

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2007
reports from medics in oklahoma indicate mr hobbs has been bounceing checks to employees here too. also claims to employees that he has contracts here that he does not. He just tells the employees what they want to hear. we are getting the picture here already.Mr Hobbs please go home.
ems

Chilton, TX

#8 Jan 27, 2007
clay was not involved with gold cross,
perry medic wrote:
are you sure that is the same clay hobbs involved with gold star ems?. sounds just like him however helicopters and jets? kinda overboard for edinburg trash isnt it?
perry medic

Downs, IL

#9 Jan 30, 2007
who said anything about gold cross?
ems wrote:
clay was not involved with gold cross, <quoted text>
Money

Jasper, TX

#10 Feb 16, 2007
freddy got fingred wrote:
look at this here is a report from the wsj where clay hobbs made 800 dollars a day for fema plus heres where you can find the info http://www.pogo.org/m/cp/cp-katrina-wsjournal...
Here is the Info on how much he was making from the VA and as well as FEMA the parent Company is listed as Effingham Advanced it shows the anual revenue is almost 400,000 anual income
Look for your self My question is wheres the Money
You are right about this one I know all about GoldStar...There was a Clay Hobbs???? For Sure. I belive he ownes a company Ambulance Company in houston, TX It starts with an Ody...I wonder how he is doing..ha ha
2packaday

Afton, OK

#11 May 1, 2007
is he married maybe thats where the money is going or maybe it is his night life with a face like that he has to pay...
freddy got fingerd

Saint Louis, MO

#12 May 8, 2007
well it just keeps comming he never did pay the employees that were sent to help out for katina and rita he never did pay them right he is still running this game how manny more people are going to be put at risk by him running trucks non stop and lieing to the community

“hell ya ”

Since: May 07

Southern IL

#13 May 8, 2007
here are the links this site listed him as ceo if you cross check the e mail it comes back to mercy regional health serivces and if you check previous AMA Ameircan Ambluance Assn he is listed as ceo for mercy and gold star ems
http://www.zoominfo.com/search/PersonDetail.a...

he cant pay his employees but hes making bank from the Va here ya go
so wheres the money Oklahoma medic Let them know whats comming
oklamedic

Vian, OK

#14 Jun 12, 2007
When he set up shop in Oklahoma, he set up in a town that already had four ambulance services. What was he thinking? What ever attracted him to Oklahoma? He has already been busted for violating the sole provider ordinance in Tulsa, then they got kicked out of pryor for doing the same thing. We know Mercy has been running calls in other cities with sole provider ordinances, but no one has been able to prove it yet. Did he think he was sooooo much smarter than the other services in Oklahoma, that he could just come in and take over. So far he (or shall we say, his people) has under bid another, more reputable, company for a city contract so low, there is no way they can run an ambulance service and break even. Now Mercy is bidding on another city and will probably do the same thing. I think the idea is to try to scarf up all the contracts they can, wait till all the little services go out of business and then jack their prices up above what these cities are already paying good, clean, honest services and still not make payroll. Maybe thats were all the payroll money is going. Maybe he is having to put so much money into trying to put other service out of business, he is just blowing off paying the employees in the other states. Although, I hear the Oklahoma payroll has bounced a couple of times. They just give the employees excuses and so far the fools are believing the line of crap they are given. I use to work for a guy that tried to do the same types of things,(so I know a line of crap when I hear it) and well, he ended up loosing everything, but it took something like 15 years. Hold on everybody, maybe Mr Hobbs day is coming too.
oklahoma ems

AOL

#15 Jun 15, 2007
I wonder about the recent contract that was underbid. I hear they promised two trucks to them until the county saw thier game and backed out. now doesnt the law require it to go back out to bid if there are changes to the contract after the fact. i hear one truck and a paramedic with city fire fighter. why are they not held to the contract.if this is true.
Girliemedic

Vinita, OK

#16 Jun 18, 2007
I am with one of the Okla. services that also was underbid by Mercy. I fear that he is trying to put our service out of business. When the bids were placed, we were never offered free housing, with a firefighter to drive and free temporary dispatching. It has been a nightmare and it's only just begun. We cover county and they cover our city. It is all out war and I hate what it is doing to our citizens. God help him if he is not what he keeps saying he is all about. I don't think he understands how much we love and care about our county and it's citizens. He has never had a fight on his hands if he thinks he is gonna come in here and end up hurting our town in the process. We have only just begun to fight.
oklamedic

AOL

#17 Jun 20, 2007
I heard today, Mercy was found setting in Oklmulgee waiting on a call. This is just a day or two after Okmulgee County EMS registered a complaint with the state about Mercy coming into the county, trying to take over. It seems they have no respect for districts with sole provider ordenences. It also seems, they don't understand how EMS works in Oklahoma. We don't step on each others toes and burn bridges like that. With any luck, they will finally go to far and loose their license.
oklahoma ems

Claremore, OK

#18 Jun 22, 2007
lets see, kicked out of mayes county soul provider, kicked out of pryer, soul provider, kicked out of okmulgee county soul provider, kicked out of tulsa county Im sure if the state does nothing then its just telling mercy that its ok to do this. has any one heard anything on the fraud investagations in illinois? please post
medic712

Carbondale, IL

#19 Jun 22, 2007
Well I have done some investigating myself... I have found out that absoletley nothing has happened with the federal investigation, otherwise unfounded. I called several towns where Mercy provides service, the fire chiefs and 911 director has nothing but good things to say bout them. I spoke with some of their medics in Tulsa today, they love working there. They said they have NEVER had a problme with their paychecks..in fact they are paid better than what I am. From what it sounds like some po dunk backwoods ambulance service has lost a contract to a much better service. You go Mercy! It seems Like this guy Clay Hobbs does do a good job...
My suggestion to you all would be check the situation out before you go bad mouthing someone! You idiots are what hurts paramedics and ambulance service images.
oklahoma ems

Leonard, OK

#20 Jun 23, 2007
generaly people and ambulance services create thier own images. the responses to alot of these oklahoma post are fact. Im not sure how they do it in illinois but people around here for the most part do have manners and respect sole provider ordinances, and the law. Your comments are unfounded and certainly reflect the types of people you describe.Mercy maybe a good service i dont know. but they need to respect oklahoma law and its citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitt Romney Fails to Bypass Utah Primary for U.... 30 min whiney beech 12
News NC is in desperate need of school nurses. Will ... Apr 20 wizard of ZOG 2
Chantix side effects sufferers - not cheerleaders (Oct '07) Apr 18 Bobbyquatro 6,615
Burning sensation of skin -Chantix? (Oct '07) Apr 18 Quitter123 78
Friends and Family - Chantix Chat (Aug '08) Apr 16 Palletman1 9,041
News Thousands of Kentucky teachers rally for educat... Apr 15 Rev Cash Dollar 27
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) Apr 14 anan 389